Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Typhus - The Parasite Warframe

RedSkittlez

I appreciate the design and the art work, but it's not for Warframe. This is something more suited for a horror-splatter-fantasy game, not for a sci-fi game. There's nothing of WF in this, and I seriously hope DE won't add it to the game

I appreciate the design and the art work, but it's not for Warframe. This is something more suited for a horror-splatter-fantasy game, not for a sci-fi game. There's nothing of WF in this, and I seriously hope DE won't add it to the game

I think we can agree to disagree, as I (and a WHOLE lot of others) think he fits right in with the game. The whole samurai feel goes right in (Heck, they even have Edo Armor in the game) with the rest of the game. Also, after we had Limbo and Mesa added, I think ANYTHING is on the table design wise.

i looked at typhus, really a great deal of work, i am in awe, i have one question?

With ash and mesa, incorporation of weapons into the frame seems to be enjoyed by certain players.

I can see that in some powers, typhus can use the parasits to make some kind of weapon. and in some arts you made we can see him with either a katana, or a naginata. do you plan to try and integrate it into the frame? or release them as craftable weapons? sticking with the parasite to make his personal weapon? 

i looked at typhus, really a great deal of work, i am in awe, i have one question?

With ash and mesa, incorporation of weapons into the frame seems to be enjoyed by certain players.

I can see that in some powers, typhus can use the parasits to make some kind of weapon. and in some arts you made we can see him with either a katana, or a naginata. do you plan to try and integrate it into the frame? or release them as craftable weapons? sticking with the parasite to make his personal weapon? 

I feel that the "Integrated weapon" is simply a feature of some frames, and NOT a feature that DE is going to add to every frame. Also, an integrated weapon really wouldn't work with Typhus's concept. And with Mesa just released, DE probably won't be doing the integrated weapon idea for a while.

I feel that the "Integrated weapon" is simply a feature of some frames, and NOT a feature that DE is going to add to every frame. Also, an integrated weapon really wouldn't work with Typhus's concept. And with Mesa just released, DE probably won't be doing the integrated weapon idea for a while.

Yeah i understand it's not for ALL frames, but it adds to the personnality of the frame and his theme, like ash's hidden assasin creed's dagger, and mesa's peacemaker revolvers, it it more about aesthetics. The same can be said to Excalibur's javelin using skana like javelin.

And it's just a question, it's not like i'm saying typhus needs those. he can deal without them, and equip a nikana to be done with.

there's always going to be that one person. Have you not noticed that you are able to completely dismember enemies in this game, in a bloode and gory fastion. Typhus is just a more of a step towards the M side of this M rated game. Also look at Oberon. He doesn't look very SiFi yet he is a Warframe so to say Typhus don't fit because he has a samurai theme is very arogent. To each their own opinion, but yours isn't in the right place.

Got any proof to back your statement up? We have a frame that uses the souls OF THE DEAD. We cut people IN HALF and REMOVE LIMBS. 

Never mind the other various ways the enemies die.

Now tell me it doesn't belong.

if we are to take DE`s satements as true,then im guessing theyve  pulled a concept no one has looked at much

much like "the end will come like a thief in the night" it means that the most visible is the least likely

or they simply came up with there own idea,,hard to tell

Got any proof to back your statement up? We have a frame that uses the souls OF THE DEAD. We cut people IN HALF and REMOVE LIMBS. 

Never mind the other various ways the enemies die.

Now tell me it doesn't belong.

idk, i think he's saying that the Typhus doesnt fit aesthetically.

somehow DE has a funny way of designing things just enough that you can say it definitely would not be seen in any other game, that's just design-wise. however with the streak that they're going with, its like they stopped caring about that due to Mesa.

though i'm a bit iffy about whether he fits aesthetically into the game, i always like to reassure myself that there's nothing particularly wrong given Excalibur's Proto Skin. however i believe DE wont see it as visually distinct enough so, like what they did with Zephyr, i fear they will drastically alter it. but given Typhus's ability set and nature, there's no reason why they would have to do that unless they really feel it needs to look warframey.

if we are to take DE`s satements as true,then im guessing theyve  pulled a concept no one has looked at much

much like "the end will come like a thief in the night" it means that the most visible is the least likely

or they simply came up with there own idea,,hard to tell

given what they've been doing recently, i cant say i'd expect things to be stunning if they came up with it all on their own.

and given that they seem to follow a trend of making Prime frames based on favoritism of fanbase, i cant say that they'd skip typhus....i mean, you know how hard the butthurt would be if DE missed this opportunity?

Edited by Deathshatter

Warframe has never been about aesthetics, i remember the first trailer i saw from the game, with lotus explaining how and what warframes are:

"You will master the warframes, you will strike them when they least expect it, with powers they never would have imagined..."

And they have stayed true to this idea, it's about originality and unknown, the ninja play free is just a catch phrase with no real meaning.

but it's not for Warframe. This is something more suited for a horror-splatter-fantasy game, not for a sci-fi game. There's nothing of WF in this, and I seriously hope DE won't add it to the game

Tell me this, what is a Warframe to you?

Is it a Paladin? Is it a Necromancer? is it a Pirate? Is it a Magician? Or is it a clown?

You also mentioned it being a "horror-splatter-fantasy game", explain to me how warframe is not this? We're basically magic-throwing space "ninjas" fighting cloned nazis, chicken robots and mutated zombie hordes. Sounds pretty "horror-splatter fantasy" to me.

hey_stalker__winter_is_coming__by_mrrumb

wip_by_redskittlez_da-d6s5pae.jpg

I admit that this Warframe is not for everyone, but it also doesn't give anyone the right to say that "it doesn't deserve to be in the game" for the silliest reasons, it just makes you look very immature. And you know what, many people said the same thing for the Mios weapon.

Edited by RedSkittlez

I actually want Archwings to evolve into Gundams....

i would have mixed feeling about that ... let say that WF have the tech of its own. if we count a robotic tenno + special "winged" archwing (or skin) - then we are talking about specific cosmetic build.

i dont wanna shoot lasers of bfg's any time soon

but if we talk about archwing itself. as pointed some time ago " infested archwing need to be made". it will be funny if we will get infested archwing before a warframe.

Its all about the sci-fi. No, really. Toally serious here. These are SCI-FI ANTLERS GOD DAMMIT!

thats not an sci-fi antler - that fairy sci-fi antler xD

Edited by Cracken