Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is There A Reason To Own Gorgon?

(PSN)Lord_Gremlin

Question

Is there? I got several blueprints, it's like game wants me to have it. Granted I have Soma, I'm rank 8, tons of stuff await leveling, including clan weapons (one of these days, Torid, you'll get above lvl 3, one of these days). I've heard it's just an inferior Soma. Is that so or is there something it does that Soma don't?

12 answers to this question

Gorgon has a different damage type compared to Soma. Gorgon is mostly impact damage, whereas Soma is mostly split between puncture and slash. which means Gorgon has better multipliers towards shields, and corpus in general. i havent done the math on it, but Soma's raw damage might just overpower the multipliers.

nevertheless, gorgon isnt a bad weapon, if you have several BPs, why not just build one and try it.

Not anymore, no.

I got it when it was the best weapon in the game, and even then I felt bad because having a chaingun was very un-ninja-like. It was a very brute-force spammy weapon in a profession of surgical precision. But now we have rocket launchers / grenade launchers / lightning guns / whatever people will buy so screw anything half-canon.

Regardless, it's still okay, but Soma/Supra outclass it in every way. It's just one more good weapon lost to power creep.

Gorgon is fun to use, but it's subjective in my case- i like the weapon's feel and aesthetics more than Soma's. It's worse in terms of damage it can dish out, but it doesn't mean it's bad. I'd rather think of Soma being freakishly good. Plus, it requires lower mastery rank, which in my case was the reason to get it in first place.