Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Soma Mastery 4 For Them New Players Willing To Buy With Platnium

Vrecon

I understand reasons when it comes to game play for this type of thing.  Something to work for and such.

But my question is - why do the players care?

How does it affect me if a new player has access to a soma or a penta?

Why should I care if someone is a lower mastery rank than me with this weapon or that weapon?

Especially as you say, you need time invested to make the weapons work up to their potential.  So why is it a big deal for noobs to have a soma?  Soma is a beast with just a ~R6 serration, and maxed vital sense and point strike.  But vital sense IS a fairly rare mod.  Without that it is pretty meh for a low level player and is really just an ammo hog... BUT even with that why are people so passionate about what mastery rank a weapon should be? 

It just doesn't affect any of us what this guy or that guy has access to.  So why such concern from the player base?

I guess the main reason why I(and maybe somebody else) would care is from those that always say "nerf this" or "buff this". It doesn't matter what the majority thinks, but the minority can be very loud about certain things. Somebody with the experience or knowledge of certain weapons, builds, and tactics can easily see a weapon for what it can be. Somebody without, will only see it for what it is. I'm sure DE is intelligent enough to not listen to these individuals, but sometimes I have these thoughts of DE doing something crazy.

Took me two weeks to get Mastery 6. Spend the plat on slots. Get lots of weapons. Get weapons on alerts. Level up Sentinels. By the time you're Rank 6 you'll be stronger, have strong items to support your Soma. Getting the Soma too early would be a waste of good technology on a weak player like you. You don't have the experience or dedication to strengthen the weapon. I had a supercharged and formad Grakata before I upgraded to the Soma. I didn't just throw away my Grakata, I retired it. I loved that weapon, and it lives on in my Soma. You don't just throw money at a weapon like this. You give it your best.

so i should get more moneyz and get u10 pack

As others have said, and keep saying 1st priority for money is slots.  2nd priority is Reactors and Catalysts if you are desperate, but frankly slots and cosmetic items are the only thing I would ever suggest anyone even consider buying with plat.

As far as a weapon goes, as Krystalmyth just said the Grakata.  It is a poor man's Soma.  You can mod it the same way, use it the same way and is almost as good in most ways.  As a weapon it is a bit of a step down in almost every catagory vs the Soma but is viable for everything in the game, just takes a bit more on the tactical side and pick your battles more.

And remember that it was bugged for a good while so any mastery could have purchased and craft them. IIRC

Soma's current mastery is ok IMO (or maybe increase by 1), since it's in line with most clan tech.

How ever, its crafting requirement needs to be increased.

By a LARGE MARGIN for it's power.

How every, I woudl suggest the OP to use a Grakata or Kraken at your current stage.
They really aren't bad guns, especially with the Grakata after the proc buff.

Actually, it was mastery 3.

Edited by Innosin

Can't you still use the Soma right away if you buy the bundle?

Yes you can. 

OP, guns matter less than mods, go buy maxed Serration for ~200 (or w/e it costs now), Split chamber for ~15, max the elemental mods (buy them for a 5 if you still don't have them) and your potatoed Karak/Grakata/Tetra will destroy everyhting up to lvl~40. 

Edited by Monolake

Here's a suggestion; get the Grakata.

If you think the Grakata sucks, you don't deserve the Soma simply because you lack the mods to make the Soma dangerous.

son i got ma mods split chamber from trade 10 plats and max serration 70 point strike and crit delay all dem crit mods etc maxed out from trade cuz i ggot money and should really save up for the lebron 11s

Mastery Rank really just means you've grinded S#&$. It doesn't relate to skill in anyway.

Point of Contention:

Talk to the numbers of people who have complained about the test to get to Mastery 8.  MANY people have had trouble with that one.  Looking at the requirements, and the reflexes that I have carefully honed over 20 years of gaming, Mastery 7 is as far as I will probably ever go.

I was really nervous about the test to get Mastery 6, because that test unlocks Soma, the "uber-gun".  Target tracking turned out to be WAY easier than I had feared, but had I been unable to pass it, it would be a crushing disappointment to me, knowing that the one weapon you really need to high-end enemies was unreachable.  (And then they buffed Latron Prime!  YAY!  About time they made that feculant weapon worth something).

