The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

30 Scans On Electric Crawler?

StuffedTurkey007

I've yet to come by more than 1 or 2 electric, lobber, or nauseous crawlers in a mission. This makes replayability more of a chore than fun gameplay.

Key is to run those missions with Loki to atleast get stealth scans worth double of those rare enemies. I sure did it and it still took alot of Time/Missions/Luck.

This would be less of an issue if there were static locations at which finding the different varieties of crawlers were available - but since the derelicts don't seem to spawn them often, if at all, and infestations are random in and of themselves, we're at the mercy of RNG to even come across just a few.

I'm glad i did the Crawler scans when Infested were still fix in the universe and not in outbrakes... i remember running a certain planet (which name i forgot) where you had 1-2 crawlers every 2nd mission.. still a pain but manageable. Now.. with infested only in outbrakes i would not even know where to begin. I feel with you... RNG is a *beep*.

Edit: Best bet seems to be ODD... wiki comments state that they spawn rarely after Wave 5... but atleast thats a place you can farm all day where you know they can spawn.

Edited by Namacyst

They really need to fix the amount of scans on rare enemies.

I just barely finished my nauseous scans because they spawned like crazy in an infested MD mission.  Now I need to somehow get 3 more electric crawler scans.  I got the 27 I have by constantly running an infested defense mission where 1 or 2 would spawn between waves 9 and 12 and no other wave.  Even getting to wave 30 wouldn't have any more of those things spawn.

The only tip is if you have Nekros have him kill the crawler after people scan it then cast his sotd and scan that copy of the enemy.  It will count as a separate scan and makes some of the rarer enemies easier to scan.

The alert whit the Physique Aura was great for scanning Toxics and pretty good for Electric crawlers too. I got 19-14 toxics and maybe 5-8 electrics there.

Not a single Nauscious though.

Seekers, especially arid ones, Corpus Snipers (because they are bloody invisible only difference being their gun), Scavanger Drones and Leech drones are also a pain.

Edited by Barda1

As someone who has completed the entire codex, I can say that 20 and 30 scans for some enemies are way too much. For the "rare" spawns it should be around 5 to 8, maybe 10 max. If I hadn't got lucky that one MD mission where lobbers spawned like crazy for some odd reason (15 per run, I was shocked), I would still be looking for them now. They are near impossible to find otherwise, especially in a group because when they show up others just shoot them asap and you don't even get a chance to scan them D:

...and Arid Seekers, Regulators and Scavenger Drones ^^

Codex Scanning is fun work!

Don't forget Normal Eviscerators!

EDIT: You know what would help a ton? If the Scanner UI showed how many more scans were required for the unit that you're looking at.

Spent, like, half an hour at Kela de Thaym and went 3x over the necessary amount for Rollers.

Edited by SortaRandom

Don't forget Normal Eviscerators!

EDIT: You know what would help a ton? If the Scanner UI showed how many more scans were required for the unit that you're looking at.

Spent, like, half an hour at Kela de Thaym and went 3x over the necessary amount for Rollers.

Normal Eviscerators are easy to scan in invasions where you help the grineer.. there are atleast 2 in every mission. Powerfists you find alot on Mercury Capture Mission together with Flameblades, not so hard either.

About rare mobs no 20 scans i don't know because the Codex was not intended to be finished in 1-2 days but weeks.

Normal Eviscerators are easy to scan in invasions where you help the grineer.. there are atleast 2 in every mission. Powerfists you find alot on Mercury Capture Mission together with Flameblades, not so hard either.

About rare mobs no 20 scans i don't know because the Codex was not intended to be finished in 1-2 days but weeks.

Oh, fancy.

I don't recall seeing any Eviscerators in Invasion missions, though. XD

Chargers: 30 scans

Electric Crawlers: 30 scans

Ancient Disruptor: 5 scans

There are plenty of cases where scan count makes no sense.

Grineer Lancer: 20 scans

Arid Seeker: 20 scans

Heavy Gunner: 3 scans

I could do this all day.

Crewmen: 20 scans

Sniper Crewmen: 20 scans

Shockwave MOA: 5 scans

Well, not really. But there are a lot of discrepancies.

Napalm: 3 scans

Bombard: 3 scans

COmmander: 5 scans

52e6013a45947.jpg

Doesn't look like codex is very high on devs priority despite them saying about how "it'll become important" 2 livestreams ago.

As for crawlers, they were supposed to spawn more often while there still were infested planets. Except DE removed them, and didn't bring in any replacement as orokin derelict and the invasions have different enemy spawn tables. Your best bet is to wait for alerts with infested as opponents as those may retain original spawn tables.

I see a lot of crawlers doing infestation event MD missions (the best tileset is Corpus Outpost). So long as your team doesn't have a Nova and stays on the terminal, you'll have plenty of time to scan them as they approach. Take a Vauban (bastille) or Excalibur (radial blind stun) if you have trouble tracking them as they move.

From my experience, nauseous crawlers tend to show up on lower level missions (eg. Earth - I finished mine last Friday on the livestream potato alert missions) and lobber crawlers in medium level missions (Europa, I think). I did my electric crawlers on a 105 wave derelict defence - as you get further along, you have time to scan them even while your team-mates are lobbing Ogris rockets everywhere.

The big issue is that DE didn't do anything to adjust the entries after they removed infested planets from the maps. So, before you could just run a mission multiple times with a high spawn rate and get all the ones you needed in about an hour of grinding. Now, the only way you can get them is through invasion, orokin derelicts, and alerts. And I haven't even seen any toxic or nauseous crawlers outside anything but infested alerts.

Simply put, they added an additional form of RNG and grinding onto what was uncommon enemies (turning them into rarer spawns) and failed to adjust the scan numbers to reflect that change.

Edited by Zyion