Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To De: Akmagnus

Vanhline

There was a mistake made, but it's on the other end of the spectrum from where you guys are looking. DE Staff have already made a post admitting that they forgot to get rid of a 2x multiplier. It's in the "Recent DE Posts" log. You can all go look at it. It was never meant to be released with an 88 attack power. It was only meant to have 44 to begin with.

Furthermore, regarding the matter of refunds... Have any of you guys tried sending in support tickets detailing your situation and asking for a refund because of it? Because I'm pretty sure that's the recommended course from this point.

The double damage makes no sense.  There just isn't a physical reason why holding two of the same weapon, one in each hand would increase the damage of either of them.  They should have double the fire rate of the single handed variant.

Ah, yes, of course people will want dual weapons if they suck.  Of course.

firing two bullets would do double the amount of damage of one bullet would it not?

basically what the stats would say is, your firing just as fast-with each gun. makes perfect sense.

you all signed up for this beta testing. things are continously being edit and change. there is no guarantee that the stuff you bought wont change.. stop whining

i didnt buy anything, im in the process of building. and im not whining "this is a beta" and part of being constructive in a beta is feedback.

To those still unclear on this - the damage tweak isn't a nerf - it's a bug fix. Otherwise known as correcting something that popped up that the devs overlooked / wasn't intended.

On the topic of double damage...The fact that when you fire the Akmagnus, each gun alternates in firing with each gun having the same rate of fire as the single version - effectively doubling the rate of fire. 

Sounds like the Akmagnus does double the amount of damage to me...

the weapon needed a nerf, but now it's just slightly better than the single magnus with lower ammo efficiency, they should probably buff them by a reasonable mount, even if they just put the crit chance and multiplier on par with the magnus

it didnt "need" a nerf, if you do the math on it with the 88 damage, its still far from the best pistols.

basically what they did was change it from a good pistol into a bad pistol used mainly for mastery fodder; there complete lack input on any of the many threds started on this topic likely means we are just going to be ignored.

it didnt "need" a nerf, if you do the math on it with the 88 damage, its still far from the best pistols.

88*8,3= 730 basedps, assuming makroed and you're actually believing the codex. since the magnus has 45 basedmg (as stated in the wiki) it's more likely that they had 90 basedmg

90*8,3=747

let's take the brakk in comparison

150*5,0=750

so yeah, 3 basedps less than the brakk, that's @(*()$ op for a weapon w/o range cap

something between 60 and 70 dmg per hit would make it a top tier weapon, it would still do more than enough damage. or like already mentioned put it's basedmg up to 90 and lower the firerate to match the regular magnus, i would even prefer that solution, and it would benefit players w/o makros.

base dam

88*8,3= 730 basedps, assuming makroed and you're actually believing the codex. since the magnus has 45 basedmg (as stated in the wiki) it's more likely that they had 90 basedmg

90*8,3=747

let's take the brakk in comparison

150*5,0=750

so yeah, 3 basedps less than the brakk, that's @(*()$ op for a weapon w/o range cap

something between 60 and 70 dmg per hit would make it a top tier weapon, it would still do more than enough damage. or like already mentioned put it's basedmg up to 90 and lower the firerate to match the regular magnus, i would even prefer that solution, and it would benefit players w/o makros.

lol, DPS has a few extra factors over just base*speed

that's just the weapons basedps w/o mods, and it was overkill... it's hypocrisy to say it was balanced, it was as balanced as the brakk without falloff

if you actually run the math on its COMPLETE build, even with the 88dmg it wouldnt be anywhere near the 27-30k DPS the brakk offers.

but this is beside the point, im not trying to just get the dmg put back to where it was,

im not saying it needs to be the best pistol in the game either,

im just saying boosting the ATTACK speed on a semi auto wep that already fires faster then the average person can click is just stupid and the buff should have gone into different stats. 

Edited by Vanhline

also in terms of fire rate, this is a semi-auto weapon, not a full auto wep, so any fire rate over 9 rounds per second in completely wasted when clicking by hand. so if you want to take advantage of the 13.28 rate of fire you get after equipping lethal torrent(a required mod for any pistol) your wasting the the whole attack speed bonus you get UNLESS your using a macro to achieve consistent full rate of fire speeds. this in its self tells us that the weapon is inherently, at its core, broken.

i think the fallowing needs to take place for this weapon:

the fire rate increase needs to be removed entirely as it is wasted on this weapon. in place of fire rate the base attack damage should be un-nurfed back to its 88 base damage amount. 

twice the base damage in place of twice the base fire rate has the same effect as base value damage. however, this allows you to mod the weapon with greater synergy and not have to rely on a macro from third party software like your Logitech drivers to be able to fire at full speed consistently. this would also make the weapon more ammo efficient.

This bit seems... flawed.

You can set your fire's secondary button to be wheel up or down, which should allow you to better utilize the faster fire rate.  No macro needed.  Obviously, that will suck for console players, but such is life.  Weapons will differ in effectiveness based on whose hands they are in.

A 60% firing rate increase mod does not justify a 100% increase in damage.  At most, 60%.  And even that would be bad, because of people who do macro, less impact on recoil, increased ammo efficiency, and it being a better weapon for people who don't have that mod.  30-35% is probably the most that would be justified/realistic.

You're also wanting this pistol to be something it isn't.  Mastery rank is 0, if the Wiki is correct.

Should it have some advantages over the single version?  Sure, because it requires a lot more components to craft.  But it shouldn't be drastically better.

Edited by Axterix13

care to elaborate? sure the reload speed might make a difference but almost nothing takes a whole brakk clip or would take a whole pre-nerf-akmagnus clip, so i was looking at dps per clip. enligthen me please (i'm totally serious, no trolling here)

alright so keep in mind in my suggestion i stated if the 88 were to be braught back that they rate of fire should be reduced to fall in line with the originals 5.8 attack speed.

when the math is done, base mods, static crit modifiers, fire changes and such. 

the burst damage on the brakk is 65k

the burst damage on the altered akmagnus would be 30k

after reload efficiency

the brak depending how how you build it will be 27-30k DPS

my altered akmagnus would be doing about 18,300 DPS no where near the brakk

at max build the altered akmagnus will do about 3200 per shot vs the brakk doing over 8000 per shot.

so they way i wanted it to be changed would make it a good pistol, not as good as the brakk but a good pistol.

Edited by Vanhline

on a side note, the DPS was effected a great deal by the 11.9.2 change, it does just under 14k DPS now.

this may not be as good as it could have been, we're still waiting allot of potential and the needlessly buffed fire rate but im glad DE listened to the players and gave it a bump.

Edited by Vanhline