Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Typhus - The Parasite Warframe

RedSkittlez

Something like this? ...

Would certainly be a comic I'd be interested in reading; great teaser, with just enough content that the reader can deduce the situation, but still be intrigued by what lead to it, and how it ends - so aye, looks good, in my opinion. :)

Something like this? wip_by_redskittlez_da-d5zb1dt.jpg

that is one possibility, what I had in mind was say a group composing of lets say nova, oberon, nekros, and one other frame were on a for example a derelict ship exploring it when they come across a mangled pod that has sealed typhus for all these years, they open the pod and the last panel is typus awakening with either them or lotus saying something, however you know the frame better than anyone else so of course what you created would work.

I'd love to see this implemented, but I question if DE would budge on this considering it's not particularly lore friendly. +1 regardless

Just for the sake of discussion - and possibly helping DE budge - what is it you're thinking about, specifically, when you mention it isn't lore friendly?

I'm asking because I see little issue with the frame, especially in terms of lore, and especially considering that, as RedSkittlez (OP) has pointed out numerous times - and that I personally think is quite apparent - that there's no direct connection between Typhus and the Infested.

Just to pre-emptively counter the issue that's been brought up quite a few times already: While both Typhus and the Infested - and Saryn for that matter - all gravitate within the same thematic sphere; the biological, they differ in individual theme and inspiration.

Much in the same way Ember, Frost and Zephyr gravitate within the same thematic sphere of empedoclean elements, but individually differ from one another. For some, however, the realm of biology is understood in very general terms (anything organic - not entymological, botanical, parasitological, microbiological and so on and so forth. While the empedoclean elements are easily recognizable and distinguishable; fire, water, earth, and wind.

Infested are "mutation run rampant"; aggressive infection, highly mutative, entirely outside any sort of control.

Saryn is very much centered around "venom"; caustic substances that cause heavy tissue damage in one form or another.

Typhus is "parasitic"; not mutative, not caustic (highlighted as main counter-points to comparisons with the above), but gluttonous consumption, both in the form of its parasitical relationship with the host - or Tenno (mainly mutual in nature, with a hint of amensalistics parasiticism, i.e. it causes some degree of harm to the host, but both ultimately benefit from the relationship), but also in regards to how it approaches foes; which is performed by way of the pre-existing abilities that stem from Typhus' parasitic nature; an extension and exacerbation of the frames innate abilities.

- now, where did I leave my cave?

*scuttles off*

Edited by Santiak

*comes running back from his cave*

Just to bite another oft cited "issue" in the proverbial sentinel:

I love the idea but I hope you all understand that you're essentially pulling from the [PROTOTYPE] playbook, right?

But like I said, love the idea. Give us a frame that's actually meant to be f*cked up (ahemNekros).

To reply using previous quotes from Teqnologyque, who I believe is a friend of RedSkittlez, and thus has more weight than my own words could carry:

I think that Typhus, like all Warframes, can utilize Void Energy the same as other 'Frames. Essentially, I guess you could say he takes Void Energy and converts it to matter (As energy can neither be created or destroyed, it can only change its form, and all things are energy anyway). Its like... 'Kay, I'mma recommend some reading, and its probably gonna take a while to work through, but you'll come out of it with much more understanding of the concept of Typhus.

Abara (Best reference)

Knights of Sidonia (Second best reference)

Biomega

BLAME!

Of course, I just recommend those Series' because they're some of the best Cyber/Bio-Punk stories I've ever read.

EDIT: Prototype would be a good game to play too, but once you've read Abara you can predict the steps through Prototype.

It all depends on what material you are familiar with beforehand, as some concepts will ultimately overlap, without being taken from any given source material specifically, but where other material can be used to explain aspects of the concept; so it's not a case of, as they say in South Park, "Simpsons did it!"
In other words, had you read Abara before playing Prototype, you'd be making the same comparison between those two concepts, as you are making now between Prototype and Typhus.

Or, to quote Teq quoting Arthur C. Clarke:

Well... that's not exactly the reference that was trying to be made.

Arthur C. Clarke stated that originality was dead, though, so all we can really do is take what we've got and try to make it seem somewhat interesting.

Now, that cave of mine.

