Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr Research....

Ootarion

No point wasting plat at all. You can get it for free and 'lol reactor & slot' doesn't matter. You can get both cheaper than the full price of the Frame. Not to mention how many reactor invasions we have had recently so all you would need to do is buy the slot. 

There's nothing to be gained by being mad at it. I'm the only person in my clan attempting to get Zephyr, so I have to do everything myself. I'm intentionally not upset about it because that'd just spoil the game for me. Instead of this being unfair, it's a challenge for me to overcome. It's something to work towards, a goal to pursue. I played a lot of Warframe last night getting various things I needed for the research, and I had a ton of fun because I had a goal. Just have patience and look forward to it.

Is Zephyr gonna be more powerful then any Warframe to date? No? Then it shouldnt be this annoying to get. This is a terrible concept for people not in the big clans.

This ^

Seriously devs....this is to long of a wait, no Warframe should take this long. What OblivionNecroninja hasnt pointed out though is the stupidly large amounts of resources it takes, more then AAAAAAAAANY Warframe, so come on...seriously?

Farm a Prime frame, get all the pieces, then put it together and tell me how long it takes.

What's that? It's about six days or so? WOOOOOOW HOW CRAZY!

Is Zephyr gonna be more powerful then any Warframe to date? No? Then it shouldnt be this annoying to get. This is a terrible concept for people not in the big clans.

My clan has 7 people in it. None of us are complaining about the research times.

Edited by Vargras

Farm a Prime frame, get all the pieces, then put it together and tell me how long it takes.

Does the Prime Frame require you to spend more resources getting it then Zephyr? Name one Warframe that costs more Resources when you include Zephyr Research and the research for the Chassis, Helmet and Systems, if you can name one warframe I will agree with you, until then your logic is horribly flawed.

Does the Prime Frame require you to spend more resources getting it then Zephyr? Name one Warframe that costs more Resources when you include Zephyr Research and the research for the Chassis, Helmet and Systems, if you can name one warframe I will agree with you, until then your logic is horribly flawed.

You keep trying to make Oxium seem like some super difficult material to find, but Oxium is laughably easy to farm. Within 4 Kappa runs, I had enough to fund the base Zephyr BP by myself. It'll just take me 1-2 runs for each of the other components, and all of the other materials are extremely easy to find. She also doesn't require orokin cells to craft.

Please stop trying to say my logic is flawed, when the only person having difficulty with the concept of research times is you.

Take a step back and understand it's a game.

Fang Prime require(d) you to farm for the blades which can be exceptionally tedious and tiring with RNG and being reliant on keys. With Zephyr you aren't relying that much on RNG at all simply because everything is set in stone and Oxium is easy to get if you just run a few MD's. 

Bigger clans have a harder run of it because we need more and a large portion of players are actually leechers. Smaller clans should not be complaining as they're easier to manage, closely-knitted and they require less resources. Stop thinking about yourself and think about others and how it actually compares and what positives you actually have, rather than focusing on the negatives, even if they are only slight. 

Edited by Naith

My clan has 7 people in it. None of us are complaining about the research times.

Every Prime I had finished farming within 2 days each (max)...I don't even see the problem here xD. Mag Prime takes a few hours only...and Ember Prime took the longest with about 2 days.

Bigger clans have a harder run of it because we need more and a large portion of players are actually leechers. Smaller clans should not be complaining as they're easier to manage, closely-knitted and they require less resources.

Ghost clans only require 380 oxium for the full Zephyr research (base BP, chassis, systems, helm). One player can solo farm all that.

So yeah, really not that bad.

Nothing in the game is supposed to be better, with the exception of primes. This frame takes time to make. That's part of why it's special. If you have it, it shows the amount of time and effort you and your clan put into making it. If it was easy, it wouldn't be as special.

I've been farming a couple of prime frames for a least a few weeks. I've been farming for the burston prime since it came out(excited about new rewards tables though :D). This is not the most time expensive thing in warframe.

My point is that being mad about this isn't really going to change anything and it's only ruining your(and other's) experience of the game. DE isn't going to change the research time because it wouldn't be fair to those who dropped 20USD on her to get her early. DE doesn't make this game for charity. They need to make money to stay afloat. The fact that you can even get her now without paying money is wonderful. How long do you have to wait in LoL before a champion is free to play? Being negative about it and posting this thread is just making you more upset about it, further solidifying your resentment of it. There's no point. Some things just take time.

Every Prime I had finished farming within 2 days each (max)...I don't even see the problem here xD. Mag Prime takes a few hours only...and Ember Prime took the longest with about 2 days.

Not everyone has that much time to play in a solid period. Even then, RNG. Seeing how the numbers of farming without success to those who did little farming with success are hugely unbalanced, there is a problem. Your point is null. 

For the record though, I did get all the primes (aside from Ember Prime/Frost which I already had) during the best part of Janruary, I think. I understand the struggle.  

Edited by Naith

It's 6 days. It's not that bad. You've failed to realize that you can build the pieces for the blueprint at the same time. 6 days. Not much more than the 3-4 and a half days we normally wait. It's clan research so it's expected that it is going to last a little while longer.

I don't see the problem of taking ~9 days to build a Zephyr.

I think there's now an expectation from some players that every new update should bring immediate satisfaction. This in turn leads to DE constantly churning out hundreds of new weapons, Warframe, etc, to keep the community happy, whilst sacrificing actual game development in order to do so.

