Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Noob Question - Prime

Morwyn

Question

So I'm running with my only frame - Mag and it's at 30.

I like the frame and the idea of it - but it's weak, as in Earth now slaughters me when I used to solo it just fine.

- What is Mag Prime? More powerful Mag variant?

- How do I get one?

Is there a 'prime' (more powerful) frame for all variants? Rhino, Volt, etc...

INB4 RTFM

21 answers to this question

Mag Prime does basically two things for you:

A. Looks (arguably) cooler than regular Mag.

B. Gives you one and only one extra polarity slot. (basically an extra slot is pre-forma'd)

No boost (as far as I know) to anything that actually matters.

Edit:  The only other Prime frames currently released are Frost Prime (which looks AMAZING), Ember Prime (also looks AMAZING), and Excalibur Prime (but if you don't have it, you never will).

There are several Prime weapons (not gonna list em for you) but those DO add extra damage, etc.

Edited by Spliffy_McGee

mag prime is just mag with some gold trim, an extra polarity and an occasional energy fart from the balls-o-doom in the void.

prime frames as they are, are nothing more than bling.

prime weapons on the other hand are usually just straight upgrades of the common variants.

you get prime gear from the void in various missions and tiers (1-3) as well as a few derelict missions.

There are probably going to be prime variants of every frame.. maybe.. but at the moment there are only a number of frames with a prime: Mag,Frost and ember (i think thats all) I dont think prime is any better than the original, just looks cool. You'll need to do void runs for blueprints, which will take some time to do*, i would suggest you to just farm for another frame, as prime frames usually take longer.. Look it up at the Warframe Wiki page, keywords,  ''prime'' ''mag'' ''void drop tables''

Edited by BladeFade

Prime warframes just have a extra polarity and gold trimming and can get extra energy from void traps and not all frames have prime versions prime weapons on the other hand have better damage than the regular versions check this thread for the locations of prime drops

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/172911-prime-gear-drop-locations/

and mag is the best frame for killing corpus and really good against grineer if modded properly.

Edited by gnat6

So I'm running with my only frame - Mag and it's at 30.

I like the frame and the idea of it - but it's weak, as in Earth now slaughters me when I used to solo it just fine.

- What is Mag Prime? More powerful Mag variant?

- How do I get one?

Is there a 'prime' (more powerful) frame for all variants? Rhino, Volt, etc...

INB4 RTFM

You need to mod it better, methinks. Can you post a screenshot of your build?

sounds like you need better mods is all, and a reactor/aura.

maxed out frames have 74 slots for mods with an aura of the right polarity, and then you get additional slots for matching polarities etc. Mag does well with Flow,Streamline,Stretch/Focus,Fleeting Expertise, Redirection, and her 4 skills. also, if you chose to Forma Mag, change her aura polarity to the "-" mark, and try to find an "Energy Siphon", it will give her power regeneration over time, so you can spam Pull for like, 10 energy a pop and keep getting energy back.

welp, to answer your question, no Mag Prime is not stronger, just an end game collectible version of Mag that counts as a separate frame, and she looks cooler. when you get her, sell your normal mag if you don't intend on buying warframe slots. Until you get her, I recommend farming for Rhino. He is one of the best Soloing frames in the game, and he comes from the second boss. I also don't recommend using Forma or a potato on your Mag if you intend on getting Mag Prime, as it would be a waste.

good luck

Edited by Temphis

Prime warframes ... can get extra energy from void traps...

Is that what the "rumored to have a unique reaction to Orokin Void" means?  I was curious about this, and the wiki blatantly says absolutely nothing about it... and I never remember to ask.

So, instead of being damaged by laser traps you get energy, or you still suffer, but now also get energy?  What are the specifics?

Is that what the "rumored to have a unique reaction to Orokin Void" means?  I was curious about this, and the wiki blatantly says absolutely nothing about it... and I never remember to ask.

So, instead of being damaged by laser traps you get energy, or you still suffer, but now also get energy?  What are the specifics?

If a prime goes near a laser trap it activates a one time pulse of 100 energy that goes to any frame in range it does not shut down the trap.

Wow.  That's mind blowing.  I mean, such phenomenal power, it's so overwhelming.

That's like saying that a Prime Warframe, when walking into a kitchen, transmutes baloney sandwiches into 10% tastier baloney sandwiches.

Not exactly changing the world for the better, ya' know?

I mean, yeah, it's better than having a chainsaw stabbed into your eye, but only technically.

Wow.  That's mind blowing.  I mean, such phenomenal power, it's so overwhelming.

That's like saying that a Prime Warframe, when walking into a kitchen, transmutes baloney sandwiches into 10% tastier baloney sandwiches.

I mean, yeah, it's better than having a chainsaw stabbed into your eye, but only technically.

If blinding your allies enemies with your bling is not a perk, I don't know what is.

That's like saying that a Prime Warframe, when walking into a kitchen, transmutes Zephyr sandwiches into 20% cooler Zephyr sandwiches.