Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

On Frost: A Few Questions

Fomiru

So, Snow Globe finally was balanced, which I appreciate.  To be fair, the ability was utterly broken in the regards of it being a 1 minute impenetrable wall that could easily be recast, so this was needed.  Have not tested this ingame yet so I don't know how much frost is hurting after this, so don't go freaking out on me just yet.

I'm curious, how are the other buffs to him?  Freeze worth using?  Avalanche?

Oh and does Snow Globe have duration still?  Because being able to be broken while having a duration might complicate my build a bit it would still be feasible to.

It still has a duration in addition to its health, and I think that they need to completely kill the duration and leave it with just health.

Then it would pretty much be an area IS, OP at lower levels and weak at higher levels without careful management.

But it is definitely better than just sitting on the pod with max efficiency + ES and hitting 3 every 15 seconds and having an invincible pod.

avalanche with negative duration actually increases the duration of the freezing effect. it takes longer for it to do damage but if you dont care about the damage, then it can be pretty awesome with max range as well. ive been trying to use freeze but i suck at it so im not sure how effective it is at slowing people. it does however get pretty long on max range. as for snowglobe, yeah im pretty sure it still has a duration, however im also fairly certain theyre still going to tweak it more as time goes by so that may change.

It still has a duration in addition to its health, and I think that they need to completely kill the duration and leave it with just health.

Then it would pretty much be an area IS, OP at lower levels and weak at higher levels without careful management.

Snow Globe and Iron Skin are too different to compare like that. Iron Skin works with infinite duration because it can't be cast multiple times. Could you imagine a field full of infinite duration snow globes that slow enemies as they pass through? You could make lines of globes from the pod to the spawns, or just stack them all on the pod... that would be even more OP than snow globe pre-U12.

From what I heard Ice Wave almost always proc's now.

Perhaps an undocumented change, anyone willing to test?

Yes, every enemy hit by Ice Wave is slowed. It really is his best CC skill, since all enemy animations are slowed including knockdowns and other attacks. I just wish that Freeze and Avalanche got CC buffs rather than damage buffs, though they both do some pretty nice damage now.

Snow Globe and Iron Skin are too different to compare like that. Iron Skin works with infinite duration because it can't be cast multiple times. Could you imagine a field full of infinite duration snow globes that slow enemies as they pass through? You could make lines of globes from the pod to the spawns, or just stack them all on the pod... that would be even more OP than snow globe pre-U12.

Yes, every enemy hit by Ice Wave is slowed. It really is his best CC skill, since all enemy animations are slowed including knockdowns and other attacks. I just wish that Freeze and Avalanche got CC buffs rather than damage buffs, though they both do some pretty nice damage now.

It'd really go a long way if it wasn't the Warframe that defined the class, but the mods.

Basically I like the idea of having multiple possible roles on a character, such as Frost being able to be modded for a defensive approach, or an offensive approach.

Both are viable, but completely different.

We really need more than four powers.

@chimp77

I honestly hadn't thought of that.

But I will say that it holds it own issues if you do that because we can't shoot through it, so its not so much that it would be super OP in that it would make enemies suddenly so much easier to kill (it would to a point but not too dramatically) but it would be more game breaking because of trolls.

Though that problem could be solved by having the "Power in use" apply to SG at that point. Limit it to one SG at a time and remove duration.

Or keep it spammable but have a duration.

Either way is fine, its just an idea that was bouncing around that seems like it would have been decent.