What players really want is more content - that's the long term picture. DE needs to ignore the noise and focus on things that actually improve the gameplay and content. This way they might actually be able to move on from Beta. 

Slowing down players in acquiring new Warframes and weapons is a good strategy - it's called pacing, it gives DE time to focus on other things. Those who can wait will wait, those who can't can buy them with plat. Those who can't wait and don't want to buy with plat - well, there you go DE, you've identified a portion of players who don't use plat and don't want to follow process. They want it now, they want it for free, and they want you to continue churning out weapons and Warframes - is that the target market you were aiming for? I thought not.

Best build seems to be 3 abilities (drop 2) and run max duration with fleeting expertise. Throw in an obligatory flow and redirection and you have used up 9/10 mod slots.

Duration seems to be the best thing you can buff on her, so maxing it out is first priority. Next she has a low energy pool and wants to be continually casting, so fleeting is best, you still get plenty of duration on abilities with it.

She has a huge number of options on that final slot so she just feels hard to mod right.

Thank you

I'm kinda confused about the issue here.  When you get most frames, you need to find the blueprints, right?  So maybe it drops from a boss, maybe it's an alert, maybe it's scattered across several void missions.  Basically, you need to keep hitting that boss, hoping you won't get 50 helmet blueprints before you get system and chassis, and so on.  You could easily spend the amount of time grinding for other frames that you spend waiting for this one to build.  At least you don't need to search for the blueprints.  They're all right there and just need the resources.  People *@##$ about that as well, but it really doesn't seem that bad to me.  Everything requires a grind for resources.  Are there veterens complaining about this, or is it mostly just people who have never played a F2P game before and don't understand that everything in these games takes a good chunk of time?  There are other things you can do in the meantime, strangely enough.

The balance reason for having such long research times is simple: Once the frames have been researched, they're immediately available for everyone who joins the clan. So for those people who haven't joined a clan, once they join up one that already has the research they get instant Warframe BP's and components. Can you imagine that: You just join a clan, and you get full components for 3 Warframes (Banshee, Volt and Zephyr) available! No more grinding Defense or Survival missions hoping for Banshee or Volt parts, you just visit the Tenno Research Lab and buy the BP's! You'd still need to farm the resources of course, but that's way easier than farming for parts.

The 6 days or so research time we need is just the pain the first adopters have to suffer so that future clan members can reap the benefits.

Edited by LGear

Overall, it's not unreasonable the time it takes to build her.  If she was acquired like the other frames (from missions), how long would it take each member of your clan to build her then?   I bet it would take longer than a week before every single member of your clan could build and use her.   So considering the fact that her parts don't have to be farmed from a boss node and every member of your clan can donate resources to building her, It's a fair trade off since once all her parts are built, every member of your clan can immediately start building her.  

So really I don't see the problem.  Would you rather have to go and farm her helmet, chassis, systems AND oxium individually or simply have everyone from your clan donate resources and take a few days to build her?

Edited by Krymanol

I don't see the problem of taking ~9 days to build a Zephyr.

I think there's now an expectation from some players that every new update should bring immediate satisfaction. This in turn leads to DE constantly churning out hundreds of new weapons, Warframe, etc, to keep the community happy, whilst sacrificing actual game development in order to do so.

What players really want is more content - that's the long term picture. DE needs to ignore the noise and focus on things that actually improve the gameplay and content. This way they might actually be able to move on from Beta. 

Slowing down players in acquiring new Warframes and weapons is a good strategy - it's called pacing, it gives DE time to focus on other things. Those who can wait will wait, those who can't can buy them with plat. Those who can't wait and don't want to buy with plat - well, there you go DE, you've identified a portion of players who don't use plat and don't want to follow process. They want it now, they want it for free, and they want you to continue churning out weapons and Warframes - is that the target market you were aiming for? I thought not.

Well said !

Clantech has always taken 3 days. It's funny to see new folks whine about it, though.

Name an ability with more horizontal or vertical gain than Tailwind. Name an ability that deflects projectiles like Turbulence. Name an ability that is both a crowd control and damage skill, and can have its damage type changed on the fly like Tornado.

Oh wait. You can't.

Yep sure, well just fly around while I evaporate all the enemies with Nova, or Stunlock them with Rhino, or just pull them into a vortex with my vauban...

I get it, its fun to fly around. But the warframe itself is totally meh.

Even Valkyre (my least favorite) is still more awesome than this.

You keep trying to make Oxium seem like some super difficult material to find, but Oxium is laughably easy to farm. Within 4 Kappa runs, I had enough to fund the base Zephyr BP by myself. It'll just take me 1-2 runs for each of the other components, and all of the other materials are extremely easy to find. She also doesn't require orokin cells to craft.

Please stop trying to say my logic is flawed, when the only person having difficulty with the concept of research times is you.

Your really gonna sit there and tell me you got 6000 Oxium in 4 Kappa runs?

Your really gonna sit there and tell me you got 6000 Oxium in 4 Kappa runs?

Oxium costs (and all other research costs, for that matter) change based on clan size. It's only 380 total for a Ghost Clan.

So yes, I really am going to sit here and tell you I got all the Oxium my clan needed in just a few runs. Because I did.

Edited by Vargras

There is no RNG wall so I guess people need to find other things to complain about.  You have a surefire shot at getting a new warframe if you put in some resources and wait I don't see a problem.  For F2P games early access is a lot better than cash specific bonuses which could be considered unfair.