Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tigris Needs A Rebalance Badly

EnForest

I honestly give up. As I said, people say it sucks because they refuse to work toards strengthening the gun. Instead, they want it to be on par with some of the easiest guns to use. 

The Tigris rewards mobility and tactical placement more than the other guns and that makes it "frustrating" supposedly. Pitiful really.

The Tigris should be that shotgun that you can build any which way you please, an all-around Physical damage weapon, or a puncture/slash oriented shotgun. It's currently outmoded by most every other shotgun there is at this point in time. I hated reloading the thing, its cone of fire and pellet count way too low, and sure, that proc chance is nice, but when you can't afford to miss a pellet, it's troublesome to use.

The Tigris rewards mobility and tactical placement more than the other guns...

I'd replace "rewards" with "requires". No matter how well you mod it to its strengths, the Tigris's two round "clip" and low pellet count make it a very unforgiving weapon. A miss will really cost you.

Spending a third of my time reloading and another trying to line up my enemies just so does not make this a fun or efficient weapon to use in target rich environments like Defense or Survival missions.

I'd replace "rewards" with "requires". No matter how well you mod it to its strengths, the Tigris's two round "clip" and low pellet count make it a very unforgiving weapon. A miss will really cost you.

Spending a third of my time reloading and another trying to line up my enemies just so does not make this a fun or efficient weapon to use in target rich environments like Defense or Survival missions.

It's not your gun then. I love using it in survival, except when it fails to kill something because of dropoff. It makes it hectic and difficult because I have to keep track of everything around me and prioritize targets. The Tigris is a double barreled shotgun. It isn't supposed to be another shotgun with different stats. If the shotgun is bad and no one wants to use it, then it's bad. The trigger mechanism is literally essential to what the Tigris is and if it's bad, I'd rather see the gun be scrapped before it becomes another samey, different stats gun.

It's not your gun then. I love using it in survival, except when it fails to kill something because of dropoff. It makes it hectic and difficult because I have to keep track of everything around me and prioritize targets. The Tigris is a double barreled shotgun. It isn't supposed to be another shotgun with different stats. If the shotgun is bad and no one wants to use it, then it's bad. The trigger mechanism is literally essential to what the Tigris is and if it's bad, I'd rather see the gun be scrapped before it becomes another samey, different stats gun.

There is nothing essential about that stupid fire mechanism, you can get the same effect by giving it a fire rate of 20, as fire rate is separate from reload a 2 barrel shotgun would only benefit by having the 2 or 3 shots in the gun fire in 1 to 1.5 tenths of a second.

Holding down the fire button while lining up a target is $&*&*#(%&.

now if you could fire it as normal but hold down the fire button for a charged up double barrel attack that has no drop off then that may be fun.

I have gone into a game with a level 20 tigris with blaze+seeking force on and an unranked bolto against infested and the bolto does better, that's how crap this is.

Edited by Kyphe

There is nothing essential about that stupid fire mechanism, you can get the same effect by giving it a fire rate of 20, as fire rate is separate from reload a 2 barrel shotgun would only benefit by having the 2 or 3 shots in the gun fire in 1 to 1.5 tenths of a second.

Holding down the fire button while lining up a target is $&*&*#(%&.

now if you could fire it as normal but hold down the fire button for a charged up double barrel attack that has no drop off then that may be fun.

I have gone into a game with a level 20 tigris with blaze+seeking force on and an unranked bolto against infested and the bolto does better, that's how crap this is.

I see what you're saying. I don't mind the hold down mechanic so much. But what if firerate was instant, for every group of two shells? You could fire your first and second shell as fast or as slow as you wanted, but have to wait for the next two(have that delay between groups based on fire rate). Then, if you need to use both barrels at the same time, make it a charge attack. It'd have to be a very quick charge(0.5 seconds or less?) unless it gains some special attribute. It'd actually be nice to have more of a reason to use both barrels then just needing to fire both barrels at the same time. If it did more damage, or had slight punch though, or didn't suffer from dropoff, it'd entice me to use it more.

Tigris is fine how it is. I've started using it lately and it's very good for wiping crowds of trash mobs or giving a heavy  to the face. 

The problem is this is one of those weapons that need to be modded heavily before it can be seen as useful. Unlike other weapons which have an obvious use and purpose out of the box. Once you slap on a seeking force it can cut through packs of enemies like butter.

What if Tigris was given a chance to knockdown an enemy dependent on the number of pellets that hit him and falloff level.

Wouldn't that just make it feel so much more awesome?

It "hits like a truck", but ninety percent of the time enemies don't seem to care. Last time I checked hitting like a truck usually means getting knocked around like a ragdoll.

Edited by LukeAura

Give Tigris faster reload speed and inherent punch through.

It could be a bit stronger too...as other shotguns will out dps it pretty quickly due to low ammo and reloading so often.

Aw yeah

Edited by Ronyn

What if Tigris was given a chance to knockdown an enemy dependent on the number of pellets that hit him and falloff level.

Wouldn't that just make it feel so much more awesome?

It "hits like a truck", but ninety percent of the time enemies don't seem to care. Last time I checked hitting like a truck usually means getting knocked around like a ragdoll.

Thinking about that, I think most shotguns should at least do some knockback and stagger. High Impact shotguns at close range ought to be able to knock an opponent off their feet (depending on damage vs target HP), similar to what Grineer shield lancers are capable of doing with their shield bash.

It would just feel OP and boring.

It's ok the way it is. If anything, a little more reload speed but that's all.

How would it be Op? 

It's like saying you're knocking down one or two foes every two seconds, at best. 

Edited by LukeAura

I built my Tigris for killing Disruptors and Toxics then took a melee weapon with gas for the little stuff.  Healers don't concern me enough to build a weapon to take them down but Toxics in Derelicts can be death for my Carrier so I want them down fast.  Hack through the Chargers and then blast over their heads to kill the approaching ancient!  With only a Catalyst it can take Point Blank, Blaze, Chilling Grasp, Hell's Chamber, Toxic Barrage and Charged Shell for large amounts of slash, blast and corrosive that all do extra against Toxics and Disruptors.  The ability to drop ancients by aiming roughly at their tentacle faces without needing to charge it or be too precise is what I want.  Something that can be fired from the hip between melee swings and trusted to do the job.