Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Typhus - The Parasite Warframe

RedSkittlez

Let me make it easy for you: You can't make anything, without it reminding someone of something. Complete originality is IMPOSSIBLE. And we have nothing but Red's word to go on if he did or didn't draw inspiration off Prototype. 

You can not expect someone to make something and then not have the audience draw parallels with other parts of mass media. You. can. not. 

Secondly: Even if Red has never heard of that other game, and DE implements this frame in it's current form. The Radical and Activision might not see it that way. All they'd see is "this looks like X, Y and Z of ours. And they are making money off of it. DEPLOY THE LAWYERS!" 

Of course I am oversimplifying it and making it out to be worse then it might be. But that's the gist of it. The concept is really neat if a bit wonky. But it is getting uncomfortably close to an another piece of intellectual property even if Red did all the work on his own. Props to red. The artwork and designs are awesome. Though I believe it is missing the aspect that the warframe is supposed to be a conduit for the Tenno's "affliction". Tenno has the powers, suits concentrate those powers into usable combat abilities. 

I appreciate the feedback and your concern but I never played prototype. Yes I am aware of the media but I have no idea of the story or the characters. If you want you could always add me on steam if you wish. I'm a strict PC gamer but again like you said, it's just my word. If you check the main thread you will see my inspiration for the frame that I got from actual parasites in our world. You have to realize that some media takes inspiration from other media like DE did from mortal kombat with frost and the scorpion grineer. But keep in mind, Prototype probably took it's inspiration from other media like "The Thing" for example. In the movie there is that creature that absorbs the matter of the victim and mimics said victim to even knowing all his memories. Also we can go one step further and we could say they took inspiration from dragon ball Z. The Villain called Cell absorbs his victims in the same manner while gaining their powers or strengths. Everything out there has already been done no matter how original you think it is someone out there may have thought of it before you.

Also, I based it more on Dark Sector through Hayden Tenno, through his infection by the technocyte virus his armś flesh was turning into metal and that's how he manifested the glave. Later on in the game he obtains the Excalibur proto armor and if you look at the armor you can very well see that the technocyte is actually fusing with the the material of the suit. Now comes the quote from the game:

"Its not just a weapon, its a part of me".

It modified Hayden into a higher quality warrior, with that being said our modern Tenno have the same system in place but the Warframe itself acts as a proxy. A literal magnifying glass to their powers, each suited for whatever evolution of the virus has needed. With Hayden(he was able to use the glaive before the armor) it was becoming an extension of himself; a reflection if you will. With Typhus, in this reguard, his armor is reflecting what his abilities are, thats what I'm basing it on. Hayden from Dark Sector is one of the lore we can go on at the moment, and until DE releases more lore this is all we go on. At the end of the day, the lore is really lacking, thus making what we state/guess is all on our own.  

I'm addressing this issue now because I know your new to my thread. Now lets just get back on topic and have an enjoyable concept to discuss.

Edited by RedSkittlez

/rant

Now that you said it, Warframes does indeed look like the Armor power from Prototype, Excalibur is a great example. But the thing here is that Typhys/ Typhis here does not look like it come from Prototype as all.

I do have a question, however ? Is freedom of speech and criticism do not allow here at all in this thread? All the man said is that Typhus remind him of Prototype, that isn't even a negative critisim, it's just his food of though, and all of the sudden. "Blahhh blaan let me go easy on you blah blah getting Ulcer?" Next thing you know, the poor guy may have gotten hate mail from Typhus "fan" send to him like I did 2 days ago.

But let not drag this on any further, this thread will end soon, since there will be an U14 patch coming. And if we are lucky, Typhus may be in it, so that this thread doesn't get drag any longer, see Zephyr thread for an example

Let me make it easy for you: You can't make anything, without it reminding someone of something. Complete originality is IMPOSSIBLE. And we have nothing but Red's word to go on if he did or didn't draw inspiration off Prototype. 

You can not expect someone to make something and then not have the audience draw parallels with other parts of mass media. You. can. not. 

Secondly: Even if Red has never heard of that other game, and DE implements this frame in it's current form. The Radical and Activision might not see it that way. All they'd see is "this looks like X, Y and Z of ours. And they are making money off of it. DEPLOY THE LAWYERS!" 

Of course I am oversimplifying it and making it out to be worse then it might be. But that's the gist of it. The concept is really neat if a bit wonky. But it is getting uncomfortably close to an another piece of intellectual property even if Red did all the work on his own. Props to red. The artwork and designs are awesome. Though I believe it is missing the aspect that the warframe is supposed to be a conduit for the Tenno's "affliction". Tenno has the powers, suits concentrate those powers into usable combat abilities. 

