Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 11.6(Now 11.8) And Still No Detron Changes. Edit: De Has Apparently Refused To Do Anything About It.

Brynslustafir

I know Plasma, I'm frustrated as much as you are, maybe more cause I have only 3 shiny Detron BPs, but at least we can stop murdering bosses like no tomorrow.

This, of course, if they haven't given us just a hint of a bigger process, putting us on the risk to run tons of invasions without triggering him.

But at this point it would be so silly that I hardly doubt DE would have done it...

I don't care what they say. I only care about what they do. Their word has become rather unreliable, and they just keep putting off Detron fixes and saying "We're worlking on it". How long can it take to replace 2 build requirements? 15-20 minutes? And how long has Harvester been dropping Detron? Over a week?

Actions speak louder than Words, DE. So when are you actually going to take action? 

did 2 invasions, No harvester and gave up so props for those doeing 100+ cant believe people can do the same mission over and ov..wait

Pretty sure it has something to do with battle pays, as Steve clearly said.

Doing invasions now may work only if you haven't met the Harvester since the last battle pays or if some teammates are marked..

Just speculation, of course, but seems quite logic to me after what they've said...

I'm done for tonight, Screw this. Trying to farm a rare enemy while battling the numerous RNG walls is taking too much of my time. Now that College has started back up again I can't just waste time trying to deal with a broken spawn system. 

And I'd like to spend my weekends doing something fun, instead of hopelessly trying to make the RNG tilt in my favor only to be denied over and over.

I think I'm done with Warframe until DE straighteens this crap out. Too many RNG walls, borderline broken spawn system, little to no clarification, too many build requirements, the usual "We're working on it". 

I'm done for now. See you guys whenever DE fixes this nonsense. 

Edited by Plasmaface

So you're telling me Alad V is an in-game representation of DE?

Heheh, pretty much.  Wouldn't be surprised if there's some self-aware humor going on.  But you'll likely never see them admit it.

I'm done for tonight, Screw this. Trying to farm a rare enemy while battling the numerous RNG walls is taking too much of my time. Now that College has started back up again I can't just waste time trying to deal with a broken spawn system. 

And I'd like to spend my weekends doing something fun, instead of hopelessly trying to make the RNG tilt in my favor only to be denied over and over.

I think I'm done with Warframe until DE straighteens this crap out. Too many RNG walls, borderline broken spawn system, little to no clarification, too many build requirements, the usual "We're working on it". 

They already got your money for grandmaster, they don't care.  Bye.

You could talk poorly of this game.  They could start losing sales.  Problem with capitalism is: that doesn't tell them why they lose sales.  This is why being profit-oriented is a flawed mindset.  If someone makes a game to be fun, then in all likelihood it'll be fun, at least for some people.  DE is making their game for profit.  They're not even focused on broad appeal (though this is the case as well), they're just focused on artificially extending gameplay via grind, regardless of how unpleasant it is for players.

Why?  Because they can get away with it.  People need to stop letting them.  Stop buying plat, stop telling people about it, post more about your displeasure with the game (in constructive ways, of course).  Do something.

Unfortunately, the forums seem to have a fanboyist climate.  So negative feedback, even if constructive, or even just feedback asking for improvement/change is almost always met with hostility.

so... can I have your stuff? say maybe so I can rage at the potential RNG implications of maybe

A fix implies that it's broken. I think you meant "change."

I don't have a Detron, but I'm kind of glad that it's so difficult and time consuming to craft. It gives something to strive for.

If they bound it to a single blueprint instead of sub components, I hope they nerf the drop rate of Harvester.

That being said, Megan has posted that DE is looking into alternative methods for crafting the Detron or having it drop/harvester spawn, etc.

45439cd6d55d18f83d442376405d61d076fd70bc

A fix implies that it's broken. I think you meant "change."

I don't have a Detron, but I'm kind of glad that it's so difficult and time consuming to craft. It gives something to strive for.

If they bound it to a single blueprint instead of sub components, I hope they nerf the drop rate of Harvester.

That being said, Megan has posted that DE is looking into alternative methods for crafting the Detron or having it drop/harvester spawn, etc.

45439cd6d55d18f83d442376405d61d076fd70bc

For stating things that have already been coverred in related threads? Nah. 

