Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Typhus - The Parasite Warframe

RedSkittlez

Not bad either concept i like the first a bit better but not bad the second. Wondering why not ask your concepts and others who make so much nice concept to work their design team. Now we need more peoples who make 3d models for these concepts and need a program which contain the concept datas and work as a viewer. I would like to see more this in game.

Doing a revamp on Typhus, considering the newest water-based space cyborg ninja pirate warframe has an Ultimate that is too similar to what I had given to Typhus. I am also thinking about giving him a generic name for now, and let the Devs come up with a name on their own. (Possibly Ronin for now. Because of personal reasons, but if people like Typhus enough we will keep it.)

In any event there will be an open call to take new ideas for the Fourth Ability. If you make a suggestion, please keep it in line with Typhus' theme. My current idea for the new ultimate ability is something like a Harakiri that focuses his Void Energy (Health) into his sword, transforming it into a massive blade of Void Energy. By using more Health it increases the damage and range. Damage is dealt in a forward facing cone-type AoE and deals slash and viral damage. tumblr_mnn37fJI4N1r6syygo1_500.gif

Another idea that I had was something similar, but instead of slashing with the sword, Typhus plunges the blade into the ground, sending out a pestilent shock-wave that deals Impact and Viral Damage.

wip_by_redskittlez_da-d6s5pae.jpg

Edited by RedSkittlez

Why would you say that, good chum? Because the next warframe is Male?

They try to even the two out, they've announced the Hydroid which is a male. Which means the next one will be female. Though to be honest the possibility of them making another frame before they see this and make it their own is a possibility. I also said probably so they may or may not. Regardless it'll be a pretty badass frame no matter is gender.

Edited by LazyBlueGuy

Why not use the worms or his old locust pets as his fourth? Just send them out into one or two clouds that move around the battlefield doing heavy damage to enemies. Typhus(or whatever his working name will be if you choose to go with that idea) gets to continue moving through the battlefield using his powers while his parasites gather  biological material from the enemies they kill and return it to him. Haven't seen much on the possible uses of those worms or other possible parasitic organisms making up the armor so why not push the envelope a bit?

You know, perhaps we could have skins for his past versions. Everyone wins that way lol

.......yes, that was a joke.

However I do say that the version previous to the samurai rework should be a skin, it really was a good design and to see it filed away or go unused would be kind of disheartening.

Edited by Aden

Gave some thought in regards to the 4th ability, and figured I'd deposit my brain-fart.

"Hakai no harakiri" (Disembowelment of Destruction)
In an act of nigh-mutually assured destruction, Typhus manifests a wakizashi, made up by an extremely thin blade of Void Energy.
As he plunges the blade into his abdomen, his parasitic nature attempts its utmost at sustaining the now dying Tenno - and thereby itself. Blood enriched with the Typhus strain rushes to the wound, but because of the Void nature of the blade, it is unable to close it, thereby spilling out in huge quantities.

As the blood gushes around the blade, additional Void energy is deposited into it; gradually growing it from the size of that of a wakizashi, to that of a katana, and finally that of an odachi.
As the blade grows, a pool of Typhus' parasitic blood oozes out around his feet, starving for life-force. As a result, as the blood comes into contact with any foe foolish enough to step into or be caught by the blood, minute filaments seep into every crack and crevice, and begins a gluttonous race to absorb whatever life-force might be available within.

When Typhus withdraws the blade, the wound immediately closes, and the pool of blood becomes inert; but the blade - no longer being nourished by Typhus blood - begins to rapidly lose structual integrity, and the accumulated Void Energy becomes highly unstable, resulting in an eruption of all-consuming energy, should Typhus wield the blade.

In in-game terms:

The ability is essentially channeled; either manually, or untill either a set percentage of life remains, or a timer expires.

An area centered around Typhus grows as the ability is maintained; applying a moderate DoT on foes, and in return, the number of foes affected applies a proportional HoT on Typhus, effectively allowing him to either nullify or even regain health by using the ability.

When the player stops channeling the ability, the result is your idea; a cone-shaped burst of damage, again proportional to the amount of time the ability was channeled.

In other words, it becomes a situational ability, that excels at either sustainability (leeching life from large groups of enemies), or crowd control (huge amounts of damage to foes in front of the player). The drawback is, if you opt to use it as a damaging ability, you'll likely lose quite a bit of health doing so, meaning you have to use the other (parasitic) abilities to make up for the health spent on the high damage. Or you forfeit the damage in favour of healing more.
It's biggest drawback would be, that if Typhus is faced with a single strong foe, the damage dealt and the damage sustained by Typhus is more or less equal, making it a "last resort", or a device of M.A.D.

