Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So... Update 11.9.

tatcher

Its really simple if you look at it this way.

They needed to fill the 11.9 number before the 12.

They made up an "event"

They gathered up some garbage and put it up as the great reward.

Seriously though whats with that mod ? Who would use it anyway? Even if it can be used in that new warframe, with the limited mod slots i doubt anyone would use it.

This event looks like my highschool homework hueuhehue

Edit: Which i did god knows how many years ago but i sill remember how crappy it was

I fully agree with you, so many people are saying ''It will be so useful for the new frame cause he can fly'' ( Even though we don't know if he can yet... ) And even so, one mod slot for taking reduced damage while airborne sounds like a mod no one will EVER use, just like Intruder.

it can clearly be seen as a 'mini-event', which if doesn't hit major hitches can become a more present part of Warframe, with mini-events here and there, a good way to introduce new content.

and if you thought Magnus was 'Weak', i think you need to start comparing it to other Weapons. since it's downright Power Creep compared to the 'other' Revolver.

but... you made a thread doing the same thing. 

honestly, it just sounds like you're disappointed you don't have a new SWraith or Brakk or Detron or Soma or Prime Equipment to get that's better than everything else.

I didn't insult anyone, and no I didn't expect a new powerful very detailed weapon, I could've gone with a badge and not 1 but maybe 3 USEFUL mods, unlike that Aviator mod.

We'll be getting a new "Air" type frame. This mod is most likely a hint to one of its skills.

If the frame can fly, I can already imagine flying 24/7 thanks to the corrupted mods we have. So a damage reduction could be useful.

I think the mod will be forgotten even if the new Warframe can fly.

oh yeah. another week for DE to get us a better U12. How evil they are....

Airborne mod damage reduction. Oh hey, we dont get a frame with hawk/flight theme, right? It´s not that this frame might get a flying ability

and this mod is especially for him, right?

Strong. So so strong...

I didn't call them evil.

The new mod will most likely be useless and forgotten even if it's for this new Warframe that MIGHT be able to fly.

The new mod will most likely be useless and forgotten even if it's for this new Warframe that MIGHT be able to fly.

what about so many other Mods that were used in Events? Equillibrium is basically forgotten, almost nobody uses it. does that make it useless? no, it's far from that actually. for some players it's amazing.

rather then, some of the Mods showcased in past events you're comparing to like Lethal Torrent - shouldn't exist at all. there's no reason why Sidearms which mostly have higher Damage than Primaries to start with, should have Triplex shots, while Rifles don't even have a reliable Double.

not every Mod needs to add Damage to be useful.

Well, let's say it's a double affinity week end hidden behind a really thin grind wall (and yeah, you can complete it in like 2-3 hours).

No but seriously, it's just a double affinity week end introducing another ressource we'll, from now, have to farm. Because, as it has been said, "we didn't have enough ressources yet".

That's all. Those Ospreys are dumber than standard Osprey. We get a ressources that is "a metal lighter than air" because we will soon have a "air based frame". So, if someday we have a Water-based frame, should we expect farming some water elements too?

I'm sorry I'm just getting more bitter everyday.

That's 20 minutes of Grinding and Farming my friend.

I can see your point but i'll disagree. It's event that can be done by normal playing - Xini, Kappa, any Survival map - "everyday Warframe activities". Maybe it's just my definition of grind, but if you were here while we had to kill Kril 50 times to get frost systems, you can understand while "just playing" 1-2 hours does not fit my "grind" definition, and barely fits "farming".

Plus it is good way to check:

a) is this reward-after-event script working

b) is spawn-rate of those new drones and drop rate of Oxium acceptable

And it gives microscopic amount of Lore. And I'm lore-hungry.

Edited by SabreUr

what about so many other Mods that were used in Events? Equillibrium is basically forgotten, almost nobody uses it. does that make it useless? no, it's far from that actually. for some players it's amazing.

rather then, some of the Mods showcased in past events you're comparing to like Lethal Torrent - shouldn't exist at all. there's no reason why Sidearms which mostly have higher Damage than Primaries to start with, should have Triplex shots, while Rifles don't even have a reliable Double.

not every Mod needs to add Damage to be useful.

I never said a mod needs to add damage to be useful.

How this S#&$ got 18 upvotes, I'll never know.

Where the hell does entitlement come into play?

I find it almost hilarious when people throw that word around.

I've yet to see a single person on these forums use it in the correct way.

Polarizing comments attract similar responses. OP made a snarky post and got a snarky reply.

"Self entitled" actually is used correctly in this instance. As the sarcasm in the OP comment suggests the OP felt they were due something more than they actually got.

Whether that's true or not is anybody's guess, of course.

Sarcasm is a double edged blade in that way.

Of course, they could just be trolling...

I never said that those who disagree with me should go away, I said that if you are to INSULT me ( Which killdamnzade did ) then I don't see why you are here at all.

I'm not all negative and I said that my PERSONAL experience with the Magnus is bad.

Yes the Event may be fun for others. ( Even though collecting resources is hard to believe to be fun )

Oh good point. I somehow kind of misunderstood it.

However, as I said, it is probably the way you said it.

I also find hard to believe farming is fun.

Perhaps we will get a better event later with U12    :D

At least they brought out something with all of the stuff they're trying to implement. 

They're giving back to the community by offering a new weapon with what it feels like every week to every other week and new content rather rapidly.

I've seen other free to play games that put out their game, then don't give anything back, and sometimes take up to months just to fix a few important issues. 

The Magnus isn't your cup of tea, so you wouldn't like the dual Magnus. That's understandable.

Me and every one of my friends that play saw that weapon, got it, used it, maxed it, potatoe'd it, forma'd it and forma'd it again (without realizing that there might be a dual sometime down the road. That's our fault. Whatever. Get new forma. The world keeps spinning.) are happy to get a dual variant. 

Honestly? I guess just be thankful they even care about all of the people who play and not just the people who give generous patronage to the game! Not every day you find a game like this with a healthy, fun and really REALLY nice community that doesn't absolutely suck. *coughAPBcough*

Something will come out that'll make ya happy. You'll see!

Also FTP. Hard to complain about such high quality content to a game especially when anyone can pick it up and play immediately without having to pay out the arse for it. 

Did I also mention you can get roughly 90% of the game's content simply by playing alone leaving only a few aesthetic items and a few stat-changing items to be bought with money? Cause that's kind of a nice thing too.

Edited by Lightwire

-snip

New doesnt necessarily means something good. Just like the cicero event which was a flower farming , this event is another farming galore.

People are complaining because its another grinding mission. 

And the reward looks pretty much useless. Even if it was useful, with the current mod capacity i doubt anyone would actually try to use it.