So I know Red is going to respond but I want to say something first:

As we (Red, Myself, Teqno, Kara, Santiak, and others) have stated multiple times, you know because we do play with him as well as many others, we know for a fact he doesn't play Prototype. IF you get hate mail, well you probably brought that on yourself for being dumb with your comments on this thread. I for one have posted on a few different concepts (Dragon in particular, stating my opinion) while not accusing anyone of anything. If you want to post saying, "OH you got that from this game" or "You totally got that from this" without even reading through the thread then yeah you deserve to get yelled at by the community for not reading. I for one before I make a smart-&#!/reasonable/opinionated post WILL READ the entire post so I don't look like an &#! when I post the same thing. I'm willing to take warning points here to tell you guys to quit being stupid on this thread and just read through it. No, Typhus is not done, just because someone starts on a new project don't assume that they've stopped. Who knows, maybe 2days/3weeks/5months down the road Red comes up with something so extremely badass that it puts Typhus/Typhis in a category of its own.

So far we've gotten people making the following stupid things on this thread (which I wont discuss further because most have been resolved but here is the list):

TOO EVIL

TOO GORY

TOO SIMILAR TO PROTOTYPE

TOO CLOSE TO ARROW

TOO MANY CLONE ACCOUNTS UP-VOTING IT

NOW PEOPLE/PERSONS if you continue to bash the creator of this thread or just post post accusations without proof, I will defend each and everyone on this forum thread to my hearts content. Understand, Red has been working on this for 3 months now and he does it for fun. This is all on his own free time, not because he has too, he wants too. The Vulcanus thread is a clan based warframe that a guildie wants/wanted to see. So for the hell of it give the man some breathing room. Working non-stop on the same thing does and will get tiring to a point where he may just delete the whole damn thing and take it somewhere else.

NOW JUST FOR MY SANITY AND ABILITY TO POST ON THE THREADS CONTINUALLY, quit being stupid!

/rantend

someone actually being intelligent,

oh and quote "NOW JUST FOR MY SANITY AND ABILITY TO POST ON THE THREADS CONTINUALLY, quit being stupid!"

thank you my sanity is bad enough as it is

Red reiterating things he has already had to explain

People seriously need to get this through their heads and actually read before making these accusations

and finally

Is freedom of speech and criticism do not allow here at all in this thread?

it is but everybody keeps saying the EXACT SAME THING the ignorance gets slightly irritating

Edited by PsychoRioe

thank you my sanity is bad enough as it is

People seriously need to get this through their heads and actually read before making these accusations

and finally

it is but everybody keeps saying the EXACT SAME THING the ignorance gets slightly irritating

That's the thing though, I'm as tired as everyone else of people bringing up Prototype and then having to spend a page or more on the same conversation we've had already, but the person wasn't accusing Red of anything. They were just noting that Typhus reminds them of Prototype, which is fair. Granted, the comparison doesn't really go beyond "both things eat people and use their matter/mass".

First, to anyone who wishes to think of me a drooling trilobite: Did I at any point say "ripped off Prototype" No I didn't, I said it reminded me of it. Do not put accusatory words into my mouth (or fingertips in this case, and no offense to any fossilized prehistoric museum pieces reading this post). 

Secondly, I am NOT going to read through 60 pages of comments just to say one single digit word sentence. I mean seriously. Does any of you really think i have the time, energy and attention span to go through 60 pages? By page 30 I'd have forgotten what the thread was about. And besides, I reserve the right to pass feedback on something based solely on the OP and rest of page 1 (if I feel merciful).

Now for Red.

The concept is neat. As I said before. It has very nice touches that make it stand out as a separate frame. I don't frequent the forums as much as i probably should (again stuff to do) but what other concepts I've seen have always lost their flare because they bring very little new to the table. Reminding me more of "lets take the awesome parts of Frame A and B and put them together!". This concept is an unique personality when compared to the other frames, not a combination of other frames. Meaning when I read through the OP I did not think "Kind of like FRAME-A, but with a bit of FRAME B and C mixed in" 

As for my feedback on tenno-warframe relation. I, personally, find it difficult to place Dark Sector into any meaningful correlating timeframe to tie into Warframe. For example it is very heavily implied that we, the tenno, are made through unprotected exposure to the Void. Hayden was the result of being stabbed with a dirty knife (a very large, bio-metallic knife with a designed bioweapon for dirt). Not arguing that the technocyte or some version of it isn't used in the process. Fun fact: Ancient infested have fossilized armor, not biometallic. 

Also, the "break away" with the armor seems really awesome. But If anything I'm going to say that I am not a fan of the idea of actual flesh being shown. Not because of gore or anything. But it kind of breaks the mystery of "are tenno even flesh and bone?" I mean, look at Hydroid, His frame could be a glorified bottle, for all we know. 

