Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr Vs Napalm?

Ishki88

About her ability 1 and ability 2.

Here is a scenario.

I am Zephyr.  I see a Napalm in front of me.

I wallrun towards him. (Or Jump > Ability 1)

I jump off wall.

I activate ability 1.

I am now above him.

I activate ability 2.

Now here is where her usefulness/skill/metagame comes in play

A.  

Will she dive down and kill him?

B.

Will the Napalm/Heavy Gunner (groundslam) knock her out of her ability?

We all know the Heavies ground slam defies gravity.

OH I CAN'T WAIT.

Edited by Ishki88

She will knock him over since AFAIK there is a height limit to the ground slam. However, the animation will trigger by the time you make contact, and since once the animation starts the ground slam proceeds, you'll knock each other over.

The real competition then becomes who gets up faster, the ninja space warrior that gets back on their feet about as efficiently as a turtle, or the heavily armored soldier with 40 kg of back plating?

But doesn't the Grineer Napalm have invisibility during the Ground Slam animation?

They can take damage but you can't interrupt their GS animation.

You mean invincibility.

Yeah, I've used weapons with a ground slam attack, and if they're doing a ground slam they won't get knocked down.  It happens the same way with capture targets, so I'd figure that the Grineer Heavies would just ignore your ability, until DE changes the reaction time/priority.

If you time it correctly, the startup frames of certain abilities can ignore knockdowns. For example, if a shield lancer sneaks up on me and I can't turn around to shoot him in time, I can cast Sonic Boom right before the shield slam connects and I won't get knocked down (and in return, he will). So I imagine that if timed correctly, the dive bomb will achieve the same effect.

Dive Bomb and Napalm ground pound shockwaves clashing, though, will simply facilitiate a massive map-wide explosion decimating both allies and enemies in the level and across the entire solar system. Players in different games will be left puzzled, wondering why they suddenly fell down with nothing around them.

Grineer troops remind me of Plesioth from Monster Hunter. A napalm can groundpound from a different side of the map and still send me flying backwards. Same with Shield Lancers, except they've already run past me before starting the swing. I can't count how many times I've ran past a Shield Lancer only to bounce off an invisible wall and slide backwards into his Napalm buddy's ground pound.