The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Open Letter To De From Your Veterans (The megathread)

--collstro--

RESEARCH WEAPONS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE RESEARCH WEAPONS!  Not, "platinum buyout optional" nonsense.  This is messed up.

Heavily agree with this. 

GUYS GUYS! FUSION CORES AND CREDIT CACHES AND RESOURCES ARE COMPLETELY FINE T3 VOID REWARDS! 

I'm seriously hoping they fix this.

RESEARCH WEAPONS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE RESEARCH WEAPONS!  Not, "platinum buyout optional" nonsense.  This is messed up.

DE just want to grab as much money as they can from players who don't have the patience to research the new weapons.

The only thing I want to buy with Platinum are my Warframes Slots and that Zephyr Gal. She looks awesome and I'm not in the mood for research (even I already helped my clan with all 3 warframe researches). But yeah I really don't liked either they putting research weapons on market for platinum... Bad Move DE Bad Move....

And I just read the first post, I liked the ideas agreed and you can put my name on the list haha. Veteran myself, started on Closed Beta when progression level were Skill-Tree based on warframe ahhahaha xD

This thread needs to be pinned or at least addressed by DE. And not just a "We hear what you're saying, thanks for the feedback."

A post directly addressed to DE with over 500 upvotes, over 1,000 replies, and almost 40,000 views shouldn't be ignored.

Everything OP says is valid and needs to be heard, keep this thread alive so it can't be ignored

GUYS GUYS! FUSION CORES AND CREDIT CACHES AND RESOURCES ARE COMPLETELY FINE T3 VOID REWARDS! 

they fixed it. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/174127-hotfix-1202/

This is the first time since u8 i have seen clan research weapons being in market...i don't really get this. i could understand if it's from market items only but seriously CLAN research weapons? Total joke.

Edited by IIRodimusprimeII

This is the first time since u8 i have seen clan research weapons being in market...i don't really get this. i could understand if it's from market items only but seriously CLAN research weapons? Total joke.

Well, they've already started selling Prime gear (At least one, so far, with talk of future ones following suit). Research weapons are the obvious next target.

Well, they've already started selling Prime gear (At least one, so far, with talk of future ones following suit). Research weapons are the obvious next target.

you know what would be fun? that the new primes were delayed because the new exclusive syandana for prime access was not ready yet.

would be hilarious.

My opinion about Plat purchasable research weapons is kinda middle ground.

Either make them all market purchasable or make none of them market purchasable. No halfway. No special exceptions. Either make the change to how the game does things or don't. Hanging in the middle is annoying.

Either make them all market purchasable or make none of them market purchasable. No halfway. No special exceptions. Either make the change to how the game does things or don't. Hanging in the middle is annoying.

pretty much ^ this, they really should have changed it one-way around if they really were going to make it purchase-able.

Completely agree. In my opinion inconsistency only brings more mess than anything good. Basically with these kind of decision warframe lose some unique aspects...(void, clan and what next?)

Agreed. I don't know if Mastery requirements applies to Market purchases, but I think it would be a fair way for DE to make money if that is the case.

yeah, but waiting a week to try new content unless you wanna pay for it.....

I am not overly fussed with some of the Research weapons being available for Platinum. Pretty much everyone is in a clan and can get the recipes. 

I would not be happy about all research being available though. I don't think its bad its just that it ruins the fun. 

DE does need to make money... just don't know if this was the right way. How about some more cosmetics? Syandanas? I like those!

Edited by MDRLOz

yeah, but waiting a week to try new content unless you wanna pay for it.....

Yeah. I really don't mind the Clan Tech weaponry being plat purchasable. It doesn't make a difference to me if they are or aren't.

But I don't want some inbetween where only certain ones are. Either they go all in and make the change or they just don't at all. I don't like the idea of only weird exceptions working that way.

Agreed. I don't know if Mastery requirements applies to Market purchases, but I think it would be a fair way for DE to make money if that is the case.

hmm...about mastery requirements...i truly don't know but i think if they are in market, my only guess is, they don't have requirements to build it probably,

it maybe purchaseable but not sure whether it does have requirements to build it or not, since only the ones who bought it early will know whether it required certain mastery rank or not.

Haven't logged into the game in a while, but can someone tell me if this information -> https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/172911-prime-gear-drop-locations/

is in the codex?

You know, that special where DE said they would put all the information after they gave the two finger salute to datamined drop tables.

Also, does the new gametype, weapons, and warframe actually bring anything new into the game? does it make the game worth playing, or should I stick to guildwars?

Haven't logged into the game in a while, but can someone tell me if this information -> https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/172911-prime-gear-drop-locations/

is in the codex?

You know, that special where DE said they would put all the information after they gave the two finger salute to datamined drop tables.

Also, does the new gametype, weapons, and warframe actually bring anything new into the game? does it make the game worth playing, or should I stick to guildwars?

That thread you linked is part the first on them getting the Codex set up for that info. They said they'd have it on the forums and accurate and then in the games and functional soon after.

Overall its been chugging along at a decent enough pace. Some roughness because they also changed how drops work in Void. They don't have it quite right yet. 

is in the codex?

guildwars.

nothing "new" yet

hate to say it but it is looking like i will be going back to modded new vegas and trying to get requiem of the capital wastelands to work. 

yep.

i started metal gear rising revengeance (awesome game with cibernetic ninjas, BTW), waiting for the new content to be unlocked in the clan tech (a week yet to wait for zephyr)

i would do a post called "what are you playing while you wait for something new in warframe"

but i know i will be banned to the moon for that.

hate to say it but it is looking like i will be going back to modded new vegas and trying to get requiem of the capital wastelands to work. 

Yup, I'm finding Xcom: Enemy within more fun, and that thing is chock full of bugs that crash the game every other mission. Go figure, but it's incredibly fun still to see a MEC walk over and punch an alien back to their home ship.