Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To: Pull Valkyr Out Of Poop Tier

Shifted

Here's how I see it.

Reduce length of Hysteria by half, but compensate by either letting her lunge further forward to connect punches with targets, or give her a sort of vacuum effect that pulls enemies closer to her. On top of that, to compensate for the melee-only nature of Hysteria, one of two mechanics should be implemented, though they are basically just the same thing with different implementation.

1: Give Valkyr a unique status effect in Hysteria - with every punch connected on a single target, they get the Internal Bleeding debuff, which ignores shields and armour and has an increasing damage multiplier that increases with every punch. It gives Valkyr more of a berserker feel as she suddenly becomes a heavy unit/boss slayer.

2: Give Hysteria a "damage combo" function. With every consecutive hit on a single target, a damage multiplier is built up, and upon target death this multiplier is established as a temporary buff, increasing the damage of Valkyr's punches for as long as the buff lasts. The longer the combo, the stronger the buff and the longer its effects - a combo of sufficient length, performed at the right time, could possibly even reach outside of Hysteria. The idea is that it would act as a sort of personal Roar effect in this case, affecting more than just melee weaponry. The effects could potentially be stronger than Roar if done right, though this would only start showing up when Valkyr has started maximizing power duration and has bulky enough enemies to beat on for long enough.

Warcry is already pretty decent as is, I wouldn't really change it. However I would feel that the change to Hysteria's duration would necessitate a change in her base stats to reflect it, considering how squishy she is outside of Hysteria.

The only thing I can see in my list of suggested changes that's a bit overboard is overhauling war cry - and that's because war cry is an absolutely terrible ability and no amount of buffing what it currently does can rescue it.

Giving your team +armour is useless for most war frames.

Giving your team +melee attack speed is useless for most players, and I don't even see melee 2.0 changing that once the novelty wears off.

Slowing enemies down by up to 30% for 15 seconds is about the only useful thing this ability does. By comparison, Snow globe slows enemies by 67%

But paralysis already stuns them, pushes them back, damages them, costs practically nothing, and can be re-cast almost instantly.

As an ability, war cry is completely redundant. Its only practical application is to give Hysteria a boost to attack speed, a boost which is fundamentally necessary to remaining remotely effective in Hysteria at dealing damage in the higher levels.

So much so that if you aren't treating them as one skill, you are doing it wrong. In which case, the attack speed may as well be merged into Hysteria, and the rest dropped and replaced.

This. Out of all her skills War Cry is the worst. The stats it buffs and debuffs are of very little value. A % damage taken reduction buff would be an option other than AOE mini iron skin.

Maybe Paralysis is decent, looks like it can rival Rhino stomp with strength mods but would have a very small AOE in comparison.

Hysteria only needs a movement element, how about a charge attack that charges like rhino or excalibur.

Edited by Fuzzykat

everyone forgot that the main problem with valkyr is not her ripline/warcry/ or paralysis, it's hysteria itself. 

Valkyr solely depend 99% on hysteria when things get hard, and her claw is the only dps powers she got, since hysteria prevent her from using any other weapons. 

Imagine an Ash in smoke screen with gun

Now imagine a Valkyr in hysteria with claw 

Hysteria is what make Valkyr the worst damage frame. 

Make hysteria able to leap won't solve anything regarding Valkyr's main problem at high end lvl. 

everyone forgot that the main problem with valkyr is not her ripline/warcry/ or paralysis, it's hysteria itself. 

Valkyr solely depend 99% on hysteria when things get hard, and her claw is the only dps powers she got, since hysteria prevent her from using any other weapons. 

Imagine an Ash in smoke screen with gun

Now imagine a Valkyr in hysteria with claw 

Hysteria is what make Valkyr the worst damage frame. 

Make hysteria able to leap won't solve anything regarding Valkyr's main problem at high end lvl. 

well if valkyr in hysteria will be able to move around the field as fast as ash in his ult do it would be certainly better

Edited by Pro3Display

Looked into her DPS and I think you are right SElZE.

"Normal attacks deal 300 damage (100 Impact, 100 Puncture and 100 Slash) damage. These attacks have a 50% critical rate and 200% critical damage."

Then the melee multiplier goes up to 4.0 so she should be hitting 1200 or 2400. Ash and Loki do 400% melee damage with no need to mod for power strength . In stealth my Dual Ichor with catalyst, no forma and standard mods except virulent scourge would hit for 1072 and 6110 on a crit at 40% rate.

Edited by Fuzzykat

If I ever been trolled on extraction, it was by valkyr.

Happened like 8 different times, succeeding with screwing me out of creds reward about 3 or 4.

Never been swapped by Loki or w/e, but if you do get trolled by that, of course it also needs changing.

Either way, thread is about valkyr.

I can honestly say this has never happened to me. And it's never happened to anyone else on my team.

It's also worth considering that if a valkyr pulls you off extraction that close to the countdown, they would also be forfeiting the extraction reward, or at least risking it.

This brings up a question I can't really ignore: Why you?

If the valkyr player has a 1 in 3 chance of picking you, and a strong enough willingness to risk forfeiting their own rewards, AND this is happening to you unusually often, which it is, then what on earth are you doing to annoy them so much?

I can honestly say this has never happened to me. And it's never happened to anyone else on my team.

It's also worth considering that if a valkyr pulls you off extraction that close to the countdown, they would also be forfeiting the extraction reward, or at least risking it.

This brings up a question I can't really ignore: Why you?

If the valkyr player has a 1 in 3 chance of picking you, and a strong enough willingness to risk forfeiting their own rewards, AND this is happening to you unusually often, which it is, then what on earth are you doing to annoy them so much?

Might just be the curse of EU servers, if you know the stereotypes here, there is a certain group that has a rather bad reputation in European gaming.

I'm not saying everyone in *that group* is a troll and I won't be calling names to avoid warning points but most of you realize who I'm talking about ^_^

Either way, it hasn't happened for a while, maybe because I'm playing Rhino and Valkyr myself now (and no, I don't grief with it, lol).

Just a bad memory, I guess.

Ultimately I think Valkyr pulling herself to friendlies rather than the way it is now would be more fitting. I don't need someone else making decisions about my movement for me :P