Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno Need To Create Their Own Weapons

.solitus

From the Lore we know that currently all Tenno weapons are ancient things, owned by the Orokin (Primed) then re-made today with more efficient materials (but downgraded powers) such as the Paris, Burston, Braton, Orthos, Sicarus, etc. From the codex in the Burston Prime, it is revealed that the Burston Prime has never been succesfully replicated in the today age. The Paris Prime : "An ancient weapon in the void". Basically, the Soma according to the current knowledge is once an Orokin weapon (although there is no indication) named Soma Prime before getting "de-Primed" then become much easier to produce now. The same applies to Magnus, Vasto, Cernos, Tigris. Why? because non-grineer and non-corpus weapons are basically prime orokin weapons re-used by the Tenno with little modification so they are easier to produce. That, is our current Lore.

Other weapons used by the Tenno is either Grineer or Corpus weapons.

We need original Tenno weapons. A weapon that is made from the today-age of the Tenno that has no Prime counterpart. We also need DE to release something about this (lore about the weapon origins), and make a clan tech of Tenno based weapons that has no orokin counterpart, but is also very powerful. That is where we put the Soma, and other future strong non-prime, non-grineer, and non-corpus weapons that is never getting primed, vandalized, or wraith'd, but has power like the Soma that still can outdamage primes, vandals, and even wraiths. Tenno need to grow on their own and stop rely on Orokins, Corpus, Grineer, or even the Infested.

Or.. as a poster bellow suggested, we can combine corpus and grineer technologies with orokin technology. Maybe combining Ogris and Penta to create the best explosive weapon? (grineer + corpus) Or even putting dual ichors on the orthos, replacing the dual orthos blades on the edge of the long weapon? Combining supra and gorgon to create a better LMG is also not a bad idea.

Edited by XTenno

This is quite a good idea, I think there should be some completely new weapons, Tenno have to get upgraded to win this war, technology has proceeded while they were asleep. Infested(synapse) and grineer weapons(brakk) are better or on par with orokin/tenno tech.

Of course it takes some time to think of new weapons and manufacture them, maybe give us an event where tenno have to steal weapon plans and parts and bring em to the lotus who will create a new tenno weapons for it?

Superiority through technology baby!

From the Lore we know that currently all Tenno weapons are ancient things, owned by the Orokin (Primed) then re-made today with more efficient materials (but downgraded powers) such as the Paris, Burston, Braton, Orthos, Sicarus, etc. From the codex in the Burston Prime, it is revealed that the Burston Prime has never been succesfully replicated in the today age. The Paris Prime : "An ancient weapon in the void". Basically, the Soma according to the current knowledge is once an Orokin weapon (although there is no indication) named Soma Prime before getting "de-Primed" then become much easier to produce now. The same applies to Magnus, Vasto, Cernos, Tigris. Why? because non-grineer and non-corpus weapons are basically prime orokin weapons re-used by the Tenno with little modification so they are easier to produce. That, is our current Lore.

Other weapons used by the Tenno is either Grineer or Corpus weapons.

We need original Tenno weapons. A weapon that is made from the today-age of the Tenno that has no Prime counterpart. We also need DE to release something about this (lore about the weapon origins), and make a clan tech of Tenno based weapons that has no orokin counterpart, but is also very powerful. That is where we put the Soma, and other future strong non-prime, non-grineer, and non-corpus weapons.

So, basically youre saying that you want a Tenno lab in the dojo? i like that, and i think that it will be at least a band aid to the problem with soma being too strong for what it cost to craft it.

Back when they first put in Dojos and Clan Tech research rooms I speculated that the prerequisite room for the research labs would one day get a revamp to be a research lab for combined technologies. Mass produced non-prime Orokin gear mixed with other factions' tech. Makes even more sense in Damage 2.0 giving us a guide for combining elements.

Examples from my poor brain that's worked 12hrs on a 3hr nap.

Dual Heat Sword + Amphis = Atomphis. Pair of flanged maces which deal Impact / Radiation damage.

AFuris + Cestra = AFeurstra. Faster projectiles but not hitscan, less ramp up but not none. 

Burston + Ignis = Ignon. Fires fast moving fireballs that expand as they go out, outer edge deals damage as it passes over enemies but the center will cause the ball to explode if it hits directly. Closer to user yields a bigger (more concentrated) explosion that is dangerous to the user. As it moves farther out and expands the explosion is less devastating but hits a larger area.

Orthos + Ichor = Ichoros. Fast swinging double bladed weapon which deals Corrosive and Slash. Jump attack is a unique move that lifts the Tenno up (lol hellicopter XD) instead of slamming down, and sprays corrosive acid around and down.

Edited by VKhaun

Back when they first put in Dojos and Clan Tech research rooms I speculated that the prerequisite room for the research labs would one day get a revamp to be a research lab for combined technologies. Mass produced non-prime Orokin gear mixed with other factions' tech. Makes even more sense in Damage 2.0 giving us a guide for combining elements.

Examples from my poor brain that's worked 12hrs on a 3hr nap.

Dual Heat Sword + Amphis = Atomphis. Pair of flanged maces which deal Impact / Radiation damage.

AFuris + Cestra = AFeurstra. Faster projectiles but not hitscan, less ramp up but not none. 

Burston + Ignis = Ignon. Fires fast moving fireballs that expand as they go out, outer edge deals damage as it passes over enemies but the center will cause the ball to explode if it hits directly. Closer to user yields a bigger (more concentrated) explosion that is dangerous to the user. As it moves farther out and expands the explosion is less devastating but hits a larger area.

Orthos + Ichor = Ichoros. Fast swinging double bladed weapon which deals Corrosive and Slash. Jump attack is a unique move that lifts the Tenno up (lol hellicopter XD) instead of slamming down, and sprays corrosive acid around and down.

This is a pretty damn great idea. I like it! Ignon and Ichoros are my favorites among that list.

I'd say that the Burston and Lex are examples of "New age" tenno technology.

There's Burston Prime. Definitely not a new age Tenno technology. The Lex, however, could be one. That is until DE released official explaination about weapon origins. Right now we are clear to assume that all nongrineer nonifested and noncorpus weapons are used to be Prime Orokin weapons until they got "downgraded" and "dePrimed" by the Tenno for the sake of mass produce in this new age. But still, they are copycats from the Prime weapons.

We don't have our own new weapons but we have produced a few weapons by reverse engineering, mostly Infested stuff like the Torid and Synapse. Here's hoping we get the MOA's mounted gun in Pistol form someday. I also fully support combination tech.