Thankfully at this point, if I never pass another test, it won't affect me in the least (unless I want to buy an extractor, but rumor has it that they don't find many orokin cells anyways, so meh...).  This means that I have no more stress about Mastery.  I've reached PAST the final tier of level progression.  It's good to know that I only have to worry about dying in missions at this point, instead of dying in missions, AND failing 24 hour tests.

sadly, the only challenging one after rank 8 is rank 9, the stealth test...

Rank 10, 11, and 12 are all disappointingly underwhelming.

Point of Contention:

Talk to the numbers of people who have complained about the test to get to Mastery 8.  MANY people have had trouble with that one.  Looking at the requirements, and the reflexes that I have carefully honed over 20 years of gaming, Mastery 7 is as far as I will probably ever go.

I was really nervous about the test to get Mastery 6, because that test unlocks Soma, the "uber-gun".  Target tracking turned out to be WAY easier than I had feared, but had I been unable to pass it, it would be a crushing disappointment to me, knowing that the one weapon you really need to high-end enemies was unreachable.  (And then they buffed Latron Prime!  YAY!  About time they made that feculant weapon worth something).

Thankfully at this point, if I never pass another test, it won't affect me in the least (unless I want to buy an extractor, but rumor has it that they don't find many orokin cells anyways, so meh...).  This means that I have no more stress about Mastery.  I've reached PAST the final tier of level progression.  It's good to know that I only have to worry about dying in missions at this point, instead of dying in missions, AND failing 24 hour tests.

hahahahahaha... no.

The soma is just plain too powerful (and yes, I realise that there are plenty more powerful weps; this one is just s dan easy to use) - I believe that rank 8 is not high enough, yet alone the 6 that it is currently on. Let people have their fun before weapons like this ruin the game for them, as all a mastery 4 would do is run around tolstoj; and not many players I know want a rank 4 doing late-end game with them, no matter what equip they have. Experience still pays the bills.

So in short, no this wep should not be introduced among the lower lvls.

hahahahahaha... no.

The soma is just plain too powerful (and yes, I realise that there are plenty more powerful weps; this one is just s dan easy to use) - I believe that rank 8 is not high enough, yet alone the 6 that it is currently on. Let people have their fun before weapons like this ruin the game for them, as all a mastery 4 would do is run around tolstoj; and not many players I know want a rank 4 doing late-end game with them, no matter what equip they have. Experience still pays the bills.

So in short, no this wep should not be introduced among the lower lvls.

But, see.  I still see rank 11,12 people on apollodos, and people using their top gear on earth and Jupiter.   And because of the way mastery works you can't judge experience by it.

Yes you can generalize, and for the most part a level 11+ is going to know what they are doing but there are plenty out there who are more of a burden to a mission than a help.  Same as low mastery players really.  Again you can generalize that they don't have enough experience but there are some free players or those who just don't feel like leveling a bunch of gear they don't want to use.  Frankly a player who doesn't want to buy slots and started with Loki and picked up a rhino as a second frame, picked up a Grakata or a vectis and a dual zoren maybe an event weapon or two.  Now you have an R4 or less player who with a bit of time to gain mods can compete and without issue play at any level in the game.  So he should be looked down on or punished because he doesn't want to mindlessly level a bunch of gear he doesn't want to use just so others see his mastery rank go up?

Point of Contention:

Target tracking test was made alot easier than it orginally was back in u7, mainly due to how many ppl failed it. Even before it was too easy for my tastes and now its laughably easy, probably i will push a bit over it, but each mastery test is way easier than beating vor with 4 man group.

Soma should have been Rank 8, and I m not even there.

Yeah, it's THAT powerful.

Content wont get any harder after you go through rank 8 so whats the point of changing mastery rank, soma will trivialize same content you were doing so far, even considering it was alredy laughably easy, all you will do is annoy guys like OP 
Edited by Davoodoo

one of highest crit chance and crit damage

free two V polarities

high-slash damage

100 ammo cap with efficient fire rate and accuracy, aka ammo efficient rifle

...and you want it back to Rank 4?

There's this thing called "being worthy" or this other thing called "earning it". it's a pilgrimage you people have to walk through if you really want to feel the power of Soma. *ensue lightning and thunder*

Edited by faustias