Edited by Santiak

I LOVE the design of this frame, but I'm not so sure about his abilities. Several of them seem like they would work better in the hands of different-themed frames, or even dangerously similar to existing frames.

It's no secret that I'd like to see Nekros get a Viral damage group-healing life drain (though to be fair, none of the abilities in the OP heal allies, making this still possible), but even outside of that:

- Cataclysm seems like an attack for an Earth frame, barring the life drain

- Symbiosis literally IS Contagion

- Delirium is a combo Chaos/Terrify

- Heavy Fever is Molecular Prime without the explosions

In addition, several of his abilities seem redundant of one another - deal damage, heal self. I don't really think he needs three of them, but that's just me.

Cannibalize actually sounds like the most unique one of the bunch, and I like that it pairs really well with the abilities that deal damage to himself, like Boiling Blood. If you combined Meat Shield with those two, he sounds like he'd be an awesome Dark Knight-evasive tank hybrid: Redirect all incoming damage into enemies, use your shields/health as an offensive resource. I would absolutely look forward to playing that!

I LOVE the design of this frame, but I'm not so sure about his abilities. Several of them seem like they would work better in the hands of different-themed frames, or even dangerously similar to existing frames.

It's no secret that I'd like to see Nekros get a Viral damage group-healing life drain (though to be fair, none of the abilities in the OP heal allies, making this still possible), but even outside of that:

In addition, several of his abilities seem redundant of one another - deal damage, heal self. I don't really think he needs three of them, but that's just me.

Cannibalize actually sounds like the most unique one of the bunch, and I like that it pairs really well with the abilities that deal damage to himself, like Boiling Blood. If you combined Meat Shield with those two, he sounds like he'd be an awesome Dark Knight-evasive tank hybrid: Redirect all incoming damage into enemies, use your shields/health as an offensive resource. I would absolutely look forward to playing that!

But almost every frame in the game got the same powers, but it affects the enemy/ team mates differently.

Slash dash - Rhino charge - Tail wind .

I'd name more, but I don't know the name of the skills :3 . 

Edited by (PS4)korm-2_0

Gave some thought in regards to the 4th ability, and figured I'd deposit my brain-fart.

"Hakai no harakiri" (Disembowelment of Destruction)

In an act of nigh-mutually assured destruction, Typhus manifests a wakizashi, made up by an extremely thin blade of Void Energy.

As he plunges the blade into his abdomen, his parasitic nature attempts its utmost at sustaining the now dying Tenno - and thereby itself. Blood enriched with the Typhus strain rushes to the wound, but because of the Void nature of the blade, it is unable to close it, thereby spilling out in huge quantities.

As the blood gushes around the blade, additional Void energy is deposited into it; gradually growing it from the size of that of a wakizashi, to that of a katana, and finally that of an odachi.

As the blade grows, a pool of Typhus' parasitic blood oozes out around his feet, starving for life-force. As a result, as the blood comes into contact with any foe foolish enough to step into or be caught by the blood, minute filaments seep into every crack and crevice, and begins a gluttonous race to absorb whatever life-force might be available within.

When Typhus withdraws the blade, the wound immediately closes, and the pool of blood becomes inert; but the blade - no longer being nourished by Typhus blood - begins to rapidly lose structual integrity, and the accumulated Void Energy becomes highly unstable, resulting in an eruption of all-consuming energy, should Typhus wield the blade.

In in-game terms:

The ability is essentially channeled; either manually, or untill either a set percentage of life remains, or a timer expires.

An area centered around Typhus grows as the ability is maintained; applying a moderate DoT on foes, and in return, the number of foes affected applies a proportional HoT on Typhus, effectively allowing him to either nullify or even regain health by using the ability.

When the player stops channeling the ability, the result is your idea; a cone-shaped burst of damage, again proportional to the amount of time the ability was channeled.

In other words, it becomes a situational ability, that excels at either sustainability (leeching life from large groups of enemies), or crowd control (huge amounts of damage to foes in front of the player). The drawback is, if you opt to use it as a damaging ability, you'll likely lose quite a bit of health doing so, meaning you have to use the other (parasitic) abilities to make up for the health spent on the high damage. Or you forfeit the damage in favour of healing more.

It's biggest drawback would be, that if Typhus is faced with a single strong foe, the damage dealt and the damage sustained by Typhus is more or less equal, making it a "last resort", or a device of M.A.D.

This is an awesome skill :D .

When Typhus will be in game, his theme song (For me) will be Last resort \m/ . Fits him pretty well.

<---- Last resort :3 .

I appreciate all the feedback, but you need to realize that Typhus is a leech. He deals tremendous damage to the enemy and in turn heals himself, which is what his abilities are supposed to represent. He's a glass cannon, meaning that he's a high risk/high reward type of Warframe.

