Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Typhus - The Parasite Warframe

RedSkittlez

Whelp, looks like I have to redesign F-Typhus once again...

lol, I personaly like the bunny ear, horn... thingys. they look cool. Im warming up a little to F-Typhus, but I would still prefer M-Typhus.

Edited by Senketsu_

I'm fine with F!Typhus(is it "officially "Typhis" for the female version now?) but I think you should incorporate the mandibles onto the female version some how as well, those where one of the outstanding features on the original's helmet.

I feel like typhus is a bit TOO gory for the game :/ and that it belongs in a different game thats genre is HORROR. i like the idea but i feel that it just doesnt fit warframe. Also think that if it was put in the game, it should be pure parasitic/viral and no samurai. if we did get a samurai frame, i would definitly like and think most of the community would wont more enphasis on the samurai theme then splitting the theme into parasitic/samurai. again like tha idea, just think it doesnt fit. But hey thats just my opinion.

Edited by Brawleee

i kinda feel like a samurai based frame should be soley based on samurai and not a hybrid, but maybe thats just me. I also think it would be too gory, ad that this belongs in more of a horror game. Don't get me wrong i like it, but i just disagree with a few things. i feel like Typhus should be pure parasitical or viral based warframe, and a samurai warframe should be seperate to put more enphasis on each ones theme.

i kinda feel like a samurai based frame should be soley based on samurai and not a hybrid, but maybe thats just me. I also think it would be too gory, ad that this belongs in more of a horror game. Don't get me wrong i like it, but i just disagree with a few things. i feel like Typhus should be pure parasitical or viral based warframe, and a samurai warframe should be seperate to put more enphasis on each ones theme.

Everyone buckle up, we're going on this ride again.

Take A look at this then tell me why you think he will be to gory for an M rated game with Gore as one of the tags. 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/176524-warframe-concept-typhus-parasiteviral-samurai-type-update-07052014/?p=2629923

and also tell me why you seem to be saying He cant blend the two concepts and why it sounds like you are saying he didnt blend them well enough?

this is a largly asked question about the gore so if you are going to say somthing about it. plz skim through the thread a little bit before you ask a REALLY old question/statement.

Edited by Senketsu_

Well, I appreciate the concern but why do we have a pirate hybrid with the theme of Water? Yes, they are known to be on the sea, but when did they use water powers? Secondly, Warframe is rated M for Blood, Gore and Violence.

wip_by_redskittlez_da-d6s5pae.jpg

Some of the ablities that Typhus uses are focused on the blood part of that. And really Typhus wouldn't necessarily raise the gore level as much as he would remain consistent with what's in the game already, I mean we can already disembowel a man and send viscera everywhere pretty hard to top that. As for the Samurai/parasite duality, I can understand your position and I appreciate the constructive criticism, but the o-yoroi armor that Samurai traditionally wore were constructed out of Lamellar plates to look like the Chitin on insects. Specifically the Kabuto helmet was taken from beetles. So it was with that in mind that I added it to the parasite concept.

Take A look at this then tell me why you think he will be to gory for an M rated game with Gore as one of the tags. 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/176524-warframe-concept-typhus-parasiteviral-samurai-type-update-07052014/?p=2629923

and also tell me why you seem to be saying He cant blend the two concepts and why it sounds like you are saying he didnt blend them well enough?

this is a largly asked question about the gore so if you are going to say somthing about it. plz skim through the thread a little bit before you ask a REALLY old question/statement.

too gory for warframe?

Um...

Then explain how we have a video of Alav V dismembering a warframe and the body shows the gore inside the limbs and lets not forget ALL OF THE INFESTED ENEMIES INCLUDING LEPHANTIS WITH A SHRIEKING WOMAN'S FACE UNDER HIS HEAD.

Well, I appreciate the concern but why do we have a pirate hybrid with the theme of Water? Yes, they are known to be on the sea, but when did they use water powers? Secondly, Warframe is rated M for Blood, Gore and Violence.

Some of the ablities that Typhus uses are focused on the blood part of that. And really Typhus wouldn't necessarily raise the gore level as much as he would remain consistent with what's in the game already, I mean we can already disembowel a man and send viscera everywhere pretty hard to top that. As for the Samurai/parasite duality, I can understand your position and I appreciate the constructive criticism, but the o-yoroi armor that Samurai traditionally wore were constructed out of Lamellar plates to look like the Chitin on insects. Specifically the Kabuto helmet was taken from beetles. So it was with that in mind that I added it to the parasite concept.

To my knowledge and love of armors all I can see is that yes you are correct on the samurai armor but damn...

