Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Dmg Cards

Jasonjlx

I usually main an Excal/Ash frame based around Melee Dmg, I used to have very high Melee Dmg %. I have run across the Melee Dmg card for swords, haven't seen melee dmg card for the warframe slot though. Anyone see them yet? Esp since we can't stack the same mods, I hope they didn't take it out of the game. I need all the melee dmg I can get!

Don't worry, I'm pretty sure it's still in the game.

or in otherwords no one has found it yet... I have tried boss grinding, others have tried crazy things, I have even tried Alerts... I have yet to find anything like it... If you do find it though tell us the name of the card, and by how much it increases.

or in otherwords no one has found it yet... I have tried boss grinding, others have tried crazy things, I have even tried Alerts... I have yet to find anything like it... If you do find it though tell us the name of the card, and by how much it increases.

Pretty much what he said.

im gonna take a long shot here and actually say that it's probably been removed

since there is no more mod stacking and the new cards go way higher than most old mods did

say goodbye to the good old days of stacking 3+ 70% melee dmg mods on yer frame and fire rate on the weapon

So far Melee Dmg mods for Warframes don't exist.

The melee dmg mods for melee weapons are insanely bad atm.

+7% per rank maxing at +42%? lol I actually already farmed the +42% one and don't even use it. (Don't ask me how I got so many Pressure Point Cards, but I didn't use anything else to upgrade it with)

Melee weapons are just so bad now. Only good for stun locking ancients by spamming charged attacks now.

You're kidding right? I already have a +100% charge damage mod on my swords, not to mention upwards to +100% damage worth of elemental mods, and a +30% crit damage thats only level 1. Don't know about you, but I'm absolutely wrecking mobs with my melee.

I didn't really want to build up charge attacking though. Invis time is very limited as it is to sit there charging up. I guess I could try it out with maybe the fang or zorens properly moded.

Lorias what wep are you using?

Dual heat swords. I really don't have to charge up any attack when I'm fighting infected, and I can pretty much one shot most of the ancients in 15-20 areas with smoke screen. Doubled with Shade, I don't even need to use smoke screen most of the time when in grineer or corpus maps, and since dual head swords can hit multiple enemies that are packed together, like a lot of grineer and corpus are, it makes quick work of groups if I do take the time to charge it up. Keeping in mind that the only mod I've honestly touched to any degree has been the charge damage mod, so there is still a ton ton more improvement I can make on these things. I've also not found a mod to reduce charge up time yet, so I can imagine things will be even better when I get my hands on that.

I also have smokescreen up to max with my power duration to +10%. I get a fairly lengthy smokescreen one way or another and can usually take out a pack of high priority targets within one use. Once I get power efficiency to 30%, I'll be golden.

Edited by Lorias

I havn't had the time or money to make the fangs with upgrading mods.

Assuming the swords have the same stats as they use to (and havn't been subject to a massive balance change like other weapons) the charge damage should be about 150 and normal damage about 30.

I can melee a boss down pretty fast. Do note though, I havn't tried to take on things like the Hyena head on because I'm not a bloody idiot haha. I still need to up some shields and get a health mod before I attempt something like that. I have gone head to head with the golem (and got out with an inch of my life due to direct health damage) and wrecked half it's health in under 10 seconds.

Plasma Sword with 100% charge dmg, 40% charge speed, 30% fire damage and 15% ap damage is godly. 2-shotting Vor with Loki. Still working on oneshotting though, sword is only level 15 atm.

I just shed a tear. I had a plasma sword and sold it for mod monies the first day of the patch.

...then I started to realize how awesome my dual heat swords were becoming and immediately regretted it.

I needed my crack money!

I just shed a tear. I had a plasma sword and sold it for mod monies the first day of the patch.

...then I started to realize how awesome my dual heat swords were becoming and immediately regretted it.

I needed my crack money!

Don't worry, I think Furax has even more charge dmg, it's just that I don't like it's visual style, and Plasma with orange energy color and fire effect is so coool :3

Don't worry, I think Furax has even more charge dmg, it's just that I don't like it's visual style, and Plasma with orange energy color and fire effect is so coool :3

Yeah...when I realized the colour codes were actually sticking...

I had to go to a corner for a while after that.

EDIT - And just like that, I went to the alerts out of couriosity. 3 minutes left on a plasma sword alert.

My lucky day.

Edited by Lorias

I don't think the values of the melee damage card are what they intended them to be. Charge damage mods max out at +150%, melee damage mods max at +42%. This makes normal attacks totally worthless compared to charge. Before, charge attacks were competitive with normal even with the +melee damage frame mods. I really hope they reexamine the balance between the two, as my fully upgraded melee attack rate and damage cards are gathering dust while I use half upgaded charge attack mods instead.

normal attacks are only worth using on daggers now, because they ignore armor... this Nerf7 has removed a lot of different build options not expanded them... simply down to the fact that people load up on 1 skill [which ever is most useful to there play style and then dump the rest in with shield and hp whatever mods.