Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Return Lady Gorgon To Her Throne

nobucketrequired

Now that Lord HEK has had some glory restored it's only right that Lady Gorgon receives the same treatment.

Lady Gorgon wishes to fire like she used to where single-shots were accurate and when you held down her trigger it would spread her love to all those who yearned for her affection. As it is now her bullets just go randomly no matter how long you hold her down. Similar guns outclass Her Highness and she needs a good buffin'.

It's been awhile since she's gotten enough attention from her subjects.

Twin Gorgons.

And a Twin Gorgon-exclusive mod: Sheer Badassery

Immune to stagger and knockdown when firing Twin Gorgons, and 7.5% chance for bullets to explode.

We still don't have throwing hek's so twin gorgons are not gonna happen, and the mod would be 7.5% chance of explosions AND continuous fire damage.

Remember the times before u7?

Lady Gorgon Ruled Supreme. We want Lady Gorgon back!

Lady Gorgon actually lost out to the Boltor a little bit before U7 since Boltor was hitscan, ignored armour AND it had 25 damage. Of course the Braton skin made a lot of people skeptic but Gorgon's throne was already unsteady before U7 landed. History lesson aside though, a buff would be real nice.

Edited by jrkong

Yeah, it's rare now *cough* 5 bps in the past 3 weeks *cough* so it definitely deserves a decent buff!

In all seriousness though, I doubt DE would feel the desire to buff a retired weapon - because that would lead to people complaining about how they 'can't get it.'

*sells the bps*

Ah, the old days when the Gorgon was loud and proud and the Hek was truly a force to be reckoned with.

Shame they decided to leave them behind when U8 hit. They really could use to be brought back into the modern era, especially since both still have obtainable bps (Gorgon bp reward is annoying, at least make it worth building).

I don't fancy buffs on exclusive weapons. 

You do realize you can still get the Gorgon bp from login, right?

Besides, what good is an exclusive if it's not even on par with the market weapons? I feel like this is the exact reason no one uses Braton Vandal.

Build a Supra, enjoy it's awesomely weird dps. I don't fancy buffs on exclusive weapons. 

Build a Soma if you want a good rifle with long reload time. 

While I'm with you on the supra (maxed mine out and love it) you must be crazy if you consider the soma's reload to be long, especially when you mention the supra in the same post.

Ah yes, I remember the times when lady Gorgon, the akbolto, and dual flame swords ruled supreme. Oh how I miss those days when fighting level 30 enemies was a challenge.

Akbolto is still a very relevant sidearm. Very good dps, damage/shot, magazine, etc.

In terms of damage output Gorgon will not be on the same level with Soma. But what's most annoying for me is Gorgon's accuracy, because Gorgon misses a lot, bullet spread is so wide that both of its bullets with multishot often miss the target. Also, it has an insufferable reload time of 4.2 seconds. As I said earlier, a lot of recent weapons has a great accuracy (like Karak or Tetra) and these weapons have lower mastery rank required. If Gorgon has precision of Soma and Soma's reload time it would justify Gorgon's third mastery rank requirement.

Please, this weapon is too awesome to be retired completely.