Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aftertouch Mod

Arsinic21

for those of you who enjoy using the glaive prime, glaive or kestrel like I do(GP) wouldn't it be nice to have an aftertouch mod? obviously it probably couldn't be anything like the aftertouch ability from darksector, but given a few tweaks to the mechanics, I think it'd be a nice addition to a solid weapon.

my thoughts were: after charging and throwing the glaive prime, you can continue to hold down or retap the melee key while it is in flight, to give it "orders" on how to move. I've given some thought and I figured that since the glaive and kestrel and GP usually "ricochet" off things after-touch should only be able to be used once per throw, and for about 2-4 seconds, which should enough time to find enemies and alter trajectory. either that, or it could write over the ricochet, and force the glaive to follow your sights. given that since they can only move so fast, they wouldn't be able to follow a 180 turn w/o some degree of "lag" behind it, but it would be kind of cool to be able to throw the glaive, hold down the melee button and guide it towards enemies hiding behind the corner.

yes I know some of you will say "that's what ricochet is for (expletive)..." but that could be the point of this mod, to give those that enjoy the thrown melee weapons an alternative to bouncing the bloody thing off the wall and hoping it hits something

By the way, I use the glaive prime, with NO ricochet, as ricochet is very unruly for me, bouncing off walls at odd angles and such...it's why I thought of this idea in the first place

Edited by Arsinic21

I wouldn't mind a Mod that causes a much longer charge but allows me to Target lock with the Glaive in the same way you commonly see a Boomerang treated in something like the Legend of Zelda.

I'd sacrifice the ricochet and some charge time in an instant for something that cool.

I also set my Glaive up to never Ricochet. No point. It is wasted time.

I wouldn't mind a Mod that causes a much longer charge but allows me to Target lock with the Glaive in the same way you commonly see a Boomerang treated in something like the Legend of Zelda.

I'd sacrifice the ricochet and some charge time in an instant for something that cool.

I also set my Glaive up to never Ricochet. No point. It is wasted time.

right? that'd be nice too...call the mod....Locked On or something XD sorry my creative genius is taking a nap lol

i would love to have this mod if it really release. in Dark Sector "aftertouch" will slow down everything allow you to guide the glaive but in the multiplayer like warframe, what would happen to other players?

as I said above, it probably couldn't be the same as Darksectors After touch ability, but an idea would be to slow down the weapon in flight while the mod is "activated" allowing for greater control of the in-flight weapon

i would love to have this mod if it really release. in Dark Sector "aftertouch" will slow down everything allow you to guide the glaive but in the multiplayer like warframe, what would happen to other players?

Yeah. This is the big issue.

I feel like a Lock-On type deal is a better route to go. Programming the Glaive so you can 'pilot' it could end up taking a lot longer then making it act like a blazingly fast multi-lock version of a Bombard rocket.

Yeah. This is the big issue.

I feel like a Lock-On type deal is a better route to go.

true, but then what would happen after it hit its target? just come straight back? or continue on through for the max distance, or until it "ricochets"?

right? that'd be nice too...call the mod....Locked On or something XD sorry my creative genius is taking a nap lol

Maybe something like:

Precision Throw: +20/40/60/80% Projectile Seek.

Left it at 80% because I don't want to see the thing making 90 degree turns (and other nigh-impossible paths). Let it home in a bit, but not so much that the weapon just becomes fire-and-forget. Bonus points if it also allowed you to use ricochet mods to increase or decrease the number of targets you could lock on to.

Edited by Vargras

true, but then what would happen after it hit its target? just come straight back? or continue on through for the max distance, or until it "ricochets"?

It'd be able to 'Lock' a number of targets equal to the amount of times it could Bounce.

That means that if you use the +Bounces mod you'll be able to lock over twice as many targets, but your Glaive will take a while to return home as it seeks them out.

Meanwhile if you use -Bounces you can reduce target locks to 1 so that you can bring the Glaive home very rapidly.

Maybe something like:

Precision Throw: +20/40/60/80% Projectile Seek.

Left it at 80% because I don't want to see the thing making 90 degree turns (and other nigh-impossible paths). Let it home in a bit, but not so much that the weapon just becomes fire-and-forget. Bonus points if it also allowed you to use ricochet mods to increase or decrease the number of targets you could lock on to.

I wouldn't even bother giving the mod ranks. It doesn't need it. Like how Coolant leak doesn't. Unlike Coolant leak, I'd make it a very Points expensive mod. I'm think 14-16 points. This is a mod that drastically changes the lethality and behavior of the weapon. You build AROUND this card. So it is expensive. Meaning Forma will be involved to squeeze the most power out of it if you want a homing Glaive.

