The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

What Kind Of Godly Computers Are These New Updates Requiring?

Buddhakingpen

Now i dont have the BEST pc, but back in update 7 when i started, i could get around 50-60 fps, while playing with one or two other people, no matter how busy things got, at max settings with 1600x900 full screen resolution (just my preferred res).

Since update 11, If theres more than one other person playing with me, and sometimes, even solo, the game consistently dips to around 25 and even as low as 14 fps... what gives? nothing is worse about my computer. I can play most other games at max settings and get at LEAST 30 fps. But Its gotten so bad now that I put the resolution down to 1280x720 in windowed mode, with all of the settings on low.. and i'm STILL dropping down to 20 fps...albeit, maybe 20 percent less.

My rig is a 

Core I3-3225 3.3 Ghz

8 gigs of ram

1gig radeon7700 graphics card

after some reading, i've seen that people say they can run it consistently above 30 fps at max settings with a worse rig.. so can someone help me?

Edited by Buddhakingpen

Hmm.

I suspect that it may have to do with Multithreaded Rendering being enabled by default from the launcher. Try disabling it (and Runtime Tesselation from in game) to see if that makes any noticeable difference.

Also seeing that you're running an i3, I suggest checking to see if your OS is parking your CPU core(s). Although i3 CPus usually only have two physical cores (and two logical cores because hyperthreading), if your OS is parking the second core then it could negatively impact performance.

You can check to see if your OS is parking your CPU cores by using the Unpark CPU Application over at Coder Bag (just google "CPU Unpark", it will be the first result).

So, I have that strange problem too, but when I alt-tab out and in again ONCE while playing, I get my 60 FPS. Im playing with some intel i7, Nvidia 460 GTS and 16 gigs of RAM. I have no idea what could cause this.

That is the ram on your video card being forced to flush when alt tabbing.  To reduce the need, reduce the texture size in game to help or changed the driver from quality to performance.

Your 460 GTS used to be a good card but no longer and probably has 1-1.5 gig of Vram, even with my 470GTX with 3 gig of Vram I have to reduce the settings for this game.

That is the ram on your video card being forced to flush when alt tabbing.  To reduce the need, reduce the texture size in game to help or changed the driver from quality to performance.

Your 460 GTS used to be a good card but no longer and probably has 1-1.5 gig of Vram, even with my 470GTX with 3 gig of Vram I have to reduce the settings for this game.

2 gigs, also why reduce stuff if i have costant 60 FPS when only alt-tabbing once?^^ Max settings of course.

Genoscythe because your bottle neck is your 7 year old video card, they handled games well in 2007-09 but not current games at maximum settings.  Ok you have a better cpu etc but your video card can't keep up.

I have:

Phenom 9950 @ 2.6

4 gig ram

470 GTX with 3 gig of Vram

With that I have to turn all the good stuff off to guarantee steady FPS, simply down to its age.  I will have to do what you did and get a new base unit motherboard/cpu/case but until I get a new video card, my 470 GTX would slow it down and be a bottle neck with current games.

well, i've tried everything suggested on this page except making the support ticket... sigh... i dont really want to though... Maybe i'll just wait for it to leave beta to play more consistently again :( ... I've spent at least 40 bucks on this game too... i havent done that on any game in almost ten years... this sucks.

well, i've tried everything suggested on this page except making the support ticket... sigh... i dont really want to though... Maybe i'll just wait for it to leave beta to play more consistently again :( ... I've spent at least 40 bucks on this game too... i havent done that on any game in almost ten years... this sucks.

Oh don't quit! Aleast get rid of these settings: Lower your defintion, turn off detph of field and local reflections. That should improve your game play.

Oh don't quit! Aleast get rid of these settings: Lower your defintion, turn off detph of field and local reflections. That should improve your game play.

I already turned every bell and whistle off, and put everything on low, with 1280x720 res. I used to run this around 60 with everything turned on at higher resolution until update 11.

OP can you run a 3D mark?

I dont have a 3d mark. is there a free version?

well i ran a 3dmark demo and found out that maybe its just my graphics card?  everything runs smooth and over 60-70 fps and as high as 500 something fps, but when it comes to physics my computer cant deal. on the firestorm test it chugged at 7fps. I'm figuring since warframe has so many physics, maybe thats why?

have you tried defragging the game?