Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Feature Suggestion: Hyper Mode

Inberun

Back Story

In the process of making Zanuka, Alad V discovered a hidden secret inside the Warframe. There is a hidden system in all Warframes that allows them to channel all their energy into the core in order to unleash devastating powers across the battlefield. After his death, the Lotus salvaged what left of his research and decided to put it into "good" use. All Warframes affiliated with the Lotus can now use their hidden powers to devastate their enemies. By activating it, the system will release a golden aura around the Warframe akin to their Orokin origin and gives them back their ultimate destructive power created by the Orokin.

How It Works

- To activate the Hyper Mode, a Warframe must fill up its energy to the maximum amount. But Primed Warframe are capable of doing that with only half amount of maximum energy.

- Hyper Mode renders all Warframe other abilities unusable and constantly drain energy during the duration.

- Hyper Mode ends when energy hits 0 and Warframe can't restore energy via any method while in Hyper and 10s after it ends.

- There is a 30 seconds cooldown before Hyper Mode can be reactivated.

Powers

- Excalibur (Prime):

Dash of Avalon: Any charged melee attack performed during Hyper Mode turns into a Dash Charged Attack (similar to Slash Dash) with a 200% damage boost. Any enemy hit with it will be under the effect of Radial Blind for 5s. The charged time and speed are affected by mods and weapons used. Excalibur is invincible during the animation of the attack.

- Mag (Prime):

Magnetic Flow: By controlling the flow of magnetic surround her, Mag slowdowns all enemies projectiles while boosting the speed of her and teammate projectiles. Granting everyone 50% DR and 50% rate of fire of all weapons, any non-hitscan projectile from enemies are slowdown while increasing all players' projectiles speed.

- Loki:

Doppelgangers: Loki creates multiple doppelgangers of himself and move together with him. They are capable of dealing damage to enemies at 30% damage of Loki's weapons for each doppelganger. Each clones can take up to 1000 damage and each destroyed will drain Loki 50 Energy to replicate them.

- Rhino:

Ki Shield: Rhino channels all of his energy into the shield system and makes him invulnerable to all damage. Each 200 damage taken will drain his energy by 1 unit. Rhino can also ram and knockdown any enemy by sprinting toward them.

- Volt:

Thunder Flash: Imbuing himself with power of lightning, Volt can sprint through enemies with the speed of lightning. Any enemies sprinted though will be shocked and turn into a living tesla coil. Volt is invincible while sprinting.

- Nyx

Psychic Bow: Nyx creates a psychic bow that shoots multiple psychic arrows at once. The normal shot will release an arrow that can cut through multiple enemies with a high velocity. The charged shot will release multiple psychic arrows that can track and home toward enemies, any enemy hit by these arrows will be placed under the effect of Mind Control.

- Trinity

Mass Link: Trinity links all of her teammates and up to 5 enemies. 10% of all damage everyone in the team receive will be transferred toward Trinity and 90% toward linked enemies. Trinity is granted with 200% shield recharge with no delay and health regeneration at 1% per second.

- Banshee

Death's Echo: Banshee unleashes a sonar aura around her, highlight all enemies and their weakpoints for everyone. Attacking the weakpoints will score a bonus damage. All enemies in the vicinity will also be deafened by the effect and won't be able to detect gunshots sound.

- Ash

Shadow Seal: Ash Charged attack turns into a Shurikens barrage. Anything hit with the Shurikens will be immobilized. 

Ash then teleports and strikes all immobilized enemies simultaneously with his normal charged attack. The amount of damage is the same as the charged attack damage. Each enemies killed will increase Ash's Melee Damage by 10%

- Ember (Prime)

Inferno: Ember replaces her main weapon with twin incinerators from her palms. Does huge fire damage with AoE effect and leaves behind trails of fire that burns anything they touch. Killed enemies will leave behind burning piles as hazard.

