Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Ammo Packs De-Spawn

ClockworkLegacy

Mine doesn't suffer even in the least bit...I like going around picking up ammo that's been laying there for a long time.

It doesn't bother me either. But I don't want to lose players over a frame rate issue that can be easily avoided. Just make them despawn after say 2 minutes, that's plenty of time to pick up any ammo you need, whilst not ruining frame rates for players with weaker hardware.

I think its funny that this wasn't a problem until the endless defense missions :P. Does this fall under the law of unintended consiqunces?

+1

They do need to despawn, or rather packs for ammo that you aren't using need to despawn quickly. Part of the issue in the defense missions is that the other two kinds of ammo begin stacking up very quickly and you can't really get rid of it. If your using a rifle you end up with lost of Green and Purple Ammo packs lying about, and a good helping of orange. It gets even worse if your using a Sniper weapon since rifle and shotgun ammo tends to drop far more often then sniper packs.

It's honestly only the defense missions. I'm running a 7970 and still start losing a substantial amount of frames around wave 15 of valefor, my buddy using a laptop 670 card loses a fair amount more. I dont even want to know how bad it's going to be for somone already playing on medium..

There should be a cap on the number of ammo spawns that are present in the level, and old ones should get removed as new ones are added.

It would also make sense to actually drop ammo (and mods for that matter) in the same proportion as the kinds of weapons that are being used. That's another way to keep the number of entities spawned into the game down. By not spawning unnecessary ones.

Hardly anyone uses shotgun ammo, so why does it need to drop in such huge amounts all of the time? If no-one is using a shotgun, it shouldn't be spawning at all. When they pull out their shotgun and start needing to replenish ammo, then is the right time to start spawning it.

Edited by polarity

Should just make it despawn the ammo you can't use with the weapons you currently have equiped, so you still are able to get the ammo you missed without having to worry about it despawning. I personally have never had any issues with the game running at max but I see the issue with lower end systems. Or make an option in the menu for draw distance of pickups or draw number.

Edited by Vashramire