Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trolling Afk Player

ExorcistEX

Marked a random mod and claimed it is a rare mod such as Jagged Edge ( p.s Rare 5 wont work all the time) or resources such as Orokin Cell/Neural Sensors.

You can see him rushing to where we marked. :P

Not working all the time but so far, 60% of AFK player fall into it. :P

and not sure is it bugged or what but the Harvester targeted an AFK...(after the last screen flickering, it took about 30 secs to kill him so I guess it is a Harvester as Stalker would have kill him less than 10secs if the target is not moving)

PS, there is no point for switch teleport or etc as this is the invasion mission.

Edited by ExorcistEX

Was doing this earlier today during the countdown to extraction during invasion missions. Marked a rubbish mod and claimed it was a rare. Just as we extracted I saw the AFK person type "F***".

Made my morning. 

Edit: Also do this to people who decide to extract early on survival missions, while they're all sitting waiting to be extracted I'll mark a 'rare' mod. On a few occasions there's actually been a rare mod too, which made it even better. 

Edited by Ground.Zero

afk is a huge issue in survival especially. And defenses. Guys go eat a sandwich while everyone busts their &#! and they come back to free loot with no negatives other than bad stats (who cares?). So yeah DE u wanna nerf stuff? How about fix team selection and afk players first

Really the only map you can truly hose AFKers on is defense. Then, if you can communicate with the others, you get up to wave 20 or 30, pick continue, then all switch to exit when the counter hits a half second stranding the dude there to fend for himself.

Everything else you do isn't much punishment, unfortunately.  I just screenshot them, write the names down to make them miserable later if I encounter them, and report them to DE. Hopefully, if they get reported enough for the same BS, something will actually get done.

Surprised we haven't had the "why let it bother you?" people pipe in yet.  Because having a quarter of your manpower f*ck off in a 30 minute survival is somehow supposed to be insignificant.

question does it make me a A.F.K'er if i got a life? got something come up? people have real lives; dont like it? tough. and the way D.E. works now a days they would just make people P.O'd. 

alot of you dont think before you type and alot of you have to realize people are behind the other side of the screen.

Marked a random mod and claimed it is a rare mod such as Jagged Edge ( p.s Rare 5 wont work all the time) or resources such as Orokin Cell/Neural Sensors.

You can see him rushing to where we marked. :P

Not working all the time but so far, 60% of AFK player fall into it. :P

and not sure is it bugged or what but the Harvester targeted an AFK...(after the last screen flickering, it took about 30 secs to kill him so I guess it is a Harvester as Stalker would have kill him less than 10secs if the target is not moving)

PS, there is no point for switch teleport or etc as this is the invasion mission.

Was doing this earlier today during the countdown to extraction during invasion missions. Marked a rubbish mod and claimed it was a rare. Just as we extracted I saw the AFK person type "F***".

Made my morning. 

Edit: Also do this to people who decide to extract early on survival missions, while they're all sitting waiting to be extracted I'll mark a 'rare' mod. On a few occasions there's actually been a rare mod too, which made it even better. 

Pure gold.....

RRnhhqW.gif

question does it make me a A.F.K'er if i got a life? got something come up? people have real lives; dont like it? tough. and the way D.E. works now a days they would just make people P.O'd. 

alot of you dont think before you type and alot of you have to realize people are behind the other side of the screen.

Yes it does if you sit there afk for a whole mission it also makes you scum. I have a life too and it is the easiest thing in the world to exit out of a match so that someone else can join the group I can't help with. Then again I'm not a completely selfish jerk and know how to be polite. The whole I have a life excuse is total bs, exit out just cause you have a life doesn't entitle you to rewards you don't work for.

If however you mean wandering off to use the bathroom or something, announcing you're going afk and coming back in a reasonable amount of time then no. I've not met anyone who had issue with that.

The only thing is they can at least write " guys gotta get a call/go to the bathroom/take my dog out" or w/e but they DON'T