The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Flip The Lanka's Charge System Around?

[DE]Momaw

After picking up a Vectis, I'm finding it infinitely more usable for one simple reason: it's ready to shoot the instant you line up a target. With the Lanka, you are forced to either charge and then hold it for an indeterminate amount of time until you find the shot, or, you find the shot and continue to track the target while charging. It's only a fraction of a second once modded but this is what makes the Lanka rather clumsy in use.

What if, instead, Lanka charged automatically whenever you were holding it ready so that it fired instantly when you pressed the trigger, with each shot being followed automatically by the charge? Have it be where you can shoot as fast as possible for half damage, or wait for the charge to finish to get full damage on the next shot.

I actually don't see any problem with this, to be honest. I mean, we can already run around with the weapon charged, so it's not a problem that it wouldn't be able to hold the charge.

and maybe it could be that at the very start of the round you'd have to charge it up once

Deffinetally agree wit OP. The travel time seems to be enough of a disadvantage. changing it to auto charge wouldnt make it overpowered or anything like that.

Plus i basically do the same thing. I have a macro on my mouse that lets me charge and fire with the click of a button

I agree with OP as well. Its an electronic gun, it should be programmable to auto charge itself to full, allowing you to simply release the charge with the trigger, the only difference is I don't have to play with my index finger depressed the whole time. Think about the index fingers!

No dumbing down please.

Streamlining =/= dumbing down. It only really leads to less finger acrobatics and less frustration from Lanka users. Challenge should not be found in trying to use a poor weapon mechanic but how enemies respond and adapt to you using that weapon and its mechanic. 

Lanka already got the incredible stupid low charge shot mechanic 

how much easier do you want this game to become?

No dumbing down please.

Because holding the button down for a multitude of seconds rather than simply clicking the button is a definitive and important show of skill/intelligence.

I have a handful of straws here, would you like a few more?

I am under the impression you dont have the Lanka.

I am under the impression you haven't bothered looking up anything about me other than this post; not even my puncture on projectiles thread where I specifically stated Lanka as a big reason why I posted it in the first place.

If you really believe this is anything more than a quality of life change, you're heavily grasping at straws at how this is remotely skill based.  Having to click and hold over just click is not skill, or hardly even intelligence in anything but it's most minor form.  It's annoying, trivial, and minor maintenance at best.  Leading shots requires skill and intelligence, not holding a button.

Edited by Verazix

• 5 weeks later...