Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If Defense Rewards System Were To Be Scaled Nearly Same Or Similar To Survival Rewards System..

IIJetfireII

Hello all,

First thing's first, this has nothing to do with any sort of any competition against the survival rewards or any thing like that. 

Second thing, I enjoy doing defense missions since i have joined ( u8 ) or since damage 1.0, i had alot of fun doing defense missions everyday, and always tried going higher levels to take on and tried to compete which was something i always wanted and there has been no problems till now, except for one thing that's common or obviously known. 

yes that's defense rewards system giving only one reward per 5 waves, which is also obviously not cool and considered inferior to survival rewards system. 

So all i am here is to give a thought about letting us to have those per 5 end wave rewards to be collected in similar to survival rewards collecting in every 5 min we get, This way, people can think of doing further waves and get to meet more higher levels and to enjoy doing defense always, considering for the defense farmers like me. This is not mainly for the reason for people leaving ( although that makes one reason behind it actually ), during per 5 waves whether it's random or a pug, but It's to make people enjoy defense more ( not making better but rather balanced compared to survival reward system ).

So yes, this is only to balance the reward system for defense and make it more enjoyable, so that people don't have to leave forcefully just for rewards, since survival at least depends on our decision to move to extract or to stay longer and similarly it's should be considered in defense as well.

I am not saying this should be implemented right away not unless other defense farmers feel same, because this is also goes to other's what do they think about it, it's not my decision but rather a thought and want to hear from others what do they think about it. 

Also i dont mind survival farmers reading this but please don't make decisions right away that it shouldn't for any so and so reason.. please reply only if you have done defense missions equally to survival or if you have done defense more than survival because of any reasons, as well as your thoughts. 

This is all i got to say, i love defense missions and looking forward to community's replies, and what do they think whether it's good enough to be implemented or remain same or any other alternate changes should be considered, i don't mind hearing about it but please keep things clear, constructive and positive. thank you.

Edited by IIRodimusprimeII

It would be somewhat fair, that you accumulate the 5 wave rewards.

in my expirience, the amount of mods, ressources and exp per minute is much higher in survival. the introduction of reward accumulation in defense additional to the guaranteed save of already picked up mods and ressources every 5 waves would make it a fun and rewarding option to farm tower keys (its kind a trade off: security and the possibility of more keys for less exp, ressources and mods. both modes would have their use for farming).

this change is nessecary because the current system is a trade off in itself: effective key farming (play only the first 15-20 waves, then start anew when no key) or having a challenging game with high level enemies. in survival you can have both to a certain degree.

Im pretty sure DE already had something in mind, in the works, and probably soon to be released regarding defense rewards. So that means any threads about defense rewards are irrelevant until they finally release their patch. I know this because I watched their most recent live stream (it was very briefly mentioned).

But in regards to your actual post I would say that yes, most people would agree that something needs to be done so that defense offers rewards on a similar scale to survival. Survival SHOULD offer better XP gain and resources while defense SHOULD be played more for mods, blueprints, etc. That's just my opinion though.

According to the Jan 10th stream, DE recognizes the disparity of rewards when playing defense versus playing survival, and that survival currently is superior for getting rewards.

They didn't say explicitly how they were going to fix it, but that they were definitely working on it.

It would simply mean that overall we would get more rewards doing long defense runs but ultimately it would take us longer to get "that" specific item we are actually looking for.

i understand what you mean very well.

But this is RNG we are talking about, so that's an obvious part that we may or may not get  the specific item we are looking for, but if you see what i mean by letting us have per 5 end wave rewards in similar scale to survival getting rewards  per 5 min as long we stay longer, it would only mean it's balanced so that we get something out of nothing in similarity to survival rewards system. This is only the right option i feel since defense will not be considered inferior at any way around to survival but then again, it's not about competing to be better than survival but rather a different reason for farming as well as different measurement of enjoyment of going longer waves than waiting for 5 min. 

So while RNG is there, There is no ensured specific reward ,which is why getting something better than nothing whether we fail or complete, we still get to accumulate the previous rewards, as usual according to defense rewards system in similarity to survival, this would give a good reason for people to do defense missions equally to survival, so that's there's no force for anyone to farm survival for certain rewards that are even there in defense like void keys and such.

So getting more rewards is better than taking one reward for longer waves right? I mean after all, we need to be deserved something out of nothing or else defense will only bore more, because we only get mods and resources of previous rewards even if we fail, while adding rewards to it, defense will never remain boredom for any reason compared to survival rewards system. This way survival and defense mission would have their own reason to go for any particular farming reasons as well their rewards system would be balanced and not considered any inferiority or superiority in anyway around. I only look at balancing and not too specific when there's luck, but this is the least option i could think of.

