Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Soma Mastery 4 For Them New Players Willing To Buy With Platnium

Vrecon

Vrecon, on 08 Feb 2014 - 8:46 PM, said:

i rlly wanted to try this gun a while back and i think its time i test this gun out i have 316 plat and i rlly wanna get this gun so DE plzz make rank lower i dont even have enough weapons to rank up

There are plenty of weapons you can purchase blueprints for in the Market, or get blueprints for in missions and Alerts to raise your Mastery rank. For such a good gun, you'll have to put in the work to get it.

Just work hard and increase your mastery rank, it's mastery locked for a reason. It is for this same reason that your efforts will be rewarded immensely! In the mean time there are plenty of other interesting weapons for you to try. Get in game and make the Soma your goal. A purpose is very useful in this game...

I understand from a developer standpoint why they would want to have higher tier weapons tied to increasing mastery rank but why do players care?

Mastery Rank really just means you've grinded S#&$. It doesn't relate to skill in anyway.

Oh and to the OP, there are other weapons good enough to pass the time to get your mastery up.

Edited by Wahooo

I understand from a developer standpoint why they would want to have higher tier weapons tied to increasing mastery rank but why do players care?

Mastery Rank really just means you've grinded S#&$. It doesn't relate to skill in anyway.

Oh and to the OP, there are other weapons good enough to pass the time to get your mastery up.

It ties in more with experience. The higher your mastery rank is, the more experienced somebody would be with the game. Just as you'd expect Marle to get Ice 2 when she hits level 15, a person will get the Soma when they level up in this game.

Also, at a lower mastery chances are a person wouldn't have the amount of time invested in this game to even have the mods needed to make the Soma a stellar weapon. If you want the Soma that bad, I say just get the Karak until R6. That's what I did.

It ties in more with experience. The higher your mastery rank is, the more experienced somebody would be with the game. Just as you'd expect Marle to get Ice 2 when she hits level 15, a person will get the Soma when they level up in this game.

Also, at a lower mastery chances are a person wouldn't have the amount of time invested in this game to even have the mods needed to make the Soma a stellar weapon. If you want the Soma that bad, I say just get the Karak until R6. That's what I did.

I understand reasons when it comes to game play for this type of thing.  Something to work for and such.

But my question is - why do the players care?

How does it affect me if a new player has access to a soma or a penta?

Why should I care if someone is a lower mastery rank than me with this weapon or that weapon?

Especially as you say, you need time invested to make the weapons work up to their potential.  So why is it a big deal for noobs to have a soma?  Soma is a beast with just a ~R6 serration, and maxed vital sense and point strike.  But vital sense IS a fairly rare mod.  Without that it is pretty meh for a low level player and is really just an ammo hog... BUT even with that why are people so passionate about what mastery rank a weapon should be? 

It just doesn't affect any of us what this guy or that guy has access to.  So why such concern from the player base?

dude i dont feel like doing these test that are easy and just waste my time i cant play all day cuz of hw and stuff

Neither can most of us. Getting access to better stuff is something you have to work at over time.

If you get a reasonably good group together and do some Mobile Defense or Survival missions, you'll all get XP pretty fast toward your warframes and weapons. Doing that a few times on a good map would get you close to or at max rank with at least one weapon, at which time you can sell it, get a new one, and start the process again.

In the meantime, work on getting the mods you'll need for the Soma - crit chance, crit damage, and Hammershot if you don't have or don't want to use Heavy Caliber with it.

Just work at it a bit each day. You'll get there, and it'll mean more to you when you do, since you earned it, instead of just buying it.