So I might suggest a sort of bottom layer, that has areas that have textures that resembles muscle, but actually aren't, Still giving the impression that even when the armor chips away, there is still a wearable suit underneath. Considering tenno get blasted into the vacuum on a pretty regular basis a purely skin and bones idea (that is peppered with puncture holes from where the armor used to be attached) wouldn't be what you'd want in a combat situation with risk of being exposed to the vacuum of space. 

Most of this might of already been discussed in the thread previously, so again. I didn't the read the 59 pages between OP and this. Might want to look into reserving a second post in a thread just for frequent responses. Or Simply putting an "FAQ" style Spoiler tagged area in the OP. 

Edited by Lakais

Now that you said it, Warframes does indeed look like the Armor power from Prototype, Excalibur is a great example. But the thing here is that Typhys/ Typhis here does not look like it come from Prototype as all.

I do have a question, however ? Is freedom of speech and criticism do not allow here at all in this thread? All the man said is that Typhus remind him of Prototype, that isn't even a negative critisim, it's just his food of though, and all of the sudden. "Blahhh blaan let me go easy on you blah blah getting Ulcer?" Next thing you know, the poor guy may have gotten hate mail from Typhus "fan" send to him like I did 2 days ago.

But let not drag this on any further, this thread will end soon, since there will be an U14 patch coming. And if we are lucky, Typhus may be in it, so that this thread doesn't get drag any longer, see Zephyr thread for an example

the problem he and alot of us have is that we have had the discussion of Typhus reminding people of prototype quite a few times and alot of us are getting tired of having to explain it over and over again.

Feedback -

Don't take this the wrong way, as I do think constructive criticism is good for the design process. As such, this post is meant for the sake of debating what little lore we have to go on in regards to the Tenno, and the Warframes themselves and how they're made, and how they work.

If you own the Excalibur proto-armour, the in-game description states " Discovering the precise nature of this recently uncovered armored prototype has proved elusive. Initial attempts at dating point to ancient origins, perhaps even predating Orokin Empire." But again, that's a possibility as far as we, as players, are concerned.

I'm pretty sure that connects Warframe and DarkSector, proving that Warframes and Tenno existed before the rsie of the Orokin empire. It's possible that the Orokin knew about Hayden, but didn't know how to fully replicate his abilities and infection until a freak accident spawned the first Orokin-built Tenno.

If you didn't know, I'll quote something for you to read over: "The Infested are what appear to be Corpus and Grineer Humanoids who have been taken over by the "Technocyte" plague. The majority of Infested seem to be former Corpus Crewmen or Grineer Lancers. However they are also speculated to originate from failed Tenno experiments, hinted at by Lephantis asking the Tenno, "Why do you destroy us, we are your flesh" This could explain the various powers or abilities some infested have. Most Infested do not have any significant ranged combat ability.

That's important to remember that the Technocyte plague existed back during the days of darkSector, in which it is shown the the plague can somehow convert organic matter, such as skin or bone, into a material quite similar to steel. I, by my interpretation, believe that this is where the "Fosilized" armour that ancients utilize came from. Considering the act of "Fossilization" means to "replace organic matter with mineral substances in the remains of an organism." some Metals are a Mineral substance, are they not? Ergo, the Ancient has Fossilized with metallic armour.

An interesting note is that apparently the Lotus refers to ancients as Plant-like. Take from that what you will, though, given I read that on the Warframe wiki... But Fossilized plants have been found, so I'd still believe that my interpretation of the lore is accurate. It is my summation that the Tenno must be flesh and blood creatures. Why else would they bleed? Why else would Lephantis state that "We are the same flesh"? And also, keep in mind that they did send actual humanoid children, into the void.

"exposed to the vacuum of space" The Tenno do bleed, so they clearly need oxygen to live (As they have red blood). However, I think that the Tenno utilize a form of self-regenerating organic shield. It's not so much the Tenno that needs as much clean oxygen as a normal human, but the suit, the Warframe itself that requires oxygen, perhaps to power some of its systems with a bio-chemical reaction. Which might explain why, even though the Tenno are technically wearing a full-seal vacuum suit, we still need oxygen. In example; A survival mission on the various ships. With that said, they can survive in vacuum of space, a short period of time with their Shields. Plus typhus' armour regrows.

In closing, we can't really determine what's accurate and what's not. not until DE step in and says "Yeah, this is how it all fits together." Its up to our interpretation to take what we know and put what we can together with other information that is present.

Also, there is a link to the FAQ in the first post, if you require more information, you can check it out.

Edited by RedSkittlez

Ok lot of talk around the main topic of the thread wich is a warframe concept.

It is worth debating if the tenno under the warframe should be seen. The mystery is a key thing.

But like most superheroes I think the mystery lies in the face. Tenno are human in form. They are space mutants and could have glowing skin, look like the infested or be angelic.

The point is all and none could be true. The fact Typhus is in symbiosis with the armor makes him stand out. De still says tenno are individuals right? This tenno show exposed flesh, is this really a problem though?