Scott has said he simply doesn't expect people to S#&$ THEIR PANTS once new weapon gets released AND DEAR GOD if they don't get it immediately, they cry and cry and do nothing more.

This was supposed to come along as you do other activities.

Scott has said he simply doesn't expect people to S#&$ THEIR PANTS once new weapon gets released AND DEAR GOD if they don't get it immediately, they cry and cry and do nothing more.

But the problem was they put in 8 RNG walls, And it'd be fine if it was something to do as you play, but that's not the case looking at the way they made it spawn (doing grineer invasions for the battle pay), it's something you must farm for, not wait as you play. If they had made it spawn when you kill a corpus boss (percent chance obviously), or fought corpus, that'd be fine. But they didn't do that.

I've been doing other activites since Detron was released. Still barely made any progress. 

And I'm far past the point of caring what other people really think of this. I look at things objectively and pinpoint problems. The big problem with making the Detron drop from Harvester isn't that it's hard to get. I'm fine with difficulty. The problem is that it's much harder to get than the Brakk was in the Gradivus dilemma. And looking at the stats, the Detron isn't even as good as the Brakk. So why is the inferior gun so much harder to get?

Think about it. Brakk was guaranteed if you did 100 runs and DE made this perfectly clear for the players. Whereas they have barely told us anything about Harvester, leaving us to work with the insignificant "hints" we dig up from livestreams and Alad V's quotes when he sends Zanuka/Harvester after you. 

So a lack of clarification on top of multiple RNG walls just for a gun that isn't even as good as the Brakk?

I see a few problems here. 

Edited by Plasmaface

That's true and I respect it, but as Megan said this is valid for new players; veterans should be considered as well, when you've a MR close to 15 you probably don't have many other activities to do but waiting for new contents.

And giving us a RNG grind based weapon is really not good, we don't have neither weapons or frames to level up in the meanwhile, since most of us have a multiformaed and maxed equipment and have everything but the Detron.

So when a new content like this is released it must be balanced for being a funny challenge for veterans and a way to keep them playing and a content that new players will earn while discovering the game. Harvester and Detron at the moment are not really in this way.

Edited by siralextraffo

Nobody is complaining about having random rare enemies. I loved that in pso. WHat people are complaining about is having a weapon (that isn't even that good) locked behind multiple layers of rng. This is kind of like DE saying they would replace J3-Golem with lephantis and put it on jupiter but instead locked him behind grind walls. And at first derelict keys had seriously horrifying resource costs and build times.

Then why bother having the weapon at all? If it isn't that great anyways.

So a lack of clarification on top of multiple RNG walls just for a gun that isn't even as good as the Brakk?

a gun that isn't even as good as the Brakk?

a gun that isn't even as good 

isn't even as good 

good 

There's your problem. The weapon isn't good. So why bother even getting it in the first place? Just to complete an in-game database?

Heheh, pretty much.  Wouldn't be surprised if there's some self-aware humor going on.  But you'll likely never see them admit it.

They already got your money for grandmaster, they don't care.  Bye.

You could talk poorly of this game.  They could start losing sales.  Problem with capitalism is: that doesn't tell them why they lose sales.  This is why being profit-oriented is a flawed mindset.  If someone makes a game to be fun, then in all likelihood it'll be fun, at least for some people.  DE is making their game for profit.  They're not even focused on broad appeal (though this is the case as well), they're just focused on artificially extending gameplay via grind, regardless of how unpleasant it is for players.

Why?  Because they can get away with it.  People need to stop letting them.  Stop buying plat, stop telling people about it, post more about your displeasure with the game (in constructive ways, of course).  Do something.

Unfortunately, the forums seem to have a fanboyist climate.  So negative feedback, even if constructive, or even just feedback asking for improvement/change is almost always met with hostility.

But... but... but... There are those who actually like the game.

If you don't like it, you can just leave, and never speak of it again. 

The devs nor the players would give one single !@%# about you leaving. The game has a entire base of players that is growing constantly.

All feedback is met with hostility if its constructed in this way: "DE y u do dis ur game is crappy for doing X and not giving Y", and so forth. 

And I would pretty much agree or disagree constructively if a person did this: "DE, I really think you should improve X a little bit and input Y." 

I don't think you would do something if someone gave you crap and wants to enforce their policies on you. 

Edited by ikillyou8196