Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pariah: The Gunslinger Warframe Fan Concept [Last Update: Finished And Finalized!]

OscarIsPotato

For those who are curious, go here to see Pariah get mentioned and discussed on Prime Time. http://www.twitch.tv/warframe/b/495773946

Skip to 41:51 for Pariah...

but while you are there, why not skip back to 40:19 for (what appears to be for all intents and purposes) a glimpse of the ACTUAL next new Frame. Sheesh, you gotta love Spoiler King Sheldon, eh? Just look at his priceless expression at 40:26-27, and then watch as he shamelessly scours the comments from Chat after his spoilage immediately after that. I was psyched when Sheldon was revealed as this week's "special guest" because I was hoping for just this kind of spoiler.

Anyway, what is interesting for our purposes is that look of this new frame is close to the (also extremely cool) Zephyr wind-based Warframe fan concept (though it may turn out to be a hybrid between Zephyr and the popular Hawk-frame concept by the Design council which ultimately lost out to Nova).  If I am right that this frame is a nod to Zephyr, this would be promising for Pariah because it would be another very clear case of DE expanding on an existing very cool fan Warframe concept (which may have been the case with Valkyr too).

So let's keep our fingers crossed!!! 

Edited by Toe_ma

I'm generally not a fan of Western stuff, but dear god! I need this in my life! As soon as I saw the pic, I couldn't get the theme from the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly out of my head. Oh, and if this makes it into the game and it doesn't have spurs jangling as a movement sound, I'm going to be furious. Oh, and dual Bowie knives, anyone?

UPDATE!! HELEMT VARIANTS!

The first one as you can see is an updated version of the original. The second one, inspired by cowboy hats with curved sides and a bandanna bandit's bandanna. The idea of the third one came from looking at Johnny Depp's facial hair for too long. You can tell the mustache/goatee thing going on and the hat's more of a flat-brimmed style hat. Now with these new variants, i wonder what the main one should be and their attributes that changes the warframe's performance. 

Default              Bandit = 20% power duration, -10% armor              Justiciar = 20% power strength -10% shields max

tumblr_mzkllt4spN1rrw6cwo1_1280.png

Tell me what you think. Which helmet should be default?

if you have ideas for the helmets' perks, go ahead and give me your suggestions!

tumblr_mzbja5JsW71rrw6cwo1_r1_500.png

Ah, the good old V1.0

tumblr_mzf0l3exFy1rrw6cwo2_r1_1280.png

Well, here's what I got for v2.0 so far. I realized how primitive the previous design was. And it didn't feel like it had a sense of unity, so I revamped it. Still choosing which variant should be the final one. The one with everything, just the poncho, the one without the poncho, and the one with less flashy gloves. You guys could choose which one you like the most out of the four.

And here's the powers ideas from the combination of minds that have been brainstorming on this topic.

-power 1 Reflector Sphere: Tosses a ball full of reflective matter that warps and any incoming bullets, multiplying the bullet based on the enemies in the vicinity, and shoots it all back at an instant. It will be destroyed once it takes in a specific amount of damage. (power strength can change how much damage it can take. See picture for clarification)

-Power 2 Petty Thievery: With a snap of his fingers, dead corpses around the area disintegrate and drop ammo for the weapon you are wielding. No point for the dead to keep their jewelry.

-Power 3 Wild Spirit: Gives his dual wielded secondaries an unlimited clip, damage boost, and a heightened rate of fire for a short amount of time, simultaneously aiming at two different enemies at once. If he doesn't have dual secondaries, he will use his hard light revolver that will have identical stats as your secondary. Each successful shot for your aiming hand will mean a successful shot for the other, but if he misses the shot, the other hand misses as well. You still use up ammo, so watch your pockets cowboy.

-Power 4 One-Shot: Uses his hard light revolver to produce a wide, linear, but powerful beam that will penetrate through walls and enemies who happens to be in the line of sight. Like hitting 2 birds with one stone, maybe a couple of birds if you're good.

The One-Shot alone would be brilliant in hallways, but when you use One-Shot at the Reflective Sphere, it suddenly becomes useful when you or your team are surrounded.

So enjoy the art!

