The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

De, I Humbly Ask For A Game Optimization

AbsolutionZero

Many people since the Cicero Crisis have gotten many performance issues.

Slowly, the game has gotten better, visually, with content (although it doesn't always work, but I'm not here to talk about that), and thus the game is needing more horsepower to play it without any problems.

The main issues that have risen are the drop in framerate and stuttering in the game. For many, the game is unplayable.

We've tried messing around with our settings, lowering graphics, turning off Multi-Threading, DirectX11, and many other things we can think of to try and get the game to run smoothly, but nothing's worked. It happens while in Solo or playing with our friends.

Personally, my computer ran the game on the highest settings so smoothly before the Cicero Crisis Patch (11.5), now, I'm plagued by constant stutters. It is only Warframe that gives me these problems. My other games run fine on highest settings.

So, I humbly ask for a long overdue Game Optimization. It would mean so much to me and players having these issues. Heck, it might even bring in new players if they knew they can run this game on a lower spec computer.

Edited by AbsolutionZero

When it comes to Game Optimization, I'd say Warframe is all over the board. From what I have encountered, the latest optimization efforts are at a 50/50 split. I see some people saying they are running the game very smoothly, while others say it has gotten worse. Oddly enough, the former comes from lower-end pc users, and the latter comes from higher-end pc users.

Edited by PsychedelicSnake

as much as i agree with you. (and i do)

i humbly submit that the netcode needs attention before anything else.

i know many who are sick and tired of crappy hosts. (and i'm sick and tired of BEING the crappy host)

upgrading your videocard / upgrading your system is much easier than forcing a regional monopoly to deploy better infrastructure.

since the last update (or two) I'm randomly crash out of the game in most cases there a lot of particle fly etc.

I'm running smooth on 60 FPS and then out of nowhere the game frezze and crash it's overloaded my GPU.

For then it happens only when there like 4 ppl casting particle intense skills and now it's like oberon's 2 and 1 and crash it's really annoying

Edit: after checking me logs it's seem like an issue with ability color (o.O weird) an physx (maybe it's the beta driver that makes my problem :X)

Edited by Fleyrion

The only problem I saw with the Cicero Crisis performance was that it was an entirely new tileset, so there appeared to be problems with enemy spawns. By the end of an antidote run, there was a serious performance drop, and notably not as many enemies as I would expect in a T2 defense, presumably because their locations were a little weird (or not even above ground).

The maps are definitely getting more complex, however. 'Back in the day' when we only had the narrow hallways of the Corpus ship, there wasn't ever a performance issue because there wasn't much of a map. Very few large rooms existed, no weather effects, simple skyboxes (just stars I think). Due to the way in which the game evolved, such as the large, complex maps and fancy warframe abilities with special effects, performance will certainly drop compared to when it all began.

I absolutely agree with the OP. DE really needs to massively focus on the optimization of the game and overhaul the netcode. Also if it's any way possible that they can start implementing DirectX 11.1 to reduce CPU bottleneck for the players that have the hardware to use it then it would also be a major upset.

I absolutely agree with the OP. DE really needs to massively focus on the optimization of the game and overhaul the netcode. Also if it's any way possible that they can start implementing DirectX 11.1 to reduce CPU bottleneck for the players that have the hardware to use it then it would also be a major upset.

so you're advocating that DE push warframe to DX11.1 (windows 8 only iirc)?

i don't know about you, but there's nothing on earth that would convince me to install that piece of gosa on good hardware i paid for.

so you're advocating that DE push warframe to DX11.1 (windows 8 only iirc)?

i don't know about you, but there's nothing on earth that would convince me to install that piece of gosa on good hardware i paid for.

DirectX 11.1 3D hardware accelerated extensions [which can be used for games] are available on Windows 7 if it's up-to-date.

With Windows 8 you get D3D 11.1 2D hardware accelerated extensions aswell but those are not needed for a video game, especially warframe.

Edited by ProxySDK

DirectX 11.1 3D hardware accelerated extensions [which can be used for games] are available on Windows 7 if it's up-to-date.

With Windows 8 you get D3D 11.1 2D hardware accelerated extensions aswell but those are not needed for a video game, especially warframe.

good to know. i'm a 'nix user with a windows gaming rig. and i totally don't give a damn about windows from a work perspective. (and haven't for over a decade)

as much as i'd love to see warframe optimized for graphics and performance, i'm far more concerned about the overall playable experience. and the best thing DE could do to improve that would be to fix host election (by adding in a maximum bandwidth test to either login or match start to weight who get's chosen to host) and/or reducing netcode bloat.

as i said above, upgrading your desktop / gaming rig is far easier than upgrading your 'net connection in many cases. (especially in the US with predominant ISP's holding regional monopolies and refusing to deploy proper infrastructure.) -- even going so far as to try to push legislation making publicly owned fiber deployment illegal.

I barely have been playing this game for a month, and I'm seriously considering quitting. Update 11+ was working fine with steady 70-80 fps. Now with Update 12 everyone and their aunts makes me drop to 20 fps constantly, I mean EVERYTHING that goes on the screen gives me this horrible drop, I've tried different graphical options, multicore threading on/off and such. And no such luck, and it's a pity cos I love this game :(

U12 = Stutering Update

Earth is the epicentre and the worst stutering.

Earth reminds me of Phopos when it was released, laggy and making the gameplay stuter a lot.

Some optimization is necessary DE.

Edited by Bazools

+1 for this thread. My game seems to run fine sometimes(between 40-60 fps), but mostly the fps crap itself and go below 20. I have tried many things and am still trying to find that perfect setting, but it shouldn't be this hard.

The graphics in this game are awesome, but meaningless when your trying to play a slideshow.

This needs to be DE's priority right now.

+1

DE should seriously improve and optimize networking between hosts and clients.

Again, upload speeds are heavily capped (often 1 mbits/s in my region) by most FAIs and there is too much networking stress put on the unfortunate hosts.

Stop ignoring those issues !

About freezes and stuttering on high end PC, I think that nvidia geforce latest drivers won't help at all, in the contrary.

I wonder if gamers with AMD GPU or PS4 gamers are facing the same issues...

Btw, is there implementations of physx on PS4 for Warframe ?

+1 here too. I am running this game on an 8 core processor with 2 XFX Radeon R7 260X's and my frame rates have gotten so bad. I used to get 100+ FPS and after the last update/hotfix/whatever else I can barely run this game at 30FPS. Fix this PLEASE. It is so annoying.

I've been having problems with the game since I re-installed in back un update 11. I made my own thread about the game and it's problems with stuttering. From my point of view the game stutters when the "physical memory" of your CPU is at a 100% then it'll drop down. I'm sure if they do optimize the game all those problems with stuttering will cease to exsist and we can finally play without any trouble. The FX optimizations in update 12 were not enough. 

+1 to the ideas of the OP. Warframe needs a severe tune up.