Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U12 Feedback From Someone Who's Been Playing Since Closed Beta

WhiteCopain

I really like this update, DE, you did a great job. Here's my view on a few things.

The Frost snow globe nerf adds more difficulty (it was way OP before), though I think it would be better to give it a resistance to a set amount of bullets rather then HP, that way it stays the same amount of useful throughout the game rather then being god mode in defense, survival, or really anything half Difficult. I think the old one was ridiculously OP, but the new one is weaker then it needs to be.

Zephyr is EXTREMELY fun to play and mess around with, but her 1/2 abilities are rough in use. I'd suggest making 1 more like a "Flight" mode. basically the same duration it is now, but a bit more control over it mid use (Soars in the direction of your camera). the 2 I would just add a bit of a delay to (make her do a front flip or something) so it's clear on what it's doing other then me just suddenly falling without understanding.

Enemy using their own abilities is awesome, I love it. Seeing enemies use Snow globe or fire abilities is a lot more interesting, though I think some visual clarity needs to happen. Fire particles are just thrown about and hard to tell if it's an ally or an enemy, same with the enemy frost abilities--- until I'm hit by them, I can't tell who is who. Some kind of visual representation would be nice (Maybe make snow globe look a bit more cybernetic so it looks more manufactured rather then born from the power of the Tenno?

Clan Dojo additions: These are all great, I like that there's a warframe specific to it and more weapons that are fun to play with in it, the only thing I dislike is that people can just platinum buy all of it. I kind of get Zephyr, but I don't like weapons being gated so much being in the Platinum store. I get you guys want/need money and I agree with that, it's just a weird thing to do after putting other Dojo weapons not in the store, and I feel it'll lead to confusion when people see platinum only weapons as a newbie, making the game look pay to win before they do research into how to get them.

All and all, these changes are a huge step in the right direction, More difficulty, more variety, more depth, more interest. It's great stuff! I hope to see a lot more come from it. My only honest real worry for the future of the game is that we've got too many areas to go to, which causes players to get stretched thin. Having 2/3 Defense missions on each planet makes it more frustrating to play with others then I would like. Maybe some kind of quick join mission type feature could be added, but all and all, I'd like to see this toned down.

EDIT: Also Dravo is awesome. I love him, add more of him :3~

Edited by WhiteCopain

I agree with quite a bit of this.

For Snowglobe, I'd personally be fine with it if it had elemental/damage resistances like our frames and enemies do.  Not to mention I feel it should either have the health or the timer, not both. Or maybe I just need to get used to it as it continues to be altered and improved.

It would also help if enemies would gather up and protect the leaders that were introduced. Met a corpus leader and it was basically a walking shield osprey since it regenerated shields, it didn't really feel like any of the corpus cared that they have this powerful dude at their side.

Good to see comments from you vets that stuck with.

I got the feeling in u6 and 7 to now, that DE really did not know what game they wanted.

Instanced dungeons with moddable guns and powerarmors.

Feel free to dissagree. Now I feel they have a plan, the whole mission structure of Darvo Alert has more soul than anything I have played so far.

Like they built arenas and corridors with bots, but no challenge or story.

Now they are filling the space with meaning, not just left4dead, deathmatch.

How do you feel about story? How has this evolved siince closed?

I got the feeling in u6 and 7 to now, that DE really did not know what game they wanted.

Feel free to dissagree. Now I feel they have a plan, the whole mission structure of Darvo Alert has more soul than anything I have played so far.

Story wise? Barely anything has changed. The tutorial gives actual context to the game, where it used to be like the mastery rooms. There's still a vast room for improvement on the story, but at the very least we have some context....Tenno still feel like the evil bad guys though in a lot of parts though.

There's still a lot of room for improvement, but I'd rather them focus on making the game interesting before difficult. The more experience they get and the more they balance the game before trying to make something challenging, the better. I'd rather get the shield/health mods nerfed, and then have content be balanced around that, rahter then content be balanced around someone with thousands of shields.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been here since the beginning of warframe. Warframe was doing such a great job with taking steps forward but the new UI visual is - simply put - terrible. The new UI locations & designs are very difficult to work with. As a result I can hardly keep track of them which isn't good if I'm on the brink of death. It would be helpful if we can choose he placement of where the UI is & the size. It's awesome how z now shows allies under your name & I love being able to see my carrier's health.

Frostie (my nickname to Frost) is my only male warframe because of how useful he is with his snowglobe. The idea of making the snowglobe have a health bar is the worst idea ever.

Extractions need to be fixed as well. First, there was no problem if you didn't make it to extraction but then all of a sudden with one of the updates if you don't make it before the timer runs out you don't get any credits & now we only have a minute to get there? It's completely unfair especially when your a Saryn or Rhino in a group full of Novas & Mags. Please make it so that there is no (for lack of a better word) "punishment" if you don't make it to extraction.

Edited by hYperRisuna

Well before it was Grineer are oppressive d0#$h&s that should be put in their place and Corpus was greedy salesmen. The Infested was more or less an attempt at an undead faction.

At least the game has some semi-healthy lore to it. Its enough for several fan concepts and freedom to theorize what the factions are actually like inside.