Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Invading Jupiter Again....

bobingabout

Lies, i just checked all greener captured missions, all of them are still on same gas tileset, just filled with greneers.

Maybe it's because I did a nightmare version of it? It was 100% Asteroid.

Or, more accurately, I accidently zoomed to another planet. ooops

Edited by konfetarius

When the invasion is a success, the change in faction should only last for a week or two and after that, it should return to it's original state.

Maybe have the faction ask the tenno for help to take it back. At which point you have to do 3 runs for a certain reward.

For example, Corpus invades Grineer node and wins.

The node becomes Corpus for 2 weeks.

After 2 weeks, the Grineer asks for help to take back their node.

The take back is not an invasion where you can choose a side, but an invasion much like the infestation. You just do 3 runs for a reward from Grineer.

Considering "Unique areas" like Jupiter, I like this idea!

They could also just put the enemies from those planets elsewhere...

That might work with Jupiter's unique enemies, but what if it started happening to Phobos too? Every enemy is unique to the adea, unless you changed a tileset to desert, it wouldn't work.

on that note: we should have some jungle nodes too, get us some Fronteer Grineer back!

So let me get this straight. People are crying arround again, because some nodes getting invaded from time to time? ....

tNblOoZ.gif

no need to be an arse...

it isn't that nodes are being invaded, it is that CERTAIN nodes are being invaded, specifically, those with unique content, like Jupiter.

THINGS THAT YOU CAN'T GET ELSEWHERE

THINGS THAT WILL BE GONE POTENTIALLY FOREVER!!!

That's what we're annoyed at, not invasions in general.

Well just have to hope that the Corpus will strike back. but then grineer will still win, because Harvey.   But as you said "unique" tilesets. so in your opinion places like earth should also not be invaded soon?  due to it becoming forest tile ( I think. not sure.) and so when planet n2 becomes Grineer shipyard an invasion also shouldnt happen there? because its unique?   Son if you want to keep Jupi in corpus hands then fight for it!   Its the way of the game now. makes things interesting.   EDIT: Note:  Do note that they take over the Gas city aswell. No galeons will apear afaik. theyll use original area. look at mars. its half Grin half Corp. and what are the Grin in?  Thats right corpus maps!

Speaking of Harvey, when I chose corpus to back for that invasion I got a little email from alad v offering his pleasure in my willingness to volunteer for his zanuka project. So....doesn't seem to be siding with greener that cause Harvey flagging. It was immideately after finishing the mission that I got the email.

no need to be an arse...

it isn't that nodes are being invaded, it is that CERTAIN nodes are being invaded, specifically, those with unique content, like Jupiter.

THINGS THAT YOU CAN'T GET ELSEWHERE

THINGS THAT WILL BE GONE POTENTIALLY FOREVER!!!

That's what we're annoyed at, not invasions in general.

Im not an "arse" im serious.

And how the hell are you already afraid of loosing something towards a faction after one tiny invasion?

And even if they they win a node, that doesnt mean they cant invade it again.

You are talking about something, that doesnt even occured in that way and already panicking/raging about it.

Edited by Derethevil

I really don't like people complaining over these changes. I am sorry to say that you really need to get used to it. DE has committed itself to the invasion and infestation features.

It makes the galaxy map seem a bit more alive and actually gives the Grineer something evil to do apart from stand there doing nothing being "evil".

It also is really quite a change to fight different mobs on a tile set. On since Gravidius is a corpus outpost tile you can fight Grineer on. It is not until you realise that Grineer only have 2 defense maps that a little variety can be good. Its a small luxury but thats all we get.

(However I do recognise that it can become a diffuculty for those 3 mob types that mainly appear in jupiter but its not like Grineer have the whole planet... yet!)

I think people are missing the principal of the problem here. Is having one or two nodes on a unique tileset invaded and altered a huge issue? No, of course not. Is leaving the possibility of losing the entire tileset - and all of the units that are associated with it - unchecked? Absolutely.

Right now, Jupiter is just fine. A few Grineer nodes aren't such a big deal. But as far as we can tell, there is no security measure to prevent the whole thing from being overrun. That's all most of us are asking for - preventative measures in place to make sure that doesn't happen.

There are several units that are unique to Jupiter, Phobos, etc, just imagine if the whole planets were switched; they would no longer exist in the game completely. We're not saying that's going to happen, and I don't think anyone expects it to either, but a little piece of mind to know that DE is at least half as concerned as we are on this issue would be very appreciated. 

I'd also like to note that certain nodes on certain systems are sometimes the only ones, or one of few that spawn particular units. For instance, Baal was taken over on Europa a while back. It was largely considered the only consistent location on the star map where Sniper Crewmen could be found on a regular basis. These are the types of things that need fixing. (ie. spreading units out more evenly across the map so that when nodes are conquered those units don't go extinct). 

Edited by DJ_Redwire

Im not an "arse" im serious.

And how the hell are you already afraid of loosing something towards a faction after one tiny invasion?

And even if they they win a node, that doesnt mean they cant invade it again.

You are talking about something, that doesnt even occured in that way and already panicking/raging about it.

invasions spread, successfully conquer one node and the invaders move forward to the next nodes.

Jupiter has a unique spawn of anti-moa's and Detron Crewmen. both being the only enemies to drop toxin dmg mods for pistols and rifles.

believe me when i say when Phobos get continuously invaded by Corpus, similar rants will appear due to Phobos' unique 'Arid grineer' spawn.

a new "grineer stalker" that appears by siding with the Corpus and that drop brakk parts comes out.

not happening any time soon...

I don't think a quote by Captain Price is fitting for this.

Corpus took Kappa,

Grineer took Baal,

If Jupiter wasn't defended, Phobos would probably follow.

Edited by Magmahunter

Given how DE eradicated the infested from planets, I don't see how DE would consider the corpus getting purged from their planets a bad thing. Also especially since this time it's the players themselves actively wanting to cleanse the solar system of corpus because Detron.

TL;DR: Want corpus maps? Side with corpus, else STFU and GTFO.