When there's enough votes on which design you like best, I will clean up, finalize and make a color piece of it for your eyes to enjoy.

tumblr_mzf0l3exFy1rrw6cwo1_1280.png

Seriously, there's really no better way to spend my time during the annual warframe crashing season.

tumblr_mzdizyRyD51rrw6cwo1_500.png

. Rootin' tootin' Corpus shootin' gunslinger at your service pretty lotus lady.

BE AWSOME IF THAT WARFRAME HAD DUEL VASTOS AND WAS NAMED," El Diablo."

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude! This design is SOOOOOOOOO awesome! :O

Ok, first of all, i need to tell you that I'm not the biggest fan of western stuff (don't hate it either though). However, I LOVE the bandanna bandit / outlaw kinda style. Especially so because of this little nostalgia/memory I have from a cartoon that I still to this day don't know what it was called. But the main character there was pretty much a blackrobed robot-cowboy/outlaw, very similar looking to your design. So seeing this design of yours made me have a WONDERFUL memory brought back to me! THANK YOUUUU! :'D

So yeah, the design, TOP NOTCH! (Note to DE: You seemed to get inspired by the Zephyr's design for your new Hawkframe. When you (yes, WHEN, not IF) add Pariah to Warframe, please please PLEAAAASE keep the OP's design, will ya? :)

As you maybe can tell, my vote goes to the #1 for SURE (The one with everything)! Poncho and cape-ish thing is exactly what I had in my memory and all, so yeah, obvious vote for me ^_^

Now that said, I have ideas / criticism about your powerideas:

Reflector Sphere

Love the concept! Gives you a kind of "shoot around the corner" power. I love that, very fitting with the western theme (somehow :P). However, I do have some advice / thoughts about it::

1) The bullet / projectile that is shot into it, let it pass through like normal (i mean, it shouldn't be absorbed and disappear). Then, make the sphere shoot out energybeams that deals, say, 15/20/25/30% of the bullet's damage, towards each target it zaps. Thus, also remove its damage-cap and let just the duration be its main restriction (That way it can scale way better!). Mods could then act like this:
* Focus increases the damage of the beams

* Stretch increases the beams' targetting range (Also how far away you can place the orb)

* Continuity increases the orb's duration, obviously

2) On top of making bullets/projectiles be reflected, how about meleeing the orb also working on it? Just think of the orb as some form of "kinetic energy reflector". That way he has more flexibility with this ability, increasing the potential fun and creative slaughter you can perform with him! >:)

3) Question: Allies can use it too, right?

4) Question: I guess weapons like Ogris would just count the rocket's initial damage for the beams (instead of the the whole damage with the explosion etc)? Otherwise it'd be quite OP I think

Petty Thievery

Not a bad idea, but isn't it too similar to Nekros' Desecrate? If it had emphasis on getting ammo and CREDITS, I guess it'd be different enough. But I still think it would be a bit too similar

Wild Spirit

While fitting with the Western theme and being a cool (and probably powerful, yet balanced) ability, I personally think it has some problems I really don't like:

1) It is far too niched into ONLY working with your pistols. Sure, he is a Gunslinger, but couldn't he be more of a Bandit / Outlaw concept instead?

2) It is far too out of control with the whole random aiming thing

One-shot

While it is another nuke, it is at least a DIFFERENT nuke. It is not another

radial nuke, it fits with his theme, plus it has great synergy with the Reflector Sphere! Synergy within the toolkit is ALWAYS a nice thing imo! So good job on that idea :)

Only thing I'd add would be that if an enemy is hit by this powerful beam, I think they should be ragdolled away with force too, so it has some utility (which is ALWAYS useful, even when its damage starts to become weaker).

So, that said, as I like Reflector Sphere and One-shot, but not Petty Thiever and Wild Spirit as much, I'd like to give some suggestions for ya, if you don't mind?