Edited by Vilanova

warframe___no_by_redskittlez_da-d7gqkb1_

Really?! Really?!  Pl-please tell me your joking. There is a turn off gore thing in the options you know that right hence why there is the M rating. Also insects can be considered parasites you know that right? So I can see the Parasites and samurai theme due to the samurai making their armor look plated like insects have chitin. I will also ask you this please please read the first post and the thread and not look at the pretty pretty pictures. We've had this argument rise up waaaaaay too many times and i would like it if people would stop being afraid of things like this cause we also have nekros. So please understand that Typhus is a good warframe in design and abilities and not sway the artist to fit your needs.

i stand corrected

i also never said he couldnt i just said I THINK meaning my opinion it should just be parasitical nor did i say he didnt blend it well enough, though i dont recall in samurai like abilities (remind me if there were any cause i dont remember any)

and i mean maybe i bit to violent, yes this is an m rated game but im just saying it seems like it belongs in a soley based horror game then again seeing those photos i guess not i didnt actually think about that and im sorry

i also said it was just my opinion and would have no problem with it being in game

i didnt mean to offend him or anyone i just gave my opinion and im sorry

i didnt mean to offend you in any way and am sorry if i did, i also never new samurai wore armor based of insects, learn something enw everyday :D

know that now it seems a bit more understandable and i knew warframe was that gory i just dont want it to turn into something with a bunch of blood EVERYWHERE and on the screen and stuff like you would see in a horror game. i like the idea and just gave my opinion. wouldnt mind it in game either looks pretty cool and stuff :)

Edited by Brawleee

know that now it seems a bit more understandable and i knew warframe was that gory i just dont want it to turn into something with a bunch of blood EVERYWHERE and on the screen and stuff like you would see in a horror game.

You know can just turn the Gore off. Problem solved.

Edited by RedSkittlez

warframe___no_by_redskittlez_da-d7gqkb1_

Really?! Really?!  Pl-please tell me your joking. There is a turn off gore thing in the options you know that right hence why there is the M rating. Also insects can be considered parasites you know that right? So I can see the Parasites and samurai theme due to the samurai making their armor look plated like insects have chitin. I will also ask you this please please read the first post and the thread and not look at the pretty pretty pictures. We've had this argument rise up waaaaaay too many times and i would like it if people would stop being afraid of things like this cause we also have nekros. So please understand that Typhus is a good warframe in design and abilities and not sway the artist to fit your needs.

i just gave my opinion... im new to this thread. i also never knew samurai did that based of insects and just learned that a few seconds ago. sorry if i offended you...

if its like the gory currently in the game its fine... i just dont want this to turn into Call of Duty's BLOODY SCREEN SO REAL... where i cant see anything anymore

tumblr_m96cakSTi41qzd5bpo1_1280_zpsc0f21

Didn't I just mention you can turn this function off. Its a third person shooter it won't affect your screen like COD.

i just gave my opinion... im new to this thread. i also never knew samurai did that based of insects and just learned that a few seconds ago. sorry if i offended you...

Your opinion is fine it was just the way you came off with it. It sounded like you were against it.

i stand corrected

i also never said he couldnt i just said I THINK meaning my opinion it should just be parasitical nor did i say he didnt blend it well enough, though i dont recall in samurai like abilities (remind me if there were any cause i dont remember any)

and i mean maybe i bit to violent, yes this is an m rated game but im just saying it seems like it belongs in a soley based horror game then again seeing those photos i guess not i didnt actually think about that and im sorry

i also said it was just my opinion and would have no problem with it being in game

i didnt mean to offend him or anyone i just gave my opinion and im sorry

i didnt mean to offend you in any way and am sorry if i did, i also never new samurai wore armor based of insects, learn something enw everyday :D

know that now it seems a bit more understandable and i knew warframe was that gory i just dont want it to turn into something with a bunch of blood EVERYWHERE and on the screen and stuff like you would see in a horror game. i like the idea and just gave my opinion. wouldnt mind it in game either looks pretty cool and stuff :)

your fine for having your opinion. The problem was that. A, like you said you are new to this thread and probably didnt read the OP completely. and B, you stated an argument that has been brought up countless times and we and probably Red are getting tired of explaining it all the time.

Honestly... I don't know which I like more between M-Typhus and F-Typhus(Typhis? is that an actual thing you're going with?). They both have great designs in general. I like M-Typhus because hey, nostalgia. He's been a he from the beginning so yeah. F-Typhus has a nice look to her and keeps with the original theme. I'll cast my vote with M-Typhus though. Honestly I say you make F-Typhus into it's own frame with a similar feel.

Or better yet, this may be the first release for alt genders on the warframes. We've been wanting that for long enough to get DE's attention.

...I hope

I LOL So hard RedSkittlez, did you just went to my Tenchu Thread, ignore everything else and grab the Green Ranger on the Iron Throne pic just to post it here?

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/228990-a-big-project-tenchu-the-divine-punishment-update-12514-kage-warframe-artwork/

It may not be as good as your Typhus, but I'm glad you actually come to my thread :)

I was about to do a proper model of good ol Typhus. Then he changes. Then he goes female. Now im just confused lol.

Should I still do the original frame on the OP? Or the newer samurai?

Love them all but wasted work is wasted effort and I would love to do a homage to the design.

I was about to do a proper model of good ol Typhus. Then he changes. Then he goes female. Now im just confused lol.

Should I still do the original frame on the OP? Or the newer samurai?

Love them all but wasted work is wasted effort and I would love to do a homage to the design.

the samurai is the final design I believe.

Hmmm. Well i could do the original first, then add the samurai helm features and the legguards etc as replacables.

This way I can adapt to whatever changes Red will do.

Of course there is a chance DE actually makes a version of this and surprises us all.