Cataclysm- The last time I checked, the Earth-benders in Avatar didn't use tentacles to manipulate Earth.  These grab targets, rip them apart, absorb them, and replenish Typhus.  I couldn't imagine an Earth-themed frame doing something like this. Note that this ability will be changed anyways because the new Warframe is gonna have an ability similar to this one (it's a water-frame).

Symbiosis- This is a defensive aura, as opposed to Contagion, which is applied to your melee weapon.  

Delirium- Is there a problem with combining abilities?  Delirium makes people hallucinate and freak out in reality, which is what I based this ability off of.

Heavy Fever- Think for a moment.  What does a fever actually do?  It makes you weak and vulnerable.  

You have to keep in mind that existing warframes have abilities that are similar.  Excalibur and Rhino have their Charges.  Loki and Ash have their Invisibility.  Frost's and Ember's first abilities are almost exactly the same, except one freezes and the other burns.  There are a lot of similarities, and even though they try to vary it a little, they're still pretty much the same.

If you could think of something better, I'd be happy to consider it.

I have an idea for the 4th skill.

Reinvigorate

- enemy around Typhus got mutilated by his tendrils. And the body parts got sucked and devoured by Typhus giving temporary health boost.

- 20m radius.

- deals 1250 viral damage, have a chance to instant kill grunt enemies.

- killed enemies got mutilated, sucked and devoured by Typhus.

- each enemy mutilated give Typhos temporary 50 health boost (raise max health over the limit).

- Health boost degenerate over time(completely gone when duration ends).

- Health boost maxed at xxxx health.

- Health boost have 30s duration, can be recasted even when the health boost is active.

- When health boost active bloods dripping from the gap on Typhus armor. Leaving a trail of blood everywhere he goes.

Hope you like it. xD

Heres my Idea for his #4, I would be called Seppuku.

- Typhus falls to his knees and takes out a knife (similar to how Ash always has those hand blades always on him) he will fill it with energy then stab it into himself. The stabbing would take a chunk of his health scaled to the level of the mod and other mods equipped and feed it into damage.

- As he slashes it across his stomach a shriek is heard from the void, which causes all enemies within distance to be staggered to help protect him as he continues with the animation.

- As he finishes the slash spikes filled with energy would come shooting out of his body, hitting all enemies within range, skewering them to walls and such, the spikes will then explode within the dead enemies bodies making smaller spikes shoot out and kill or harm the surviving enemies.

- All enemies killed by the spikes have a high chance to drop health and energy orbs.

- All surviving enemies are hit with a bleed proc and viral proc.

when the scream is going on, the lighting in the room will take a dark green tint further adding to the feel of agony typhus goes through.

I hope you like this ability, I thought since he was based slightly off a Samurai that this would be an interesting ability.

Edit: following traditional Seppuku, the person would shed their upper body clothing before stabbing them self. And when Typhus falls to his knees, his upper armor will fall to the ground to make it possable for both his knife to pierce him and the spikes to shoot from his body. this fits very well with your concept of having Typhus armor falling off when he take to much damage. and once he finishes the armor will either reattach itself or grow back.

Edited by Senketsu_

Heres my Idea for his #4, I would be called Seppuku.

- Typhus falls to his knees and takes out a knife (similar to how Ash always has those hand blades always on him) he will fill it with energy then stab it into himself. The stabbing would take a chunk of his heals scaled to the level of the mod and other mods equipped and feed it into damage.

- As he slashes it across his stomach a shriek is heard from the void, which causes all enemies within distance to be staggered.

- As he finishes the slash spikes filled with energy would come shooting out of his body, hitting all enemies within range, skewering them to walls and such, the spikes will then explode within the dead enemies bodies making smaller spikes shoot out and kill or harm the surviving enemies.

- All enemies killed by the spikes have a high chance to drop health and energy orbs.

- All surviving enemies are hit with a bleed proc and viral proc.

when the scream is going on, the lighting in the room will take a dark green tint further adding to the feel of agony typhus goes through.

I hope you like this ability, I though since he was based slightly off a Samurai that this would be an interesting ability.

While the animation, is he invincible? 

While the animation, is he invincible? 

yeah, and he can do it while sliding :3 Knee slide anyone XD It will work like Banshees #4 but be a little faster. Because Banshee isnt invincible while doing her #4 either. 

EDIT: the scream stagger is meant to help keep him protected while he finishes the animation.

Read the edit on my last post.

Edited by Senketsu_

yeah, and he can do it while sliding :3 Knee slide anyone XD It will work like Banshees #4 but be a little faster. Because Banshee isnt invincible while doing her #4 either. 

EDIT: the scream stagger is meant to help keep him protected while he finishes the animation.

O: .

*Slides* *Stabs stomach with knife while sliding*  *Kills everyone*