Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So... Do You Think Warframe Is Ready For Steam?

Wellwisher

According to steam Waframe will be "released" to Steam on the 25th, and personally I don't think its ready in its current state.

There are still a myriad of bugs and problems plaguing this game. Many of this can and are forgiven by the dedicated testers that currently play the game, as they are fully aware that the game is still a work in progress. That is the problem, while yes many games have been released on steam in a "beta" state most of these have pretty much been completed execpt for some polishing and finishing touches. I do not think that is the case with Warframe, especially in the usability department, where the game is severly lacking.

To summarize, I am somewhat distraught that many people who will try out Waframe at te steam release will simply install the game, run into one or several of the many issues that are still present in the game and dismiss it.

EDIT: By dismiss it I mean, dismiss the game for being lackluster and not worth their time.

Edited by Wellwisher

Depends, what do you mean by dismiss it, do you mean they will put warframe at the corner of their eye or they will ignore the bug? Also, I think as long as theirs dedicated players, I careless about the 10 year old brats( it's funny seeing that I'm 14).

*looks at War Z*

Oh yeah, Warframe will be fine.

I was thinking of bringing that up, but the main thing that people slammed about War Z was the false advertising which (I hope) wont happen for warframe. What im afraid will happen is that a lot of people will try the game out, it will suck, reviews will slam it and it will be forgotten and sink into obscurity (slight hyperbole employed in description).

in my view its not ready for open beta yet until they fix all the update 7 bugs

i just remembered Ravaged recently out on steam and recently down cause the game was full of bug and not finished..

Steam ppl are just like:

_ oh it dont work perfectly? screw it even if it was fun i ll download RE6 or w/e

so many games on steam that ppl usually dont bother giving a second try when they see too much bugs

i am pretty scared about a steam now

but i do want it for the sake of WF/

I guess Sin. and the full team.. dont gonna sleep until the 25 or maybe they gona delay the lauch on steam

-------------------------------------------------------------

Reason:

_new planet maps are buged to the bone (colision issue with environment makin ppl fall in space in a forever loop

_UI still messy

_Where is my mod issue

(also categorized by name was Pro idea... too bad it' take few min to reach the page you want cause you cant just clik on the letter your mod name start with)

_Global chat (awesome, too bad it's buged)

_gameplay: still feel fat when jumping landing and geting up

the new avoiding move is just perfect (aim+run+left or right) but the basik avoid(rolling) is still a pain

_we need a combo system for mele, we got a lot of weapons but at the end it allways end up with spaming only

(and it can be done even with FPS control)

_The new icy planet... is beautifull but something is wrong... ice should have been hazard like in space ships

cause right now it make us feel like the whole solar system is filled with icy planets

_a lot of litle bugs , but that's our job to report them, problem is we may not have time to 5 days is just like nothing

_Matchmakin is good but buged

i may miss some stuff

The up7 is full of good idea, i really love the new system but the UI ruin it in some way

Edited by Tsoe

I am a player of another game who had a horrible steam launch, Super Monday Night Combat, stuff happened and the game was kind of leaked out of closed invitational status so they went with an official release while they were still working on content and matchmaking things. We got set up with a TF2 promo to help a bit but it didn't do enough, the game turned people off at that time. It still has problems to this day but it is in a much better state than what people initially saw.

I'm not sure what it is about this game but it does seem interesting, but it feels kind of empty right now, and not living up to it's full potential (this is just an opinion). If they could hold off a little while, it would be for the best unless they absolutely HAVE to go with the set launch date.

I'm not sure what it is about this game but it does seem interesting, but it feels kind of empty right now, and not living up to it's full potential (this is just an opinion). If they could hold off a little while, it would be for the best unless they absolutely HAVE to go with the set launch date.

This is a good point, at the moment this game has nothing that will keep the average player in the game (by average player I mean those that don't enjoy farming for the sole pupose of becoming better at farmin). On top of technical and usability issues the game will also struggle to keep more than a niche audience from a gameplay standpoint alone. In short: we need an engaging endgame.

Edited by Wellwisher

Steam just released a new "Early Access Games" thing.

Get immediate access to games that are being developed with the community's involvement. These are games that evolve as you play them, as you give feedback, and as the developers update and add content.

We like to think of games and game development as services that grow and evolve with the involvement of customers and the community. There have been a number of prominent titles that have embraced this model of development recently and found a lot of value in the process. We like to support and encourage developers who want to ship early, involve customers, and build lasting relationships that help everyone make better games.

This is the way games should be made.

Maybe they will be making use of this?

Edited by Naso

Totally not ready for steam, ESPCIALLY, with the "Hey you can buy Credits with Platinum!" this game is going to be written off as a grindy korean MMO that is also very P2W.

I think it was ready for Steam prior to update 7, but now... it's going to take a couple months to just rebalance the weapons again so 80% of them don't completely suck even when upgraded.

Totally not ready for steam, ESPCIALLY, with the "Hey you can buy Credits with Platinum!" this game is going to be written off as a grindy korean MMO that is also very P2W.

I think it was ready for Steam prior to update 7, but now... it's going to take a couple months to just rebalance the weapons again so 80% of them don't completely suck even when upgraded.

Well to be fair update 7 brought a much needed change, the problem is just that its not quite finished and will require a lot of tweaking. I doubt that can be done within a week. Bringing the game to steam is a great idea, but the execustion seems to rushed to be as beneficial to Warframe as it could be.

I think people are ignoring important facts. One, this game has a smaller overhead and thus needs less paying customers to survive. Two, one of the best selling games on Steam is APB and there are many similarities between that game and this one. Three, this game reminds alot of people of Mass Effect 3 multiplayer which is still popular a year after release. Four, FPS or TPS are popular on the PC. And lastly, this game doesn't have to be mainstream to survive, the people who will love this game are shooter fans and we all know how rabid shooter fans can get.

They really need to get some things polished; right now with the new mod system out there's a ton of rough edges. They've been pushing large amounts of content, and DE needs to take a step back and get it all working fluidly before getting a bunch of Steam users playing.