- Frost (Prime)

Ice Age: Frost generates a sub-zero aura around him and freezes all enemies in the vicinity. Attacking will free them but they will be remain chilled and move slowly. Frozen and chilled enemies are more vulnerable to Impact Damage

- Saryn

Plague Burst: Saryn channels her melee weapons with plague. Transform all her weapon damage into a combination of Corrosive, Viral and Toxin. Any enemy with the plague killed with melee will explode violently and spread the plague to others. The plague gets stronger with each enemy it infected.

- Vauban

Impenetrable Dome: Vauban creates an impenetrable dome around him. All projectiles from outside will be blocked, and any hostile that try to enter the dome will be pushed out and knocked down. The dome is also comes with many tesla balls that will shock anything in vicinity. Vauban movement speed is reduced by 75%.

- Nova

Anti-Matter Infusion: Nova channels her weapons with anti-matter and unleashes destruction upon her enemies. Any enemies hit by her weapons will be primed with anti-matter and explode violently upon death.

- Nekros

Glory of The Deads: Upon activating Hyper Mode, Nekros will summon multiple replicate version of dead Orokin Warriors and make them fight for him. There are 3 of them and they behave differently: Wrath is armed with Braton Prime, Lato Prime and Skana Prime, he can perform Slash Dash. Valor is armed with Boar Prime, Bronco Prime and Orthos Prime, he can perform Radial Slam. Fury is armed with Burston Prime, Sicarus Prime and Glaive Prime, she can perform Absorb. Each replicate can take up to 5,000 damage and they will disappear when Nekros run out of energy.

- Valkyr

Bloodlust: Valkyr increases her melee damage by 100% of her current Health for normal attack and 300% for charged attack. Each melee kill will grant Valkyr 3s invulnerability and increase her total health by 10%.

- Oberon

Salvation: Any enemy killed by Oberon will leave behind a "Purified Totem" that will do Viral damage to any hostile that touches it. "Purified Totem" will also release Health and Energy Restore for any non-hostile near it. Each totem lasts till Oberon running out of energy.

Edited by Crimson_King256

Not a bad idea. Could use some tweaks here and there but I actually like it.

The cooldown of 30s doesn't seem like enough for what most of these powers do though.

Not nearly enough.

Pfft, in some cases, any longer and they'd be a "Once per map" ability =P

I like all of these, some small tweaks could be worked into some of them I think, and the cooldown does need to be much longer, I would say 5 minutes after the ability ends. This would prevent spamming during quick runs, and could also be life savers during extended defense and survival missions as it isn't actually that hard to reach full energy. I find it harder to run out of energy to be honest lol.

All in all, a decent idea.

61100-thor-this-post-I-like-it-anoth-wq6

I love it ! Also the name reminds me of Metroid Prime 3, very much awesomeness here. 

We need something like this. Something "powerful". 

I would suggest it to be possible only for level 30 warframes, with no need of a special mod for that. 

I'm still a little sad about Banshee. She is already a little weak and this hypermode lacks punch. I like the sonar feature but not the silent one. 

In my mind she should be able to unleash improved sonic booms when using melee charge attacks. 

I love it ! Also the name reminds me of Metroid Prime 3, very much awesomeness here. 

We need something like this. Something "powerful". 

I would suggest it to be possible only for level 30 warframes, with no need of a special mod for that. 

I'm still a little sad about Banshee. She is already a little weak and this hypermode lacks punch. I like the sonar feature but not the silent one. 

In my mind she should be able to unleash improved sonic booms when using melee charge attacks. 

Banshee Hyper Mode is like wall-hack for the whole team. And the Sonar effect will highlight the enemy weak-spots (head) instead of random spot like Sonar.

10/10 , some ideas :

a) To "fight" the spaming of this power, when you run out of energy you are downed ( Think of Goku`s kaio-ken, power comes at a price)

b) Instead of new overpowered habilities, this release mode could enhance the most important stats of each frame ( Make Rhino Super Tanky, Amplify damage,range,duration for caster frames; give ludicrous speed to volt; enhance meele damage speed, 100% autoblock for loki/ash)

• 1 month later...