The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff Sniper Rifles

Rogue1897

Back before damage 2.0 sniping used to be a viable play style.  The Vectis, Vulkar, and Snipetron used to one shot enemies in high levels like a sniper rifle should be able to.  Now, you have to get a headshot just to one shot enemies on Earth.  In any other game, snipers can hit a well aimed shot and deal massive damage to the toughest enemies.  In this game, a Karak or Soma can do more damage in a couple shots than a sniper rifle can.  These guns need a MAJOR rework.  Also, in a semi-unrelated matter, I think it would be a very cool idea to have alternate scopes for sniper rifles. Especially and infrared scope, that shows the head in a brighter color.

fail

vectis 1hits enemys after wave 100 on EVERY map, no other gun can do this

I'm absolutely Bleeping tired of every idiot sniper getting to oneshot things wiithout aiming at the head.

in every F***ing game.

Snipers should NEVER do that much damage.

A US marine sniper typically uses something similar to M24 sniper weapon system. Army too, as seen here800px-061019-A-7603F-151.jpg

These use a 7.62x51mm round. Here is a youtube video: 

When this bullet hits a target, it makes a fist sized hole in said target.

And you say that snipers arent powerful enough to kill with one shot? Ask any veteran or active duty soldier you can find, they will tell you otherwise

If you are refering to me then yes i am. Also there is a quote button, using it would be wonderful

yeah everyone wants to see a screen's worth of pic and text repeated again two posts later to go along with my reply. good Posting Theory

Edited by fro-dog

yeah everyone wants to see a screen's worth of pic and text repeated again two posts later to go along with my reply. good Posting Theory

A US marine sniper typically uses something similar to M24 sniper weapon system. Army too, as seen here800px-061019-A-7603F-151.jpg

And you say that snipers arent powerful enough to kill with one shot? Ask any veteran or active duty soldier you can find, they will tell you otherwise

in case you didnt get that: [spoiler!] and then [/spoiler!] without !s

Edited by Liverslices

lmao

Now tell me, how does that dierectly compare to other weapons?

Oh wait, the AK-47 uses 7.62×39mm

Oh and an AR-15's 5.56x45mm is also equally nasty considering the exit wound tends to be the size of an open hand or larger.

Yes both true, but at what range? A assault rifle will not be perfectly accurate at, say 100m. And at 200m you can forget accuracy unless you are very good and using single fire.

Meanwhile the longest confirmed kill with the M24 using 7.52x51mm is 1350m.

See the difference?

the M-4 Carbine, which has a shortened barrel, is effective against "Point Targets" (Read: Accurate) at ranges of 500m, some variants of the M-16 can go up to 600 meters or more,  the AK-47 and the rest of the AK series has an range of 300m. other common rifles like the SA80 and FAMAS are similar in range. Note that these are figures for burst fire, not single fire.

As for the Soma and Gorgon's pinpoint accuracy, I'll point you over to the fact that yes, machine guns are that accurate. just ask Carlos Hathcock, who turned a browning into a sniper rifle.

The actual range for the M24 you mentioned, instead of a recordholder, is actually 800m.

Gee, Such a massive difference right?

the M-4 Carbine, which has a shortened barrel, is effective against "Point Targets" (Read: Accurate) at ranges of 500m, some variants of the M-16 can go up to 600 meters or more,  the AK-47 and the rest of the AK series has an range of 300m. other common rifles like the SA80 and FAMAS are similar in range. Note that these are figures for burst fire, not single fire.

As for the Soma and Gorgon's pinpoint accuracy, I'll point you over to the fact that yes, machine guns are that accurate. just ask Carlos Hathcock, who turned a browning into a sniper rifle.

The actual range for the M24 you mentioned, instead of a recordholder, is actually 800m.

Gee, Such a massive difference right?

Yes and no. Automatic weapons (on full auto) are not accurate at that range. Burst weapons (or weapons on burst mode) can be much more accurate with a scope. When i used those numbers i was referring to an automatic rifle with no magnification compared to a rifle with a scope and bipod. Of course burst fire will be more accurate, thats why i use the Burston Prime.

But we are talking about 1 bullet over a far distance guaranteeing a kill. You cannot expect a perfect 1:1 ratio (bullet/kill) out of a M16,AK,SA80, or FAMAS at significant ranges (like 800). You can expect that out of a sniper rifle, as long as the shooter is good.

Furthermore you cannot expect a skilled marksman to pick off an enemy at 1300m with any of these guns. Yes this may have been a lucky shot, but that doesnt make it any less real.

This is why snipers in warframe should be capable of killing with one bullet.

comparing real life rifles to future space wizard ninjas fighting cloned magic faerie armoured evil space marines:

lmao

Do you think that the Devs made up the idea of guns? So naive...  

