The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Invading Jupiter Again....

bobingabout

Grineer invasion on Jupiter... and Grineer are offering superior loot.

This means that another unique level with unique mobs is going to permanantly disapear under the foot of grineer morons, permanantly removing an area where you can get hard to obtain mods, like the pistol and rifle toxin damage (I forget their names) mods.

So... the latest content in the game is very slowly being taken away from us.

In my opinion, unique areas like Jupiter and Phobos should not be able to be invaded.

In fact I'm starting to hate the invasion more and more, dispite the changes to allow you to keep progressing through an invasion...

I'm getting really sick and tired of the invasion concept. I like knowing that certain planets are corpus or grineer. Now some planets are half and half which is stupid! I think only a few specific planets should be warzones. If jupitar loses its awesome mission to more boring galleons and mining vessels ima pissed. I go there for the awesome levels and corpus not to see the same grineer tiles that fill up 75% of this game already

Well just have to hope that the Corpus will strike back. but then grineer will still win, because Harvey.   But as you said "unique" tilesets. so in your opinion places like earth should also not be invaded soon?  due to it becoming forest tile ( I think. not sure.) and so when planet n2 becomes Grineer shipyard an invasion also shouldnt happen there? because its unique?   Son if you want to keep Jupi in corpus hands then fight for it!   Its the way of the game now. makes things interesting.   EDIT: Note:  Do note that they take over the Gas city aswell. No galeons will apear afaik. theyll use original area. look at mars. its half Grin half Corp. and what are the Grin in?  Thats right corpus maps!

Edited by Marabunta5

I like it how you guys completely ignore it when corpus offer blatantly superior rewards

Imho Reactor BP beats 3 Fieldrons.  you dont have to craft 3 fieldrons anymore but lets be honest most of the energy weapons arent more than just stuff for mastery rank. Besides that i dont think that wasnt the main point of the OP. part of it but not fully. i Like how you ignore the rest of that ;D

Imho Reactor BP beats 3 Fieldrons.  you dont have to craft 3 fieldrons anymore but lets be honest most of the energy weapons arent more than just stuff for mastery rank. Besides that i dont think that wasnt the main point of the OP. part of it but not fully. i Like how you ignore the rest of that ;D

I meant nobody from corpus side complained when it was corpus offering  3 orokin cells vs grineer credits in 3 nodes out of 5 on uranus. Or the one last night on eris where grineer offered credits and corpus offered catalyst

I meant nobody from corpus side complained when it was corpus offering  3 orokin cells vs grineer credits in 3 nodes out of 5 on uranus. Or the one last night on eris where grineer offered credits and corpus offered catalyst

You are missing the point, he wants conflict on maps that are already generic, like the Galleons, many maps use them, so losing a few Grineer maps to Corpus or vice-versa does not affect gameplay.

Losing Jupiter isnt all because of Corpus being taken out, its the fact that Jupiter has specific units that are the only ones to drop certain mods. If they get ruled out of Jupiter, we have no way to get those mods.

And the battle pay itself isnt the true problem, but the last stories about Harvester spawning when supporting Grineer, thats the thing that has made it unbalanced, as people are supporting grineer just to try and get it to spawn.

How's it feel to know in a few months time, the entire solar system will be Grineer dominated because even Corpus supporters are trying to use every edge they can to get harvester spawn just so they can get a chance... a slim chance... that they'll get the parts they need to build a Detron?

And we lost metis, and it looks like Io is well on the way to being grineer too...

We must not be looking at the same map because all I see on Io is the grineer getting their butts kicked because everyone needs orokin cells.

Altough I find Invasions a nice concept, clearly they need A LOT of work.

One of its problems is exactly what you have described: Unique tilesets, unique enemies/mods and Faction/Mission Type combinations can dissapear or suffer a major blow in a brink of an eye.

They need to make sure these specific planets (like Phobos and Jupiter) don't get invaded OR if they do...then give the defender way better rewards and make sure the entire planet can't get conquered.

First it's the Infested that dissapear...now we got these Invasion shennanigans :(

With the Detron fiasco going on right now, I think Grineers will win every invasion regardless of battle reward.

:I

I thought so too, but somehow the corpus defended Io. and now the invasion is over, yet right before it ended the invasion progress was at like 53% on my screen.. dunno what was up with that. I need another harvester mark! (finally got it to spawn! didn't give me any goodies, though)

I haven't had time to play for a few days; are the Gas City tilesets actually being replaced when the Grineer win a node?

No, the enemies are the issue. There are 3 enemies that are exclusive to Jupiter that become more difficult to farm every time a Grineer Invasion is successful.

I thought so too, but somehow the corpus defended Io. and now the invasion is over, yet right before it ended the invasion progress was at like 53% on my screen.. dunno what was up with that. I need another harvester mark! (finally got it to spawn! didn't give me any goodies, though)

The reason for the funky 53% number is becuase DE has yet to change the invasion system to not factor in nodes that have already been conquered/defended. Thus, the system takes the average of all the nodes, regardless if they're still active or not, and comes up with a number such as that.

And corpus defended that node because the majority of the community will still jump at the chance to get a few cells over supporting the other guys any day. 

When the invasion is a success, the change in faction should only last for a week or two and after that, it should return to it's original state.

Maybe have the faction ask the tenno for help to take it back. At which point you have to do 3 runs for a certain reward.

For example, Corpus invades Grineer node and wins.

The node becomes Corpus for 2 weeks.

After 2 weeks, the Grineer asks for help to take back their node.

The take back is not an invasion where you can choose a side, but an invasion much like the infestation. You just do 3 runs for a reward from Grineer.