Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More "fun" Rooms And Options?

Vargras

Latest patch brought us a big ole garden, which was appreciated (even if the decoration cap is stupidly low. Only 15? Really?). However, I'd love to see more "fun" rooms, rooms that aren't utility-based like the labs, but are instead just something else for people to do within their dojos.

Things I'd like to see:

-More garden rooms, with one for each of the seasons. DE has been rather keen about using autumn, and though it does have some pretty colors associated with it, I'd like to see some spring, summer, and winter rooms and colors.

-An aquarium. It's in the concept art, and I'd absolutely love to see it make it into the game. As an added bonus, perhaps have the aquarium gain more and more fish as clan members pick up more codex scans?

-A firing range. This one has been said repeatedly, but a firing range would be nice to have. We already have a dueling room and an obstacle course, so a firing range just seems logical.

-An option to toggle newer dojos to the older Orokin appearance. I absolutely love the original dojo tileset, and prefer it over the new one. If I had the option to toggle everything back to that older appearance, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

-An increased decoration limit for the gardens. They're supposed to be gardens, and so being able to only put down 5 decorations is... well, silly.

Edited by Vargras

I also think we need more interactable decorations.

Speaking of which, sometimes I forget that there's some roleplay clans within this game. Some rooms or decorations might help them out quite a bit.

Further examples:

-A library. It'd function just like the codex, but would instead pull up a hologram or something for the related entry.

-An armory. Lets users change weapons and warframes without having to actually leave the dojo. Lots of potential for some cool animations here.

-A foundry. A physical representation of the same thing, the foundry would still let you build items for yourself, but it would allow you to watch things a bit. I know I'm dumping money and materials into making items, but where is it happening? How is it happening? Lots of potential here too.

-Launch bay. I can see this happening after DE changes the map so users group up in lobbies, but allowing dojos to build a launch bay would definitely spice things up a bit. Perhaps have the launch bay be the only way to run certain missions or something.

Edited by Vargras

-An armory. Lets users change weapons and warframes without having to actually leave the dojo. Lots of potential for some cool animations here.

I imagine Tenno changing Warframes is somehow similar to Darth Vader's chamber in Empire Strikes Back. Or maybe more like what you see in the Iron Man movies... either way it would be fun (and a pain) for the animators I guess.

I imagine Tenno changing Warframes is somehow similar to Darth Vader's chamber in Empire Strikes Back. Or maybe more like what you see in the Iron Man movies... either way it would be fun (and a pain) for the animators I guess.

Or maybe like those suit change stations in the Dead Space series. (Disclosure: I haven't played any of them - just watched Jim Sterling's video about Fee to Pay, so I have no clue what those are actually called.)

I'd like to add to the list:

- some kind of personal quarters, where I can hang some of my Prime weapons on the wall to make space in my inventory (and of course decorate the room with other stuff as well)

Edited by Bibliothekar

I second all of those ideas.  Some additional thoughts.

- Firing range: I've seen this suggested elsewhere with the added benefit of being able to try out weapons you don't have so you can see how they work before you buy.  Also saw a suggestion for a "danger room" where you could fight enemies you've scanned.  Maybe a "combat simulator" room that functions as both a danger room and a firing range would work well.

- Library: In addition to being a physical codex, I think it should compile all of the clan's scans (maybe with higher scan requirements per the clan's tier), so that new members can still looks things up that may not be in their own codex as another way clan members can help each other.  Also, this clan-wide codex could be used for other benefits, such as the danger room concept above or to provide a slight damage boost against fully scanned enemy units.  One final idea, maybe update the Oracle room with this function rather than creating a whole new room, since it would fit with the Oracle's purpose of supporting research.

- Upping decoration limits: I think this is especially needed for the lower tier clan halls given their sheer size.  The small rooms I don't think need it so much if at all, though the new large garden really should have a higher limit.

- New decoration: Definitely need more variety, and I double second elements that change or grow to reflect the clan's progress.  I'd also like to see more functional elements with purpose like the trading post.

- Upping decoration limits: I think this is especially needed for the lower tier clan halls given their sheer size.  The small rooms I don't think need it so much if at all, though the new large garden really should have a higher limit.

Clan halls have a decoration limit of 60 (instead of 15) now. I'd need to re-check, but I think that goes for all of them.

I'm on the PS4 version, so if it was updated since 11.5, it wouldn't have affected us yet, but I just checked our dojo.  Currently the decoration allowances from clan hall up to grandest clan hand are 15/18/21/40/120.  Specifically I think the great and greater hall limits need increased.  With most of the items taking up 3 decoration space, the great hall can only hold 6 decorations unless I want to put flags and plants all over the place, and the greater hall with its sheer size would be a real challenge to make it not feel empty.  As for the clan hall, 15 is fine for me since it's pretty small, and I'd be hard pressed to fill up the grandest hall.

I thought of some more dojo options while driving home from class. Gonna change the topic title to reflect it after I'm done with this.

-An option to change dojo colors. Right now, users are basically stuck with white lights in the ceilings, and blue lights in all the doors. Some clans have set colors though, colors that best match their clan emblem or overall theme. In such cases, bright white lights in the ceiling and blue lights in all the doors isn't necessarily the best thing. Some color options would be neat.

-An option to replace door holograms with the clan emblem. Some doors display a hologram on the front, depending upon the room, in order to show what that room is at a glance. The problem is that most rooms have such a distinct profile on the map that this is largely unnecessary. It'd add a bit of decorative flare if I could replace that with my clan's emblem.

-An option to change dojo ambient music. My current clan, the very same one I founded, is meant for fans of both Warframe and Mass Effect. I don't hate the dojo ambient music or anything, but I think it'd be awesome if I could upload my own music, or choose from other presets.