The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Crewmen Headshots

Luminide

I'm practically dealing no damage to their heads and this is proving to be very irritating especially in the higher levels. 

I always thought that grineer were supposed to be more armored than the corpus with corpus dealing more damage,but this head shot immunity thing makes all crewmen more durable than grineer in end-game content.

They only thing this issue needs is for punch through to work for corpus heads i.e mod space for headshots(several posts below say this as well).

Edited by Luminide

It is intended. Notice the huge box around their heads?

You'd think you'd have figured that out until the "high levels".

Oh sure sure defend the head but forget about the rest of the body, makes sense!

Oh and also your second statement doesn't really make sense, armour 2.0 was added a little more than a month ago that's quite a bit of time you took to reach the "high levels".

Edited by Luminide

Oh sure sure defend the head but forget about the rest of the body, makes sense!

I'm not defending Corpus fashion choices. I'm just supporting common sense.

Though, it is logical to protect the head before everything else.

Punch through should work on every piece of armor, corpus, grineer, remaining grineer armor pieces on chargers. No one can tell me my weapon can shoot through 3,3m of solid granite, steel or enemies, but not through those milk cartons on corpus heads? What does my bullet do then, does it get teleported to the back of their heads where it continues it's flight? Or are corpus like in that bad movie I've seen lately, The Watch, where the aliens had their brains in their genitals? It surely is the place every player is shooting at for dealing any damage whatsoever. Just admit it.

It is quite frustrating that corpus seem to have no weakness at all, with a shield that has to be cracked with brute force and only then you can harm them with means else than toxin damage (oh, now toxin can pass through that mighty shield of theirs). Absolutely not ideal for the stealth mechanic that may one day work.

I think DE is trying to mix it up by giving us an enemy that you're NOT intended to shoot in the head. Mixing things up for us and what not. Although it would be nice if they made punch-through go through their helmet, trading off a hefty amount of mod points for that double damage.

Before damage 2.0, armor piercing was perfect for a corpus head.  After 2.0, armor piercing is just puncture, and only procs an effect that reduces an enemies damage.

If there was still a true armor piercing, then you could shoot their heads and get double damage like before.  But since that particular damage was made unavailable for us, we can't effectively shoot them in the head.

This was suggested in another very similar thread buuuuuut,

Why not either call the punch-through mods something else, or make the corpus helmets COMPLETELY INPENETRABLE.

Either way, the weakpoints are cool and should stay varied. 

We should have many weakpoints per enemy and all of them varying sizes and damage levels ;D