Edited by Santiak

This awesome dude! I must emphasize on how much I love this concept. Just watching this post, I almost forgot about Zephyr's awesomeness and all other frames. This is a must have if taken into consideration. I implore that the folks at DE please implement this frame. I don't know or care how it's should be done but I hope it would. 

Keep up the good work!

I love the idea but I hope you all understand that you're essentially pulling from the [PROTOTYPE] playbook, right?

This link might help: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/176524-warframe-concept-typhus-parasiteviral-type-update-typhus-prime-lol-12032014/?p=2249615

Others have thought the same as you. I'm aware of the game, but I have never played it, nor do I know any of its story. If you want proof, just add me on Steam and look at my Game Library.  On another note, we could say the same about some of the things in Prototype.  It took inspiration from other things, such as a book called Biomega, or the movie called The Thing.  You have to realize that a lot of things have already been done, and it's harder now to be original.  We have to take inspiration from other things.  "Art inspiring Art"

This link might help: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/176524-warframe-concept-typhus-parasiteviral-type-update-typhus-prime-lol-12032014/?p=2249615

Others have thought the same as you. I'm aware of the game, but I have never played it, nor do I know any of its story. If you want proof, just add me on Steam and look at my Game Library.  On another note, we could say the same about some of the things in Prototype.  It took inspiration from other things, such as a book called Biomega, or the movie called The Thing.  You have to realize that a lot of things have already been done, and it's harder now to be original.  We have to take inspiration from other things.  "Art inspiring Art"

Wise words indeed

Oh your the guy that made the Mios that explains a lot, like the person using it is your frame here and why the art type and style is the same, good job on that btw I voted for it, cool how at least thats getting made, now for the user.

Edited by Sasoka

Not to dissuade people, but what makes certain persons think that they'll drop everything upon a idea thread getting so much support? We know the devs roam the forums actively (Zephyr, some of the weapon concepts?) but even still, they got plenty of work and backlog to work on still. I'd rather they get the framework for awesome ideas to be delivered into the game before going full-bore on taking fan ideas.

Cides, if anyone's gonna know if it got in, I'm sure like Zephyr it'd be the creator. :3

Not to dissuade people, but what makes certain persons think that they'll drop everything upon a idea thread getting so much support? We know the devs roam the forums actively (Zephyr, some of the weapon concepts?) but even still, they got plenty of work and backlog to work on still. I'd rather they get the framework for awesome ideas to be delivered into the game before going full-bore on taking fan ideas.

Cides, if anyone's gonna know if it got in, I'm sure like Zephyr it'd be the creator. :3

Aye, they do have a lot of other issues to attend to - but personally, I do not think people are supporting the concept with the expectation that DE will jump head-first at it, and let the rest float about till it's in.

I think people are supporting the concept, so that the next time DE fancies implementing a fans concept, Typhus will be high on the "fan concepts to-do" list, which is different from the regular "to-do" list, in the sense that the former is only looked at when there's a gap in the latter.

So, no; support isn't for immediate implementation. It's for implementation as soon as there's a free spot from their "regular schedule", to implement a fan concept in good conscience. :)

I think people are supporting the concept, so that the next time DE fancies implementing a fans concept, Typhus will be high on the "fan concepts to-do" list, which is different from the regular "to-do" list, in the sense that the former is only looked at when there's a gap in the latter.

They need to take more concepts from the fan threads, in my opinion...

Not come down on DE, but some of the stuff I've seen lately, art and implementation-wise, is kinda... lack-luster.

Like the Stug... That could have been so much better than it turned out...

Edited by Teqnologyque

This is beautiful work! I seriously think you should work for DE the art concept is amazing and very detailed. Typhos is like the character from prototype which was a great game. I hope DE takes your post seriously because I will buy that frame in a heartbeat and I'm sure most people would agree.

This is beautiful work! I seriously think you should work for DE the art concept is amazing and very detailed. Typhos is like the character from prototype which was a great game. I hope DE takes your post seriously because I will buy that frame in a heartbeat and I'm sure most people would agree.

I'm not sure why you are comparing it to Prototype, the OP has discussed this and quoted;

He talks about that he hasn't played the game and one of the things is that Typhus is slowly dying because of the Parasite, unlike in Prototype where the main protagonist does not die of the Infection in the game, as Typhus is using the parasite's power to defeat his foes.