And to answer if Tenno are human, we seriously question it while looking at Nova, basically a latex power-suit?

Now I have a really good question to Red

If DE would sent you an Email saying: " Yeah we are gonna put this into the game, but unlike Zephyr we will stick to the concept."
Which concept would you choose for them to put in? The original one, the Samurai with the Kabuto Helmet, or the female Typhis?
Here my guess:
I like the original one, he fit Warframe design the most, as for the Samurai ones, I'm gonna make a wild guess that they prefer Ninja-look more, and well Typhis I don't think she fit for the game at all, I really love the art, I do, but the design:

It does not look feminine in my opinion.

Female samurai a thing?

It does not look feminine, look at other Female Frames, they have curb, they have butt, they have boobs, Typhis look like a Typhus who lose weight a lot and wear a breastplate that look like boobs.

I don't want to sound rude, but I feel as though your question is extremely sexist and I really don't appriciate it. Just because she doesn't have an "&#!" or  the "boobs" doesn't mean she isn't female. Armor does cover up quite a bit of a human anatomy on male and females.

Female Samurai is a thing?

And yes, there were quite a bit of female aids to their husbands, they even have a name Onna-bugeisha. Look it up, there are quite a few in history as well. They were defenders of their households while the husbands were away. They wielded naganitas as well as many others.

Edited by RedSkittlez

Okayyyyyyyyyyy, can we stop the heated now EMagnolo, we cool?

Anyway Red, which concept will you give DE if they want to put Typhus in the game? I think DE did a really bad job on Zephyr, she look nothing at all like the awesome concept Vol drawn. 

Oh yeah, the Female Samurai exist, just check it

I sense prototype...

In the works of Typhus. Hopefully DE is already working out how to implement Typhus. 

At-first-i-was-like-but-then-i-lold.jpg

Also, I don't think Kaz and Red got your word play, lol. "I sense prototype...In the works of Typhus"

Edited by JerZeyCJ

warframe___female_typhus_2_0_by_redskitt

I don't know man, considering I did a full update on the female version now. I actually think I prefer the female version over the male version.

Now I have a really good question to Red (something that will not make EnMagnolo rant like he was having seizrures)

If DE would sent you an Email saying: " Yeah we are gonna put this into the game, but unlike Zephyr we will stick to the concept."

Which concept would you choose for them to put in? The original one, the Samurai with the Kabuto Helmet, or the female Typhis?

Here my guess:

I like the original one, he fit Warframe design the most, as for the Samurai ones, I'm gonna make a wild guess that they prefer Ninja-look more, and well Typhis ( please don't start defending blindly, I'm talking to a certain someone) I don't think she fit for the game at all, I really love the art, I do, but the design:

It does not look feminine, look at other Female Frames, they have curb, they have butt, they have boobs, Typhis look like a Typhus who lose weight a lot and wear a breastplate that look like boobs.

Female Samurai is a thing?

Well that just my honest opinion, please don't put it in your list of stupid thing or whatever the hell it is, you want to defend right now, go ahead, this is a constructive critisim right here mister!

From now on this is how I write in this thread. Because if I would ever put a little negative stuff in any of my comment, a whole army storm my &#!, and maybe send me hate mail, but the hate mail part is over, thank god

im sorry dude but are you kidding me? look at that picture above, that is feminine to the max, she has the curves you would expect females to have without being exaggerated, the hips the waist, the long legs, thats a female. Also petite like some women. 

Now have you seen the colored Samurai Typhus pictures in the 50's set of pages, maybe in the late 40's that looks VERY warframe, more then some.

And about Nova I dont really thing its latex it looks more like the plastic you would see on the starwars stormtroopers. 

Edited by Senketsu_

At-first-i-was-like-but-then-i-lold.jpg

Also, I don't think Kaz and Red got your word play, lol. "I sense prototype...In the works of Typhus"

Epic my friend, just epic!

I sense prototype...

In the works of Typhus. Hopefully DE is already working out how to implement Typhus. 

Thank you my friend!

On another note, I personally advise you try the Prototype games, I found them quite enjoyable

I would advice skipping Prototype 2, eventhough I like the gameplay and the story, it has MUCH LESS content than the first game and is very short as well.

I would like to add something to this thread, in fact concept threads as a whole.

There are in my opinion two reasons for doing a concept.

1) The OP had an idea that he/she feel would be awesome and strives to get upvotes and attention in order to convince the developers to add it to the game.

2) The OP has a love for the work and if it makes it into the game is not the absolute goal, but a nice bonus.

If notoriety and upvoting alone would put a concept in the game was enough, Derf Anyo and the Oracle would be a thing by now.

After the past months changes I don't know how DE descide anymore. Pagan gods, creatures from the deep and now lamadogs tells me anything goes, as long as it is interesting enough.

And great ideas thrive in this forum.