Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Firestorm On More Weapons

CubedOobleck

Firestorm only works on Ogris, Penta and Ignis, I think it would be nice if it worked on Torid, Stug and Embolist too.

There's really no good reason why it shouldn't work on the Torid (fix this!), but I know you are thinking Stug and Embolist are secondaries. Well, firestorm works on only 3 weapons (potentially 4 with Torid) and making a separate radius mod for only 2 secondaries seems really dumb to me. So Firestorm should be extended to secondaries, at least temporarily until the number of AoE weapons grows.

Of course to use firestorm on both a primary and secondary weapon you would need 2 copies, just like you need 2 copies to use a mod on both your gun and the sentinel's gun.

Edited by CubedOobleck

I do not think that a rifle mod can work with a pistol because of how the game tags weapons, I have no way of knowing for sure though. This was explained back when they released the mutation mods.

It would likely be easier for DE just to make an AOE range mod for secondary weapons.

Ogris, Penta, and Ignis all have fire as part of their makeup, though.

You'd need a different mod for corrosive/viral/gas weapons.

Just because it's called firestorm doesn't mean non fire-y weapons shouldn't be able to use it, if that were the case then all the elemental mods should only work on weapons that innately deal the corresponding element.

If we really wanted to be accurate the mod says it boosts the blast radius and I don't see any explosions coming out of the Ignis, on the other hand the stug goo definitely explodes and the torid is still a grenade launcher.

Edited by CubedOobleck

I do not think that a rifle mod can work with a pistol because of how the game tags weapons, I have no way of knowing for sure though. This was explained back when they released the mutation mods.

It would likely be easier for DE just to make an AOE range mod for secondary weapons.

Firestorm is a "special" mod, not a "rifle" mod. 

Now if you're saying technically it's a mod designed to go on weapons that are classed as a rifle by the game's database, then yes that's probably correct and there's some technical limitation on it. 

Edited by HailCreation

firestorm works on weapons that have "explosions", the ogris ofc uses explosion mechanics, as does penta and the ignis is just a flux rifle which has an invisible beam (you can still headshot causing more dmg btw) that has ots of invisible mini-explosions along the beam, only we just see the "flame" effect instead, thsi is why firestorm works on those weapons making the explosions larger, thus catching more enemys in the resulting larger explosion radius.

the other weapons dont use direct explosive mechanics so its unlikely to work on those, the torid for example doesnt "explode" its just a sort of sticky bean bag launcher that leaks a weak-&#! gas cloud, no explosions at all.

the other weapons dont use direct explosive mechanics so its unlikely to work on those, the torid for example doesnt "explode" its just a sort of sticky bean bag launcher that leaks a weak-&#! gas cloud, no explosions at all.

Torrid has a range function associated to its gas cloud, and the projectile is similar to a barbed gas grenade. It wouldn't be a large stretch to assume that fire-storm could make the contact area larger (it would not be an egregious violate of real life weapons).

Edited by LazyKnight

Torrid has a range function associated to its gas cloud, and the projectile is similar to a barbed gas grenade. It wouldn't be a large stretch to assume that fire-storm could make the contact area larger (it would not be an egregious violate of real life weapons).

theres another thread specifically for torid/firestorm, its pretty much already been said that even if firestorm DID work on the torid it would change nothing, enemys will still walk right through that cloud which ticks for pathetic damage, it "would" have been good if it was the torid from dmg1.0 with a 100% chance for slowing enemys when you equipped cold damage, now tho youd be lucky and then some if the cloud actually did that.

the torid needs its old mechanics, 100% status chance and armor ignore to be of any real use, then and only then would firestorm be a handy mod to equip, the effect firestorm would have now wouldnt even be noticable tbh.

in dmg2.0 even in the hands of vauban and his vortex the torid is flat out rubbish compared to whatever your teammates will be packing.

Edited by Methanoid

-Snipe-

I sold my Torid as soon as I got it level 30, it was unbearably bad.

This is off-topic: Torid should have sticky toxic glue splat and not a gas cloud. It needs to function like a trap gun, and it would likely require a rework to make it useable.

Edited by LazyKnight

I sold my Torid as soon as I got it level 30, it was unbearably bad.

This is off-topic: Torid should have sticky toxic glue splat and not a gas cloud. It needs to function like a trap gun, and it would likely require a rework to make it useable.

reading the patch notes i noticed various things aquiring a 100% chance to proc effects, was it ice wave on frost or something?

either way if the torid had an innate 100% chance to slow enemys in the cloud, even with its poxy damage it would at least serve a unique purpose and be of use, it badly needs something to make it useful, esp with its weak damage thats easily escapable.

reading the patch notes i noticed various things aquiring a 100% chance to proc effects, was it ice wave on frost or something?

Embolist now has forced proc poison. They can make weapons always do something, and I can't imagine that the creative people at DE can't figure out how to make torid slow things, like NOVA's powers do.

Update 12: Zephyr Rises

Weapon Changes:

- Bow weapons receive 1/3 damage buff + gave charged arrows innate puncture depth.

- Dread arrows have increased flight speed.

- Embolist now has increased damage and forced poison proc.

- Tigris now has improved damage, critical chance, and proc rate.

- Hek damage increased and more minimum damage added to falloff.

- Hammer and Staff weapons now ragdoll enemies on charged attacks.

- Vulkar now has increased damage and proc rate.

- Latron and Latron Prime now have increased damage.

- Sentinel Deth Machine Rifle weapon now has 5% crit chance.

- Flux Rifle now has improved damage and proc rate.

- Critical Chance and reload speed of bows slightly tweaked.

Edited by LazyKnight

I made a thread about Firestorm + Flux and I got no replies...and the one reply said something about no Flux is balanced....

gotta be %#@$ kidding me

all these new over the top weapons that are coming out ...but Flux doesn't deserve its own RANGE mod 

its already subpar in damage atleast let me put have fun pointing my laser 

Just a little note for the Torid (which I have and have used a fair number of times) You guys DO know you can hit the ENEMIES with the Torid's bean bag/grenade thing and it'll stick to THEM and keep ticking the damage right?  It's actually not that bad a weapon when used that way, as opposed to how people used it in Dmg 1.0.

Personally, I would prefer if the beam weapons got their own special mod that caused disintegration or other havoc upon death.

Also, do you mean beam width or range?

Range....its a freaking laser....it only works close to mid range..ITS A LASER.........A LASER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Balance my NOTHING...the only reason why it has short range because the forum would be spammed with

"Nerf Flux please..my teammates are killing all the enemies before I can reach them"

People people, we don't need to get into the technical details of how it works.  The basic idea is enough to suggest to DE

We want a firestorm that works on secondaries.  There will probably be more AOE secondary weapons, and it would be amazing, especially considering how we can resort to secondaries as main weapons instead of primaries.

Firestorm would only give flux about 6 more meters of beam range, anyone that call that OP has some issues. 

To be fair, firestorm's tool tip says it increases the blast radius, not the range, although I agree it wouldn't cause problems if it worked on weapons like flux rifle, phage, synapse and spectra. But firestorm was balanced for surface (the +24% radius is actually +54% surface) and would be underwhelming as a range mod, so I'd rather those weapons got their own mod balanced for range with a % that is worth using.