When the mod is on your Glaive 'Bounces' become 'Target locks' and the Glaive itself acts about as smart as a Bombard rocket, only a lot faster.

I wouldn't even bother giving the mod ranks. It doesn't need it. Like how Coolant leak doesn't.

When the mod is on your Glaive 'Bounces' become 'Target locks' and the Glaive itself acts about as smart as a Bombard rocket, only a lot faster.

With the percentages, I was actually thinking Mass Effect, in which powers can be arced around corners, but can't make incredibly tight turns. The percentage was just how tight of a turn it would actually be able to make.

With the percentages, I was actually thinking Mass Effect, in which powers can be arced around corners, but can't make incredibly tight turns. The percentage was just how tight of a turn it would actually be able to make.

The big thing is just teaching the glaive to go to the 'next target' if the target it is chasing puts something in the way. Meaning your Homing Glaive will only be good for targets who can't hide from it. "Oh, he's behind a box/around a corner now. Time to seek the next guy."

Past that a lot of the balancing is done in how long it takes to throw and how long it takes for this Glaive to return home. The way I picture it in my head it'd be much slower.

well...maybe, but in the end, a homing glaive would be friggin awesome...and the max bounce is 8 isn't it? cuz it naturally bounces 4 times, then the mod rebound give it 4 more, so you'd have to spend time locking onto all 8 targets, which could become a hassle in later levels because they are really fast paced. it'd have to be like a scroll-over-target locking mechanism or something, similar to how the hit-scan weapons work....

Edited by Arsinic21

well...maybe, but in the end, a homing glaive would be friggin awesome...and the max bounce is 8 isn't it? cuz it naturally bounces 4 times, then the mod rebound give it 4 more, so you'd have to spend time locking onto all 8 targets, which could become a hassle in later levels because they are really fast paced. it'd have to be like a scroll-over-target locking mechanism or something, similar to how the hit-scan weapons work....

That is actually part of why I figure it balances out nicely.

You'd need to have clear line of sight on that many enemies long enough to lock on and wind up and throw. Then the Glaive has to seek and nail each target before coming home. It'd be slower, though potentially more lethal. 

But yeah. I share a similar feeling as you Arsinic. Definitely. I'd love a manual pilot or homing glaive. It just plain sounds fun.

But yeah. I share a similar feeling as you Arsinic. Definitely. I'd love a manual pilot or homing glaive. It just plain sounds fun.

Part of the appeal of the Glaive/Glaive Prime/Kestrel is that it's already a fun weapon. Homing glaive would just be even more fun (and pretty much guarantee I would never use another melee weapon again).

Part of the appeal of the Glaive/Glaive Prime/Kestrel is that it's already a fun weapon. Homing glaive would just be even more fun (and pretty much guarantee I would never use another melee weapon again).

I dunno what you're talking about, the glaive prime isn't fun to play with at all unless you got no bounces on it....and even then its rather straightforward, and rather boring....

don't get me wrong, I love the thing to death, especially when on my loki, but seriously? you're gunna talk about never using another melee again? the galatine does what 1,460 damage in one swing to 5 enemies, then play as loki, and watch enemies fall underneath your feet man....

Edited by Arsinic21

I dunno what you're talking about, the glaive prime isn't fun to play with at all unless you got no bounces on it....and even then its rather straightforward, and rather boring....

don't get me wrong, I love the thing to death, especially when on my loki, but seriously? you're gunna talk about never using another melee again? the galatine does what 1,460 damage in one swing to 5 enemies, then play as loki, and watch enemies fall underneath your feet man....

I use mine with +bounce and it's by far my favorite melee weapon. And saying it's boring compared to the Galatine is kind of uhh...

I use mine with +bounce and it's by far my favorite melee weapon. And saying it's boring compared to the Galatine is kind of uhh...

haha no no, im not saying the glaive is boring compared to the galatine, I mean the other way around....dude was talking about never using another melee again if an "aftertouch-like" mod came out, and I was saying that that's what most people said about the galatine XD

Why not use the same thing nyx uses to lock on to targets?

Like when the skill is casted the projectiles fly out and then home in on "tagged" enemies.

because that's an auto-lock feature of the ability. if they implemented such a thing on the glaive, all you have to do is throw it and forget it....which is rather ridiculous, even if it would be funny to see a glaive prime whirling about attacking everything that gets close to its owner XD