Yes and no. Automatic weapons (on full auto) are not accurate at that range. Burst weapons (or weapons on burst mode) can be much more accurate with a scope. When i used those numbers i was referring to an automatic rifle with no magnification compared to a rifle with a scope and bipod. Of course burst fire will be more accurate, thats why i use the Burston Prime.

But we are talking about 1 bullet over a far distance guaranteeing a kill. You cannot expect a perfect 1:1 ratio (bullet/kill) out of a M16,AK,SA80, or FAMAS at significant ranges (like 800). You can expect that out of a sniper rifle, as long as the shooter is good.

Furthermore you cannot expect a skilled marksman to pick off an enemy at 1300m with any of these guns. Yes this may have been a lucky shot, but that doesnt make it any less real.

This is why snipers in warframe should be capable of killing with one bullet.

Do you think that the Devs made up the idea of guns? So naive...  

Now then, why would that be? Considering the stopping power is more or less the same.

A sniper rifle is only so accurate because the guy holding it is using a bipod, and a scope.

Expecting a non-sighted weapon fired from the shoulder to match a rested weapon with a scope is pure bull, and tell me, how come you forget that 800m is never the real range of a fight, there's rarely a fight that's longer than 500-300m in real life, unless we're going back to WWI now.

Stop making half-assed comments full of bull, the in game sniper rifles are being fired from shoulder, which is already absurd, their stopping power is also inane, not to mention how every other weapon has no scope.

Expecting a non-sighted weapon fired from the shoulder to match a rested weapon with a scope is pure bull, and tell me, how come you forget that 800m is never the real range of a fight, there's rarely a fight that's longer than 500-300m in real life, unless we're going back to WWI now.

I dont, which is my point. Sniper rifles are meant to be used that way (drawn out firing procedure), and rifles are meant to be used in both ranged and close situations. That makes sniper rifles worthy of massive damage, because a good one takes time to aim and fire.

Source: Hunting trips with one of these bad boys http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karabiner_98k

Stop making half-assed comments full of bull, the in game sniper rifles are being fired from shoulder, which is already absurd, their stopping power is also inane, not to mention how every other weapon has no scope.

I am not half assing these posts, if i were they would be less detailed and probably include insults. They are niether lacking in detail or containing insults.

PERSONAL OPINION:

When a person results to insults (*cough* half assed *cough*) then that person is either running out of proper material or senses the point he is trying to make is not as good as he thought.

I dont, which is my point. Sniper rifles are meant to be used that way (drawn out firing procedure), and rifles are meant to be used in both ranged and close situations. That makes sniper rifles worthy of massive damage, because a good one takes time to aim and fire.

Source: Hunting trips with one of these bad boys http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karabiner_98k

I am not half assing these posts, if i were they would be less detailed and probably include insults. They are niether lacking in detail or containing insults.

PERSONAL OPINION:

When a person results to insults (*cough* half assed *cough*) then that person is either running out of proper material or senses the point he is trying to make is not as good as he thought.

1: Massive damage? Not at all, they infact, were barely above caliber compared to assault rifles, and the AR-15 has it's infamous tendency to shred everything once it gets in you, with tumbling rounds and all.

2: The 100m accuracy bit is a the point i called half-assed,that and comparing a record to standard.

3: No, I honestly feel it was half assed.

1: Massive damage? Not at all, they infact, were barely above caliber compared to assault rifles, and the AR-15 has it's infamous tendency to shred everything once it gets in you, with tumbling rounds and all.

2: The 100m accuracy bit is a the point i called half-assed,that and comparing a record to standard.

3: No, I honestly feel it was half assed.

I am not referring to real life guns when i say massive damage, i am referring to 14k crits on the vectis. If we were talking about real life guns then i would bring up the Barrett 50cal or the M1 Abrams.

When you can hold down the recoil of a fully automatic rifle as you empty the clip and land every shot in a 6inch circle at 100m, then come back and continue saying it can be done. Until then we can safely assume that burst fire/single fire is much more accurate than full auto. I have been trying to communicate this point for about 4 hours now.

I am not referring to real life guns when i say massive damage, i am referring to 14k crits on the vectis. If we were talking about real life guns then i would bring up the Barrett 50cal or the M1 Abrams.

When you can hold down the recoil of a fully automatic rifle as you empty the clip and land every shot in a 6inch circle at 100m, then come back and continue saying it can be done. Until then we can safely assume that burst fire/single fire is much more accurate than full auto. I have been trying to communicate this point for about 4 hours now.

The Barret, once again, must be fired from a prone or otherwise steadied position.

Once again, you ignore that said weapon has very low to no recoil thanks to it's S#&$ty stopping power. Rifles should not be ding 10% hp per shot if some &#! can just pick up a sniper, point it at the foot, and oneshot.

Your entire arguement relies on fallacies, ignorance, and seem to rely on the most extreme numbers whenever it suits you.