Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fair Tweaks - Updated For Update 12!

Archwizard

Well the thing is, I'm pretty sure shields are a more potent defense than armor, barring Bleed procs.

I do like the fact that his speed boost actually requires more conscious effort- quick, infrequent bursts like lightning, rather than a steady stream. I think the skill would be a bit of a nightmare to use if his base speed was much higher.

Armor can play a very big role in whether you survive or not in a battle. I was doing a mission and the enemies just shredded my health like it was paper - 15 is pretty low for a Warframe - depending on shields only to do the job is just asking for trouble.

About high speed, that really is needed because it'd be following the old adage "speed is your armor."

When the shields go down, and they can go down pretty fast, you need to get out of there as quickly as possible once your shields are down and you will not have the energy to do a fast run out of there at all times, which is a very real threat in survival missions. Also, high speed is your best defense against those mitre saw weapons some enemies have - the bleeding effect seemed to be worse and do more damage with having such low armor.

Edited by -SLX-J3tAc3

Armor can play a very big role in whether you survive or not in a battle. I was doing a mission and the enemies just shredded my health like it was paper - 15 is pretty low for a Warframe - depending on shields only to do the job is just asking for trouble.

About high speed, that really is needed because it'd be following the old adage "speed is your armor."

When the shields go down, and they can go down pretty fast, you need to get out of there as quickly as possible once your shields are down and you will not have the energy to do a fast run out of there at all times, which is a very real threat in survival missions. Also, high speed is your best defense against those mitre saw weapons some enemies have - the bleeding effect seemed to be worse and do more damage with having such low armor.

That's more of a problem with Bleed procs than it is for frames without armor; were they actually nerfed like DE said they'd be (not penetrating shields) then Volt would be in a pretty good spot, since he and Mag have the highest base shields. 

I based my assumption that shields are considered more potent off of feedback on Valkyr and Nova.

I also kinda forgot where we were going on the speed thing, since everything you said about it could still apply to his active Speed skill as it stands.

That's more of a problem with Bleed procs than it is for frames without armor; were they actually nerfed like DE said they'd be (not penetrating shields) then Volt would be in a pretty good spot, since he and Mag have the highest base shields. 

I based my assumption that shields are considered more potent off of feedback on Valkyr and Nova.

I also kinda forgot where we were going on the speed thing, since everything you said about it could still apply to his active Speed skill as it stands.

It's true what I said could apply to his speed skill, but that's assuming he will always have energy to use it at all times for whoever needs him  - not exactly the best assumption to make.

I'd like to see his base speed be equal to that of Ash, that's it. I definitely don't think he needs a base speed of 1.5 - then, we're in Flash's territory. :P

Edited by -SLX-J3tAc3

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, so I have a nice little idea to add to the OP regarding Ember:

1) Combine FireBlast into World on Fire, dealing continuous damage and Fire Blast's proc properties to enemies.

2) Replace Fire Blast with Fire Bird which propels Ember forward while giving her some damage reduction and movement speed increase for a short period of time after the boost. It's basically a Fiery Slash-Dash (that allows you to actually phase through enemies) that adds damage reduction (not as much as Overheat, but about half of that) and adds a teeny bit of movement speed to Ember. Combined with Accelerant and World on Fire, this ability would really up Ember's mobility while keeping her damage potential high. Fast mobility with hit-and-run tactics.