Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Freeze Needs Much Larger Aoe

Vaskadar

While it's nice that you made the ability easier to aim and hit targets with, DE, the blast radius is pitiful on it, and generally only affects one target. If it could freeze multiple targets, it would be really helpful as a 1st power.

Right now, it doesn't do that.

Freeze should freeze all targets it affects in the blast radius, its blast radius is also pitifully small.

Secondly, it shouldn't have been a damage power, it should have been more focused on utility, you know, crowd control. Frozen targets should take up to 50% of their health damage before breaking, and should take twice as much damage while frozen.

I'm not even sure it has any AoE, or at least none if you don't hit a target to begin with and even then it's tiny.

Freeze was meant to be half of his defensive kit along with snow globe. 
The way I would like to see Frost is having two hybrid skills, combining both defense and offense in relative balance. Then having his defensive 'ult', and his offensive ult, he is meant to be like a battle mage, or a bruiser. High defense, high offense, low mobility, low non-defensive/CC utility(No teleports or buffs or enemy manipulations). 
Freeze would retain its current single target damage and freeze, and then create a small zone(8 metres radius say) of low DoT cold damage and slow around that target.  
Ice Wave needs to cover a wider area, maybe launch three/five out depending on mod rank at equal angles from the vertical. \|/ Kind of look.  Like an ice wave shotgun. And then linger as a pure slow trap for a duration. 

Snow globe should return to being a straight duration based skill, just with reduced duration if its that big of an issue. And enemies should be made to more aggressively approach it and enter it. Now, I know some people think it needs the health to be fair. But here's the issue with that, it's backwards to the intended purpose of the skill. The more you need snowglobe, the more useful it should be. And snowglobe is best against a large number of foes attacking a location. But Health means that its effectiveness decreases with enemy count, meaning the more enemies you have keeping you held down, the more you need a snow globe, but the less it will help you out. Bass ackwards. While against foes you don't have any trouble with, setting one up turns you into godmode turtle Frost again.

(This is one of the reasons why single target skills tend to suck, the more you need an ability to get out of a jam, the less useful a single target skill becomes. )

Avalanche, although this is probably kind of controversial, should be a target-able skill at range, maybe not the full 50 meters like a decoy, but let's say 25. I suggest this mostly because it would look way better with the new animation if he was throwing those ice balls to a targeted area instead of on top of himself and it would help carve it a niche among ults without being too powerful. Damage should happen instantly upon iceballs hitting target area, with a high chance of knockdown/stagger. 

Yep about 3-4 meters radius and there is still problem with this skill because My sentinel instant cancel freeze because he shoting enemeis, sentinel should automaticly stop shooting frozen enemies or give it Minimum duration 3 seconds.

Did you tested Avalanche with maxed Stretch? I don't know why it's working that way but it's so awesome ^^ sometimes it doesn't freeze enemies. I hope Devs will make it to avalanche without adding mod stretch and to work always.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

Because it is a projectile: sometimes it doesn't even hit at point blank range. 

I agree with the OP: either increase the area of effect substantially so that it can possibly hit multiple foes....

or just make it hitscan or make it "seek targets" or better yet -make it a "shotgun blast" -any one of these would work too.

As of right now -no one is going to use freeze.