The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Typhus - The Parasite Warframe

RedSkittlez

Orokin eh? The First eh? Are you really opening that pandoras box of secrets DE dare not talk about?

I think the First must be one of the big divides among the players of Warframe. I mean, so many choose to keep Hayden Tenno as a separate being, making him more or less a god or myth.

And the orokin I think very few have even tried to describe.

This is very cool of you, I must say!

Wait with the lore you've made for him taken into account wouldn't the Weiss version technically be the Primed version of Typhus?

Typhus/Weiss is in the same boat as Valkyr in that regard. Both was something very different than what they later became.

Technically Weiss is Typhus Prime, but the way I see it the transformation caused by the mutalist-virus is in our current timeline.

Weiss was the before. If Weiss was captured by Alad as the 3rd Warframe experiment (who knows how many he found?) We have two possibilities.

1) Weiss Prime is now Typhus. Meaning if a BP of Weiss Prime were to be found they would really be two warframes, like Valkyr.

2) There are a Lotus version. This one was found by Alad. Then we really have 3 warframes.

So Typhus could be a Prime to begin with, a alt skin or mesh could be unlocked, or Evolved.

Typhus is unique so far, I will not get into the Mesa situation too far here, but Mesa proves that infestation is compatible with warframe technology.

@Weiss art: Yes he do in fact look primed.

Let me give it a shot.

Typhus is a warframe. Tenno pilot the warframes, and learn to master their powers.

Typhus is special in the sense that infused into the warframe is a mutalisk parasite. The parasite establishes a Bond with the Tenno as it pilots it.

It grants the wearer the ability to steal from the enemy, but at the price of weakening the Tenno, I assume the parasite steals life from the pilot, like a true symbiot.

Nothing really that strange is going on. The original Typhus is the Origin story, just like all frames once had a original wearer.

Fair enough?

Now this I like the look of, hopefully it gets expanded upon.

Edited by Exanthous

in dark sector it was a virus (technocyte) that granted the surviving few superhuman/supernatural abilities.

Hayden Tenno's (protagonist - Excalibur progenitor) base ability was glave (it grew from his hand... ) and a organic metal skin, other where gained from fallen bosses.

in a way you can tell that those who didn't "survive" the virus are now called infested.

Edited by Cracken

Hm, exept the infested was just released by the Grineer. So those ds infected must be long gone.

about that ... in dark sector the "institute" or agency that experimented with the virus are resembling the grineer

Edited by Cracken

Mm but just how spiritual is ds, and what of that story is DE willing to bring into warframe?

It seems they introduced the Void to get away from ds, with the mutalist story, and the Rhino Codex, they seem to want to link the two more again (yes I know the timelines are screwed but I don't think they care that much to be honest) and somehow I have a feeling they will reveal some surprising Lore about the past and Orokin in the months ahead.

Assuming that this gets into game, the original look vs in-game look would be different to match the game's lore/design but damn we need a samurai frame!

Perhaps designwise along the lines of Mesa, in terms of design choices. The three latest frames have very clear and well divided areas and allso have more of a clothing-feel to them.

With this in mind I can see them changing the armour and gear into a somewhat more soft and molded look, with parts that are hard and separate like the platings and center helmet. It all depends on what art-direction they are currently on, and what plans they have for the near future.

They could be changing the designs again to a fourth generation, focusing more on hard surfaces and a more gundam look. Or into a more natural organic look, expanding on the first generation.

I hope the era of pirate, jester, cow-girl and magician is drawing to a close, no matter how fun they are to make or how well they are done.

A return to seriousness and darkness would do warframe good.

Concidering I am incredibly late and I have no clue about if this warframe could possibly get into the game

the one in wich he wears some sort of kimono ( the one with the sakura trees ) is by far the most beautiful concept art I have ever seen of a warframe samurai

and I dream every night that one day we will receive a samurai warframe

but deep inside of me, I know that we will never get one, even this one wich is extremely popular.

Edit: I feel like I felt in love with this kimono, no seriously, it warms my heart just to look at it and I think of it ever since I seen it

WHAT IS HAPPENING?

Edited by CmereSweetHeart

Concidering I am incredibly late and I have no clue about if this warframe could possibly get into the game

the one in wich he wears some sort of kimono ( the one with the sakura trees ) is by far the most beautiful concept art I have ever seen of a warframe samurai

and I dream every night that one day we will receive a samurai warframe

but deep inside of me, I know that we will never get one, even this one wich is extremely popular.

Edit: I feel like I felt in love with this kimono, no seriously, it warms my heart just to look at it and I think of it ever since I seen it

WHAT IS HAPPENING?

Come child ... I understand your feeling *hug*

And don't worry because Typhus will win ! :D

Edited by Rorkyr

Come child ... I understand your feeling *hug*

And don't worry because Typhus will win ! :D

Even if they add him

it's not like he would wear a

Handsome...Kimono...Like in that art

And when he will be here without his kimono

I might get slightly heart broken

EDIT: I just thought "I miss that kimono's existence" and I am still debating if it makes sense

Edited by CmereSweetHeart