Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, I Have Figured Out How To Solve The Ammo Dilemma (Ammo 2.0)

Sebastianx

Yeah i am going to have to take a stance against the ammo 2.0 idea of yours and blast it out of the air.

First off yes i can agree the high rate of fire on some weapons does deplete ammo fast, but we have ammo restores and ammo mutaion mods for those of us that have managed to get them from survivals. Next i can't really see a need to use that ammo system, i mean if you have an issue with a weapons high rate of fire stick to slower shooting weapons which have better ammo use.

If all you do is run into a room and use a spray and pray method from long range.....yeah your going to run out of ammo, try and get use to the gun your using and figure out its effective range then pick a second gun that either fits your playstyle or makes up for the shortcommings of the other gun be it range, damage, or accuracy.

The way they have the current ammo system is fine given what I have experiences so far. In fact i find it fun to know that for certain boss fight like kril i need to conserve ammo while i shoot at the tubes on his back.

As if the soma wasn't crazy good as is.  

The only real drawback to the soma is that it eats up ammo like lucky charms.  "Fixing" ammo will essentially give the soma literally no drawbacks.

Yes some pistols and the like chew through ammo really fast, but they also do a ton of damage typically.

Change from 4 ammo types to 3. Light, med, heavy.

Pistols, SMGs are light

Shotgun rifle sniper are med

saws, rockets, grenades are heavy.

The base value of each pickup can stay 20 but the weapon type itself has a natural modifier.

Pistols would have no modifier for light ammo and get 20. While a SMG has a x2 modifier and get 40.

Rifles have no modifier and get 20 from med ammo. Shotguns have a .5x mod and pick up 10 and sniper has a .25x and pick up 5

This could allow ammo guzzler heavy machine guns to get a 1.5x

And for heavy, Saws could be a base 20. grenades a .5x and rockets like sniper .25x

When the weapon type effects the drop amount, you can actually add balance to ammo consumption than just tossing it to the category that's just kinda close to what it might be, or just breaking it outright like Ogris.

In terms of drop rate, instead of 4 different types close to 70%,50%,40%,25%. Could just drop the 3 at equal rates.

Ammo mutation mods can split with a new set. One can still steal other ammo types as they function currently.

Another one can adjust the guns actual modifier with perhaps a decrease to damage output.

ex: A new mod can increase the SMG modifier 2.2 2.4 2.6 2.8 to max 3x so 60 ammo from 40. but decrease damage per level as you can spray much more.

And add a custom value of max ammo per weapon rather than default it and making the whole system pointless from the start.

There's an ammo problem?  Since when?  Some guns eat bullets, some don't.  You want more, increase your max ammo and/or use an ammo mutator.  Or you can use that ammo type scavenger aura.  Not sure what is so difficult about this.

If it is about the Penta and Ogris having too much ammo, complain and have DE switch them to sniper ammo type and be done with it.  Though, i would think the Penta would qualify more like a shot gun personally (kinda like the new Phage).

Ammo by fire rate, uh no.  I don't even know how any would be able to hold 2000+ bullets for twin vipers on their person if that ever came to be.  Some weapons will use ammo faster than others, just like some frames are faster than others.  This idea just hurts my head.

There are some weapons that eat all the ammo in 15 seconds,it's not even fun to use those,especially when they have incredibly small damage per bullet. And also,since we can hold over 500 rockets I'm pretty sure 2000 tiny bullets won't be a problem for our multi-dimensional pocketed tenno.

There are some weapons that eat all the ammo in 15 seconds,it's not even fun to use those,especially when they have incredibly small damage per bullet. And also,since we can hold over 500 rockets I'm pretty sure 2000 tiny bullets won't be a problem for our multi-dimensional pocketed tenno.

Again, the only problem with those guns is either...

a)You're not using burst firing to help conserve ammo

b)You're fighting enemies that are so high a level they will eat the gun's entire capacity before dropping.

Both of these things have nothing to do with the ammo drops or the ammo limitations of the guns themselves. It doesn't help that problem a is a lot easier to adjust for than problem b...

ammo has no meaningful gameplay purpose and only exists because the devs aren't particularly creative. they just included a bunch of classical fps/tps elements without having any real reason for doing so beyond "well gee other games do it". the game devs lack a strong mechanical vision, basically

I got some good excuse for this : 

Does Miter allow you to self damage ,I mean self kill if you miss or mistake your fire?

Better excuse that at least some of us are aware of: It doesn't matter how much total ammo you give Ogris or Penta, you will still never run out. Most complaints are from people who don't even use it, so they aren't entirely aware of this supposed problem they speak of.

ammo has no meaningful gameplay purpose and only exists because the devs aren't particularly creative. they just included a bunch of classical fps/tps elements without having any real reason for doing so beyond "well gee other games do it". the game devs lack a strong mechanical vision, basically

right... then we can get of reloads too and I can just lean on my trigger all game... good times.

I disagree with the OP. Having an ammo deficiency is part of the "give and take" of the gun. The Grakata has a huge fire rate = crits, but the downside is that it chews through ammo. So you need to either use it differently, or sacrifice mod capacity to add in mutation, ammo pool, etc. So do you take Grakata and AFuris on a high level defense/survival mission? Maybe not. Or if you run out of ammo,  you start using your secondary.

As to the other poster, I agree that Penta, Ogris, and Torid should not be using rifle ammo, but sniper ammo.  Miter should use rifle ammo.  But that's an oversight by the devs.

right... then we can get of reloads too and I can just lean on my trigger all game... good times.

The overheat system Mass Effect 1 used was a pretty good attempt at an 'ammo-less' system. Mass Effect 2 and 3 had 'universal' ammo clips, with each weapon gaining a different amount of ammunition per clip (each weapon also had a different magazine/total ammo capacity, but that's another story entirely).

I disagree with the OP. Having an ammo deficiency is part of the "give and take" of the gun.

There are only a few weapons that are truly floundering in the current system. Rifles and pistols max ammo works for quite a few weapons and there are only a few weapons would need an adjustment, such as explosive weapons. 

The SMG secondary weapons should have a higher max starting ammo count, closer to 400 would help. Their sustained DPS are almost all worse than soma, and this would only make them useable. 

Wraith Viper shots all its ammo in a few dozen seconds, and there is zero advantage in using it for DPS when other weapons can get those DPS levels without such handicap. I do not make a habit of trusting DPSframe, but it list its ammo life span at 16 seconds.

I know that SMG pistols should have ammo limitations, but it currently uses up ammo faster than it can be gained even using a mutation mod. The only time I have found Wraith Vipers can be viable, is when in a group where I can refrain from shooting and let other people do the work.

Edited by LazyKnight