Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth Mastery Test "review" And Stealth Feedback

Shifted

So, until now I pretty much neglected the existence of stealth in game and just went for yolo rambo mode in every mission.

However, after a few days of ignoring the blinking mastery test I finally got to doing it. My Loki just finished crafting so I felt like it was a good place to test him out.

I'm positively surprised. Turns out that if you get enough motivation to not get spotted and a level properly designed for this, stealth can be actually fun.

I felt like playing a splinter cell game for a while.

Of course there was a lot of downtime waiting for my Energy Siphon to get me enough SpaceMana™ to use my invisibility again, but it felt so much different and fresh compared to the usual rush to objective on every mission.

If DE really plans to make stealth a larger part of the game it's definitely possible, all we need is some stealth-friendly tiles and a way to make stealth more rewarding.

Perhaps a new game mode?

However, considering a large part of forumbase (won't say playerbase, most players probably don't use forums) hates stealth, it probably shouldn't be in the way of progressing. Maybe in alerts, the void, and/or on optional solar map nodes.

Maybe add a 'stealth mission' option to certain nodes, similar to nightmare mode; players can chose to run these instead of the normal missions once they've completed that planet. These missions would be a (solo only) exterminate mission where you fail if you are detected (probably something more lenient, like if they set off the alarm you fail). To prevent non-stealth players from being disadvantaged, there shouldn't be any exclusive rewards. Maybe a guaranteed rare resource drop? Maybe give 2x the reward for not running Loki or Ash for extra hard-mode.

I quite like stealth play. It's why I own three bows. That said, it definitly needs some heavy mechanical work before it will really become a viable gameplay style

Just off the top of my head, we'd need:

1. Rewards for stealth.

2. A way to guarantee that stealth-oriented frames (Loki, Ash, and Banshee) have enough juice to use their powers reguarly without Energy Siphon (since, you know, Banshee has a V aura)

3. A complete rework for Banshee's Silence ability.

4. More clear indicators for how much noise we're making (and how well enemies can hear it).

5. MUCH better Assasination attacks (AT LEAST basing them of the better of Charge and Normal attacks and giving them bonuses from Loki's Invisibility)