Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan Downgrade To Lower Tier

Instinction

Before you all start screaming about people taking advantage of that and whatever else, hear me out.

I suggest a ONE TIME ONLY downgrade, after which you will be able to increase your clan size again, but once you do after you've already downgraded to a lower tier, you'll never be able to downgrade again.

Why do I suggest this?

Well simply it's because A LOT of clans got stuck at higher tiers do to the huge influx of people looking to get into clans when they first came out.

Here was the issue: All clan recruitment ads were posted in ONE thread, therefore the people that bumped their ad the most got the most hits, which in turn kept their ad at the top of the page, gaining more and more hits. So a lot of clans got an overabundance of members, to which there was no downside since there were no clan tiers.

Here's where the issue came in.

After the clans came out and that whole bit passed, the game nearly about died. There was no one hardly playing and you couldn't really tell who was active and who wasn't.

Eventually clan tiers were announced. We were told a certain number of members equaled a certain tier which in turn meant a certain cost to resources on dojo productions. Well we still didn't have that "hover-over" tool that we have now that tells us when a clan member was last online.

Not wanting to get rid of any players who might be active, many clans kept all their players.

Well this left a lot of clans in higher tiers with only a few active members.

So after we got the "hover-over" tool we got rid of those inactive members who hadn't been on for months, only to realize to our dismay that there was no actual way to downgrade our clan tier.

This left us paying the price of a higher tier clan with less than that tiers number players.

Now recruiting is harder than ever because the recruitment forums are divided into subsections with most new players wanting to join a huge mountain clan or moon clan because they assume those will have the most active members and the most benefits. And their right because the smaller storm clans, shadow clans, and ghost clans are stuck.

So the bigger clans get bigger and the smaller clans get stuck with resource payments higher than the tiers they should actually be in because they lost so many active players when the game died down.

So as previously stated, I believe there should be a one time downgrade option.

I really don't think this can be abused as much as people think it can be.

Anyways, apologies for the wall of text.

TL;DR: Clans need a one time downgrade option due to being stuck in clan tiers they shouldn't be in.

Or, you know, you could just ask support to downgrade your clan. If your explanation is reasonable, like having built larger clan halls before the dojo costs were based around them, support will be happy to help you at least once. Make sure your member list doesn't exceed the limit of players you want support to downgrade your tier to, though.

Agreed, especially lately that many people are quiting the game and clans are becoming empty, but the resources cost is still there.

At the end of the day, some may have decided they did a mistake by upgrading, so why not have a chance to fix it?

Or, you know, you could just ask support to downgrade your clan. If your explanation is reasonable, like having built larger clan halls before the dojo costs were based around them, support will be happy to help you at least once. Make sure your member list doesn't exceed the limit of players you want support to downgrade your tier to, though.

I'm pretty sure support does not help downgrade clans. I think it is also mentioned on the wiki page.

you didnt get "stuck" at a higher tier; it was a deliberate choice made by all clans. recruitment is all about grabbing as many bodies as possible, next to no thought is given to retention. just like real life where new customers get sweet deals and current customers get little to nothing.

This wouldn't have been an issue if rooms themselves were Tiered and we had to "Buy Upgrades" for them.

If Clan was too high a Tier a Tile of a lower Tier would shutdown (blue out) until they were paid into a higher Tier status. This would prevent price abuse as a clan that Starts big and contracts doesn't have an issue (rooms are higher Tier).

Clans that start small and grow have to "Buy Up" instead of getting off building everything on the cheap when Small (10 or less) and then inviting everyone in.

Giving rooms Tiers fixes the expansion/contraction issue and helps balance out Dojo construction at all tiers.

Edited by Brasten

you didnt get "stuck" at a higher tier; it was a deliberate choice made by all clans. recruitment is all about grabbing as many bodies as possible, next to no thought is given to retention. just like real life where new customers get sweet deals and current customers get little to nothing.

This point was addressed but I'll say it again.

BEFORE clan tiers, you are right, it was all about grabbing as many bodies as possible.

But when they announced clan tiers we didn't know WHICH PLAYERS TO RETAIN, as there was no tooltip saying when a person was last active at the time.

This wouldn't have been an issue if rooms themselves were Tiered and we had to "Buy Upgrades" for them.

If Clan was too high a Tier a Tile of a lower Tier would shutdown (blue out) until they were paid into a higher Tier status. This would prevent price abuse as a clan that Starts big and contracts doesn't have an issue (rooms are higher Tier).

Clans that start small and grow have to "Buy Up" instead of getting off building everything on the cheap when Small (10 or less) and then inviting everyone in.

Giving rooms Tiers fixes the expansion/contraction issue and helps balance out Dojo construction at all tiers.

So with my ghost clan I can build everything in dojo then upgrade to shadow without any extra costs? Is that how it works now?

So with my ghost clan I can build everything in dojo then upgrade to shadow without any extra costs? Is that how it works now?

I believe he is saying that if you did that, every room you built as a ghost clan would "gold out" until you deposited the difference in resources for each room.

Because at this point that is exactly what you can do as there is no premise to upsizing other than the construction of the "Shadow Hall" room or whatever it's called.

Edited by Instinction