Power #2 - Death Lasso (or whatever name, instead of Petty Thievery)

The name I temporarily suggested probably gives you a hint that it kinda fits with his western theme ;) What this power would do, is that you throw some kind of energy rope/lasso/projectile or whatever at an enemy target, then it chains towards a set amount of other nearby enemies as well. All the target's hit by it will be stunned for a few seconds and possibly also dragged towards eachother (so they are all really close to one another). On top of that getting stunned and clumped together, they now also share a "deathlink" for a certain duration. When you damage any of the deathlinked targets, the other deathlinked targets also suffer some of that damage done! Say, 15/20/25/30% of damage done is also done to all the other targets. (Think Dota 2 Warlock's Fatal Bonds).

Another idea on top of all that could be that if an enemy strays too far away from the other deathlinked targets, all of them suffer a set amount of damage. However, this causes the stray target to also be freed from the deathlink.

This skill obviously has strong synergy with Reflector Sphere, and also gives him some crowd control. The "stray away breaks the link and deals damage" idea could have some synergy too with One-shot, if it (as I suggested) ragdoll-pushes enemies it hits!

How mods could work on this ability:

Focus - Increases the shared damage done

Stretch - Increases the chaining range, cast range (Stray away-range could be unaffected?) and possibly also the max number of target's that can be targetted

Continuity - Increases the stun duration and the shared damage debuff duration

Power #3 - Showdown (Instead of Wild Spirit)

When activated all time is slowed down by a certain amount (Say, by 25%). For allies and enemies alike, and even times like the one in Survival! However, enemies that are within a certain (quite huge) range of Pariah are slowed down far more than all others. Example, enemies that are within a 10/12/15/20 meter range of Pariah for the duration of Showdown are slowed down by 50/100/150/200%

Slowed down by more than 100% you say? Well, I'm not talking about a multiplicate kind of slow down, but a divisional one. What I mean is, the 25% slowdown is not simply that everyone moves at 0,75x the normal speed (100 - 25), but rather that they move 1 / 1,25 slower (which would be 0,8x the normal speed). That means that the different slowdowns would be:

50% = 1 / 1,5 = 0,66x of normal speed

100% = 1 / 2 = 0,5x of normal speed

150% = 1 / 2,5 = 0,4x of normal speed

200% = 1 / 3 = 0,33x of normal speed

This slowdown should also slow down all projectiles (including hitscan ones to become visible projectiles maybe?)

How mods could work on it:

Focus - Increases the stronger slowdown effect (not the general 25% slowdown one, that one always remain the same)

Stretch - Increases the stronger slowdown's radius

Continuity - Increases the ability duration

Don't you think this one really fits him? Slow motion (gun)fights feels like a Western-fitting thing imo :)

Meh, just random ideas. Take of it what you will ^_^

Can't wait to see this guy in Warframe! ;)

Edited by Azamagon

@Azamagon, I think your two replacement ideas are fantastic! I'm actually going to use those two replacement ideas, to your credit of course!

The final painting of Pariah is still in the works! Thank you all for being patient! College has just been taking all of my drawing time. But i'll get to it as soon as I can!

Edited by OscarIsPotato

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like powers one and two are a little too wild west. While I understand why they fit with the concept, I feel like they're out of place in the actual game world. Other than that, I love the concept. If I were to choose from the three variants I would say the one with just the poncho. However, I do like the chaps on the one with everything. Maybe if they were just a little smaller and hugged the legs more. As is, it just looks like he's wearing a robe or something if you don't look too closely.

Cool stuff bro. I definitely like that poncho for some reason. Good luck. I'd love to see this in game.

I feel like powers one and two are a little too wild west. 

Cool stuff bro. I definitely like that poncho for some reason. Good luck. I'd love to see this in game.

TexasFightBunny.

Something's wrong here.

I'm a Texan, I'm allowed to use my own stereotypes against my own kind.

TexasFightBunny.

Something's wrong here.

TexasFightBunny.

Something's wrong here.

...I have to admit this...I'm not actually from texas. I've never been to texas.

Edited by TexasFightBunny

I love this idea. Love death lasso too. that would have to be my favorite power. it seems so useful :3

One idea for a gunslinger type power that came to mind while reading this;

Draw! When used increases the weapon swap speed, fire rate, and projectile speed for everyone in range for x seconds.  (Maybe gun damage too?)

Love the frame <3 and if it does come out, ill be one of the first in line to play it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...