Edited by IIRodimusprimeII

I agree with this and even the dev's have talked they understand that bad gap between those 2 mission types.

What I don't get is, why ppl never consider void missions on an overall when they talk about this gap????

In void surv in a short couple of runs it is possible to gain a full set of any prime thing. But in all other mission for more hard or easy they are you only win 1 prize per key.

I know those mission are easier and faster to make then surv, but compare how fast it was to get mag prime, and how hard it has become to get ember prime.

I agree with this and even the dev's have talked they understand that bad gap between those 2 mission types.

What I don't get is, why ppl never consider void missions on an overall when they talk about this gap????

In void surv in a short couple of runs it is possible to gain a full set of any prime thing. But in all other mission for more hard or easy they are you only win 1 prize per key.

I know those mission are easier and faster to make then surv, but compare how fast it was to get mag prime, and how hard it has become to get ember prime.

Agreed. After they adress the defense rewards system, i hope that they change the void defense missions to be the same as the normal ones at least. Not 5, 10 and 15 waves depending on the tier of the key, but start at 0 and keep scaling untill we want to end and exit.

Survival is simply more fun. More enemies, higher intensity, less downtime, no object to defend against BS enemy attacks, better XP, better rewards, better maps.

There is absolutely no reason to play ED anymore other than the specific rewards it offers and bragging rights.

So yeah. Even IF rewards are balanced, I still woudln't play it. As that 30 seconds of downwtime between waves....all I can think about is how many guys I could be killing in that time frame in survival.

Well, it wouldn't be enough to make me switch back - and Nenjin noted, survival is more active.  But I don't see how it could hurt to get the rewards more in line.

Really though, Defense has less reward/effort then survival, but it's still loads better then all the other mission types. 

Survival is simply more fun. More enemies, higher intensity, less downtime, no object to defend against BS enemy attacks, better XP, better rewards, better maps.

There is absolutely no reason to play ED anymore other than the specific rewards it offers and bragging rights.

So yeah. Even IF rewards are balanced, I still woudln't play it. As that 30 seconds of downwtime between waves....all I can think about is how many guys I could be killing in that time frame in survival.

true, but this is different experience between survival and ED, as i said in my post, this isn't about which mission types are better or any sorts, which means its just to balance the reward system in ED, and nothing more than that, i understand where your coming from, but this takes more consideration for ED Farmers just like me, many of us since dmg 1.0.

Survival is fun, although that's a different aspect from an overview of people's playstyle and their types of mission which they look for more farming and fun and i am not here to separate and request for only one type of mission to be implement instead of survival, that's a BIG no.

Keeping survival and ED separate is a good option, since its a different fun from what people look to it, like meeting only increased cap'd level enemies instead of meeting both low and high levels in survival, which makes things more easier to farm but in high levels it would mean more exp farming and less time taken according to the equipment used, which makes ED very useful than survival in time consuming terms.

I did survival since the survival event and after that, and i did enjoy it, but then again, survival is time consumer unlike ED which is disadvantage to people who can't stay for longer time and have to leave fast in-case they have got something else to do, considerably, which makes ED suitable mission type for at least farming decent mods and exps and able to receive the resources and mods of previous waves, in which survival wouldn't allow that unless you reach extraction with other teammates.

So this is one of the advantage and disadvantage of doing survival and ED separately, and makes farming not hard either way around but balanced in similar terms, except which currently the reward system in ED has quite made it not balanced without collecting the rewards of previous waves, going down to vain, by missing the stuff we needed the most, or making people leave during that time because of the rewards showing up earlier since its uncollectable with mods and resources in longer waves,which is one of the bad taunts i have seen in ED, and resolving it, will make people re-think on ED, that it is still useful for farming something than nothing.

To be honest, i wouldn't mind people hating ED (mainly survival farmers )  for any sort of reason but this is the different view from different people obviously, and considering that both should be separate mission for that reason and also advantageous on their own aspects rather than taking consideration of one mission to be implemented instead of both separate mission types, and obviously i will never agree to it,( i am sure many endless defense farmers feel same ), as well as disappointment if they ever removed ED and kept survival only.

So keeping both on similar conditions in reward system and different for farming reasons according to different time consumptions, which would be right balance for people to do either of the mission type, according to their wishes/choice if they have time for farming accordingly for any specific sorts that they need to do for.