Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soma 4 Formas

blackbeastlord1

Question

my soma is 3 v  2 - 1 D   

i thought it is bad to use d polarity on weapons can anyone tell me best soma build with this polaritys :)

Should of went with all v's son. lol

got 4 v's on my bad boy

Edited by Zylin

nob , crit buff is rly less

heavy cal useless? xDDD

Its crit CHANCE. So you can make it near enough 100%

Heavy calibur is useless as its buff is absolutely tiny with a horrid spread increase, in comparison to gaining more chance to have more powerful shots with BETTER accuracy.

The Soma is a CRIT based weapon, NOT standard damage.

Edited by Stormandreas

3 V 1 - if you plan to use Heavy Calibur, 2 V and 2 - if you do not.

not using heavy call is the worst choice u can do

BTW guys, he don´t asked for the best build, he wants to know what HE can do best in HIS soma after this ..well ..not verry well formaing

Edited by Burkholz

3 V's and 1 - would've been best. Elemental mods are expensive. Also, Hammer Shot and Critical Delay are for scrubs.

Well, no, that's not entirely true. If you really go as hard as you can for headshots, Hammer Shot will give you a good damage boost, though Heavy Caliber will obviously make that harder. And if you don't mind countering the Fire Rate loss from Critical Delay with Shred, per se, that can definitely be put to good use. But if your aim isn't good enough to get consistent headshots, go for a third element and an appropriate Bane mod (or Ice Damage for Corrupted's Shields). Heavy Caliber is something you should always use, too, it'll benefit it just as well as Serration.

Edited by nintega

3 V's and 1 - would've been best. Elemental mods are expensive. Also, Hammer Shot and Critical Delay are for scrubs.

Well, no, that's not entirely true. If you really go as hard as you can for headshots, Hammer Shot will give you a good damage boost, though Heavy Caliber will obviously make that harder. And if you don't mind countering the Fire Rate loss from Critical Delay with Shred, per se, that can definitely be put to good use. But if your aim isn't good enough to get consistent headshots, go for a third element and an appropriate Bane mod (or Ice Damage for Corrupted's Shields). Heavy Caliber is something you should always use, too, it'll benefit it just as well as Serration.

please? u think 8,4x crit dmg with hammershoot is not good instead of 6,6x??

You know if you used Critical Delay instead of the useless Heavy Calibur you will get a much better crit rate, as is what the soma is for.

Its crit CHANCE. So you can make it near enough 100%

Heavy calibur is useless as its buff is absolutely tiny with a horrid spread increase, in comparison to gaining more chance to have more powerful shots with BETTER accuracy.

The Soma is a CRIT based weapon, NOT standard damage.

I don't think you undestand the crit mechanics dude.

Why would I try to get closer to 100% crit chance instead of getting the raw damage up (by 165%) wich would crearly make my crits deal way more damage? Plus the accuraccy of the Soma is pretty good, making the full Heavy Caliber loss not bad at all.

I don't think you undestand the crit mechanics dude.

Why would I try to get closer to 100% crit chance instead of getting the raw damage up (by 165%) wich would crearly make my crits deal way more damage? Plus the accuraccy of the Soma is pretty good, making the full Heavy Caliber loss not bad at all.

agree+ heavy cal buffs ur dmg hard every non crit shoot

Bane does more damage than hammershot and infested build is used to plow through mobs since there will be a lot and if I don't want to waste bullets only killing one at a time.

what are u talking about ? :D u deal over 900 dmg less each shoot with bane instead of hammershoot

(dmg+elemental)*6,6*1,3<(dmg+elemental)*8,4

Edited by Burkholz

what are u talking about ? :D u deal 1,3k less dmg each shoot with bane instead of hammershoot

I'm just going by what dpsframe.com gives me. I've tried all types of mods and tried to look for which one gives the best dps. 

6Shic.png

Edited by Skyping

I'm taking this from another thread related to Soma.

Serration gives the biggest multiplier at x2.65 (+165/100)

Then an element at x1.9 (+90/100)

Then PS/VS combo at x3.25. (+(.25+.75*6.6)/(.7+.3*3))

Then Split Chamber at x1.9 (+90/100)

Then Heavy Caliber at x1.62 (+165/265)

Then a 2nd element at x1.47 (+90/190)

That's already 7 mods, stacking the highest possible damage multipliers. You've got several options:

3rd element: x1.32 (+90/280)

Bane: x1.3 (+30/100)

Hammershot: x1.26 (+(.25+.75*8.4)/(.25+.75*6.6))