Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Orokin Cells More Common (3 Hours 1 Cell)

Mirriky

Ran bosses and survivals for hours and got 1 cell from a god damn locker.

I was considering just buying them but not any more simply out of spite, this is horrible. Also put damage indicators on krill's backpack to make it feel as if I am doing something, there are times I don't even know if I am shooting the right spot (ruk does not have this issue because I can see when I damage him)

Yeah, I agree. I farmed Kiste, Ceres and Mimas, Saturn for almost two weeks straight using Nekros with a Desecrate build. I got almost no Orokin Cells to show for my effort.

How the hell am I going to build all this Orokin Tech gear I have?

DE, I beg you; Pleeeeease add Orokin Cells into the Orokin Void.

Ok, I am going to start doing derelict runs then.

Yes the RNG gods hate me when it comes to components but I have had incredible luck with other things, I get both the good and bad. However with Zachles (great name) above me, I am clearly not the only one. Saturn and Ceres are two planets which have the items listed yet I never manage to receive any.

Anyway, thanks a heap for your suggestions, I have looked around a lot for ideal places but for some reason never saw the derelicts mentioned once.

(Kril is still an issue however.)

Update: another ~3 hours on derelicts = 1 cell

Yes I am a little pissed off for almost wasting my night on this game.

I put in the effort, I am not going to enjoy it very much if I don't get something out of it. (and no, no new corrupted mods)

I wish they were a tad more common too, grinding 15 of them for the Dakra was depressing (though not as depressing as getting the Dakra parts).

Just keep an eye on the invasion rewards.

EDIT: And market prices for them is f*cking absurd, along with the prices for all the other materials.

Edited by Shifty_Shuffler

Ran bosses and survivals for hours and got 1 cell from a god damn locker.

I was considering just buying them but not any more simply out of spite, this is horrible. Also put damage indicators on krill's backpack to make it feel as if I am doing something, there are times I don't even know if I am shooting the right spot (ruk does not have this issue because I can see when I damage him)

The red button turns green.  A hose breaks off.  What's not obvious?

Consider doing ODAs if you want cells.  Also, farm Saturn and Ceres MDs when there's an infestation.  Take a Nekros with you.  Got 5 in one run on Kiste last time I did this.

No, I actually see what he's getting at, as I've had trouble finding the sweet spot myself. Half the time, I'll shoot the button, and nothing happens. I found that if you shoot above the button, it works magically. I dunno

Lets say for new players who have not read through the wiki,

They meet and shoot at kril but no numbers pop up so they think, "oh, guess I can't hurt him that way, lets try shooting something else". So they start shooting at his back at the light, still no numbers pop up, there is no indication this is the correct shot to shoot so they start firing at him randomly till one of the hoses pops off but no idea what it was you were meant to shoot.

I have read the wiki 4 different times when I fight am getting ready to fight him because I still have no idea if I am doing it right. I get my most powerful weapons and still takes 15 minutes at minimum to kill him, but I don't know if I am shooting the right spot. How big is this 'sweet spot', I can easily see what to shoot at generally on ruk, but I can confirm this when numbers jump off. In fact this was the only way I knew how to kill him when he got the upgrade because numbers were jumping off him.

Kril is the only enemy I know of in warframe that does not show damage aside from a minor cosmetic change which isn't even associate to a specific action.

That is probably hard to read, I don't really care. basically, *show damage numbers*

I was actually getting back into warframe again after I had left it for a while but after the orokin cell issue, I'm putting it on the shelf until the new update.

It's no fun when you get don't get a return for your efforts, that's just time wasting.

Edited by cam-o-flage20

First it was Alloy Plates, then it was Plastids, Control Modules were rare at a time too and now it's Orokin Cells. The material "shortage" meta changes quite a lot doesn't it? They're probably going to buff Ocell drops a bit more (again) or put it into a new planet/map/location.

Edited by jrkong

First it was Alloy Plates, then it was Plastids, Control Modules were rare at a time too and now it's Orokin Cells. The material "shortage" meta changes quite a lot doesn't it? They're probably going to buff Ocell drops a bit more (again) or put it into a new planet/map/location.

No, they're not going to do that. If they do, you're going to end up with everyone having 200+ orokin cells, and it will be just as flooded as control modules

They don't need to be changed

yea, I'm not asking them to be as common as control modules (I have hundreds of them after the increase), but right now I don't even call it a grind, it just simply doesn't give me any.

Edited by cam-o-flage20

No, they're not going to do that. If they do, you're going to end up with everyone having 200+ orokin cells, and it will be just as flooded as control modules

They don't need to be changed

There is a difference. You need Orokin Cells for EVERYTHING. It's not like any other rare component. You need them for weapons, for reactors, for frames, for skins, for helmets. Something that is THIS needed should not be that hard to get.

There is a difference. You need Orokin Cells for EVERYTHING. Something that is THIS needed should not be that hard to get.

It's not hard to get at all. You get a few from killing Ruk, Kril, and Lephantis. Also on any defense/survival on Saturn/Ceres/Void will net you several. Currently, I have 13 spares, and I've went out of my way to try out every prime weapon I could. 

(If only I could find Frost/Ember helmets, Grr)

Do about 10 runs, and you'll have plenty. If you're impatient, well then I have bad news for you.

It's not hard to get at all. You get a few from killing Ruk, Kril, and Lephantis. Also on any defense/survival on Saturn/Ceres/Void will net you several. Currently, I have 13 spares, and I've went out of my way to try out every prime weapon I could. 

(If only I could find Frost/Ember helmets, Grr)

Do about 10 runs, and you'll have plenty. If you're impatient, well then I have bad news for you.

You get 1.

Detron needs 10 of them. 

That's just an example. Even when farming a boss, there is no guarantee that you will even get a cell. I was watching a stream earlier on about someone farming for them. He did about 10 boss runs and got 1 Orokin Cell.

Lets say for new players who have not read through the wiki,

They meet and shoot at kril but no numbers pop up so they think, "oh, guess I can't hurt him that way, lets try shooting something else". So they start shooting at his back at the light, still no numbers pop up, there is no indication this is the correct shot to shoot so they start firing at him randomly till one of the hoses pops off but no idea what it was you were meant to shoot.

etc.

No, I agree with you that damage indicators would be very welcome on this boss.  I was speaking in the context of this particular person who knows to shoot the button already.  If you already know that you have to shoot the red button, there's a very clear indication when it's ready to bait him into doing an ice wave.  The thing turns green, and a hose breaks off.  It doesn't take much damage to do it either.  

I'm not speaking of the situation where a new player comes along to fight the guy and doesn't know what to do.