The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Typhus - The Parasite Warframe

RedSkittlez

At this point it's a bit like the doubters vs the believers. There are loud voices for pro Typhus and no Typhus.

If DE release him as a fanframe they will surprise me, I do hope that they take their time and make a Quest of it.

I will buy him then make the quest because hes so badass 

At this point it's a bit like the doubters vs the believers. There are loud voices for pro Typhus and no Typhus.

If DE release him as a fanframe they will surprise me, I do hope that they take their time and make a Quest of it.

what do you mean by fanmade? if it's simply that the community developed the idea, it's not far fetched. Zephyr was fanmade (but they changed it a bit) and Nova was sort of fanmade.

Yes, exactly what I mean by fanmade.

The big difference this time is that Typhus is a bit of a controversy. Some adore the concept, some hate it and try to talk it down for what ever reason.

Everyone now know Typhus, I was barely aware of Zephyr, I liked the design and powers but I never expected to see it in the game.

Nova was a Design Council project so that is as close to official DE as you get in these forums I think.

And it goes without saying the modelling and texture team will make their version of it, no matter how much effort was put into the concept - it IS a concept after all.

What will surprise me is if they create Typhus and release it without even hinting at it before that happens. Im sure I will be pretty excited, but still surprised.

Yes, exactly what I mean by fanmade.

The big difference this time is that Typhus is a bit of a controversy. Some adore the concept, some hate it and try to talk it down for what ever reason.

Everyone now know Typhus, I was barely aware of Zephyr, I liked the design and powers but I never expected to see it in the game.

Nova was a Design Council project so that is as close to official DE as you get in these forums I think.

And it goes without saying the modelling and texture team will make their version of it, no matter how much effort was put into the concept - it IS a concept after all.

What will surprise me is if they create Typhus and release it without even hinting at it before that happens. Im sure I will be pretty excited, but still surprised.

I thought they had hinted? Regardless i would not at all be surprised if they release it. Im sure aesthetically it will be changed but thats it. DE is good at listening to the community which i love, so i think its a pretty good possibility

warframe_by_redskittlez_da-d77ez6o.jpg

Song:

The first Typhus was an experiment created by the Orokin ages ago. Designed as a thoughtless, emotionless war machine to compliment the guardian using it, the warframe would dissipate any infested going against experiment rules. While the experiments would use their genes to reproduce, Typhus would use the genes to create and store energy. Curious, the Orokin sent more infested towards Typhus for recording. As Typhus continued to destroy and eviscerate any creatures that face him, the guardian started collecting memories, building his own bigger picture of what was happening, and giving his body to now sentient warframe. Furious, the Orokin sent Typhus into holding and to strip all powers from the warframe and remove the guardian. It was a futile attempt, as the warframe started surging with energy, consuming and ripping flesh from any living organism that stood in front of him. While they feared Typhus and sent many other guardians after him, they saw potential and spared executing the warframe, sending it into cryogenic sleep.

(Disclaimer ; Back-story is subject to change. Redesign will follow. This is the Virus Set 2.0. Going to roots on this, before Alad V was a character)

Edited by RedSkittlez

So by this I take it the tale set in Orokin times would be the equivalent of a Prime Codex?

That is giving it depth and a time perspektive, that all warframes still lack.

The question then become; the orokin and Alad both used the same type of Virus to modify the warframe. Alad calls it Mutalist. Orokin probably had a more grand name for it.

Edit: I realise I might have missunderstood; this is a rework of Typhus origin? In that case Alad is no longer even involved I take it.

Edited by arch111

warframe_by_redskittlez_da-d77ez6o.jpg

Song:

The first Typhus was an experiment created by the Orokin ages ago. Designed as a thoughtless, emotionless war machine to compliment the guardian using it, the warframe would dissipate any infested going against experiment rules. While the experiments would use their genes to reproduce, Typhus would use the genes to create and store energy. Curious, the Orokin sent more infested towards Typhus for recording. As Typhus continued to destroy and eviscerate any creatures that face him, the guardian started collecting memories, building his own bigger picture of what was happening, and giving his body to now sentient warframe. Furious, the Orokin sent Typhus into holding and to strip all powers from the warframe and remove the guardian. It was a futile attempt, as the warframe started surging with energy, consuming and ripping flesh from any living organism that stood in front of him. While they feared Typhus and sent many other guardians after him, they saw potential and spared executing the warframe, sending it into cryogenic sleep.

(Disclaimer ; Back-story is subject to change. Redesign will follow. This is the Virus Set 2.0. Going to roots on this, before Alad V was a character)

warframe___typhus_old_n_new__wip__by_red

Song:

the 2015 version of Typhus seems to be going back to the roots a bit more. Its more "Organic" but still looks like a suit of armour. And I can definitely see a bit of the old Locust design in the helmet.

I do like this new lining style, though. It's very detailed, must be a killer on the wrists, though...