The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested 2.0: New Units And Improvements To Old Ones [Wip]

Paradoxbomb

I like a lot of these ideas... but some seem a little OP.

Nonetheless, it'd be nice for the Infested to occupy a special place as foes, terrifying abominations, worse than the Grineer and the Corpus put together. They rarely come, but when they do, even the Grandmasters quiver a little at the sound of their savage war cries, screaming in unison with no mouths on anyone.

Nonetheless, it'd be nice for the Infested to occupy a special place as foes, terrifying abominations, worse than the Grineer and the Corpus put together. They rarely come, but when they do, even the Grandmasters quiver a little at the sound of their savage war cries, screaming in unison with no mouths on anyone.

Some probably are OP, but a lot of the numbers and stats are just rough estimates, I mainly just wanted to get the general concepts across (and like you said, the infested should be the epitome of danger given that they're the least encountered faction). I'm sure as with everything players will find a way to trivialize any encounter, but at the very least having more unit diversity will spice things up a little.

I don't know what OP is really. I solo a T3 void defense with my Vauban and Braton daily. 

I'm too good at video games so everything seems very easy for me. But I assure you these units can be taken down with a few well placed shots.

I don't know what OP is really. I solo a T3 void defense with my Vauban and Braton daily. 

I'm too good at video games so everything seems very easy for me. But I assure you these units can be taken down with a few well placed shots.

I do agree here, look at all of the post that say something like best phage build that ever built. It is quite easy to get crazy high numbers i the game with only a catalyst. Additionally, I think your still clinging to the easiness of infested 1.0, there should be a challenge to it. Like PB said it should be different than just I will shoot it in the face until it's dead.

I do agree here, look at all of the post that say something like best phage build that ever built. It is quite easy to get crazy high numbers i the game with only a catalyst. Additionally, I think your still clinging to the easiness of infested 1.0, there should be a challenge to it. Like PB said it should be different than just I will shoot it in the face until it's dead.

But people have gotten so used to shoot it in the face until it's dead thanks to all the CoD/Halo cloning. Idk if we could go back to enemies (like in metroid) where you had to shoot in a special place or wait for it to do something THEN shoot.

I don't think we could ever go back to that because of what people nowadays are very accustomed to.

Edited by RustyNaps

Credit where it's due, it's pretty hard to define OP in Warframe due to RNG determining whether or not a player has the mods they need to either clear half a map with a few shots or just barely survive a mission. Great as my ideas are (narcissism) I'm sure they'd still suffer the issue of being underpowered for some but overpowered for others.

Mod System 3.0 anyone?

But people have gotten so used to shoot it in the face until it's dead thanks to all the CoD/Halo cloning. Idk if we could go back to enemies (like in metroid) where you had to shoot in a special place or wait for it to do something THEN shoot.

I don't think we could ever go back to that because of what people nowadays are very accustomed to.

It's funny to see how PO'd people get about bosses like Lech or Lephantis having particular weakspots. Hating the damage caps and them bugging out I get, but people act like big glowing red "shoot here" spots haven't been a staple of gaming for years or something. Where have the times gone?

Edited by Paradoxbomb

Has a dead space-ish feel to some of the enemies.

Even if not all of the enemies are implemented into the game. Some really should.

The infested are constantly mutating , changing, and evolving. There should be a large amount of diversity.

I feel the infested would adapt to their environment, so they would be different depending on where they are. I also like your ancient changes, (disruptor, toxic, and healer) I remember when the toxic had an aura. Anyone in the area would be damage, now it may or may not hurt you. 

I really like some of your concepts, I feel they have alot of thought and time put into them. It'd be a shame if nothing came out of your ideas.

Has a dead space-ish feel to some of the enemies.

Even if not all of the enemies are implemented into the game. Some really should.

The infested are constantly mutating , changing, and evolving. There should be a large amount of diversity.

I feel the infested would adapt to their environment, so they would be different depending on where they are. I also like your ancient changes, (disruptor, toxic, and healer) I remember when the toxic had an aura. Anyone in the area would be damage, now it may or may not hurt you. 

I really like some of your concepts, I feel they have alot of thought and time put into them. It'd be a shame if nothing came out of your ideas.

I don't have high hopes that all (if any) of these enemies will be incorporated into the game, but if they to at least inspire some changes to the infested to make them more diverse and competent, I'd be happy.

As for changing according to the environment, I do think it would be a nice detail if Corpus specific maps had a higher tendency to spawn Corpus-specific infested (ie. Golems) whereas Grineer maps had a higher frequency of enemies like Chargers. Unique models for each unit depending on the native would also be nice, but I get the feeling that that's kinda low on DE's priority list (seeing as A LOT of enemies are recolors or re-textures of the same model)

I was not suggesting you HAVE to shoot in one area what I ment was more armored areas or shooting it in the leg will make it limp, an interactive killing. I think the corpus could benifit from this most though. Like being able to shoot the leg of a moa or the wing off an osprey if you hit it in the joint also dealing extra damage. This would allow players to think more strategically then there's an enemy in that direction, I'm gonna spam left mouse that direction until there is no more movement.

Credit where it's due, it's pretty hard to define OP in Warframe

Soma.

It's funny to see how PO'd people get about bosses like Lech or Lephantis having particular weakspots. Hating the damage caps and them bugging out I get, but people act like big glowing red "shoot here" spots haven't been a staple of gaming for years or something. Where have the times gone?

They have evaporated. I believe it's  because how advanced technologies have made people lazier henceforth gamers have become lazier.

Edited by RustyNaps

That was more like $2M.

And a very well-done $2M if I do say so myself. I'd love to play that game.

Much appreciated. Also, $2 mil, eh? That'd buy me quite a bit of platinum...

They have evaporated. I believe it's  because how advanced technologies have made people lazier henceforth gamers have become lazier.

Mankind has become so lazy, that we're to lazy to even do lazy things like play video games (or at least we want to play them very lazily) :/

...Lazy

A few tiiiiiiny little changes:

-Chargers deal double the damage per hit that their current iterations do, and have a 100% chance to stagger the player on hit. Movement speed of 1.9, making them virtually faster than any warframe.

-Asilids now fire 6-8 player-seeking Napalm projectiles, each with a massive AoE and high proc chance. Also ignore shields and are extremely accurate.

-Infestlings have a 100% chance to proc poison damage, each proc will stack. They also immobilize the player upon latching to them, similar to Nervos.

-Cordycep's health multiplier increased; each Cordycep now adds +2,000% of their host's base health. Up to 30 cordyceps can attach to a single infested.

-Toxic Ancients generate a poison cloud again. The toxic cloud is now instant death upon contact, and the radius (in meters) of the cloud is the Ancient's level multiplied by your weapons average DPS, meaning you will have to choose between dealing high damage or covering the area in a massive poisonous blanket. Each cloud lasts about 5 minutes before dispersing.

-Ancient Hive Pods now spawn Toxic Ancients

-Ancient Phalanx is no longer affected by Punch-Through. Additionally, shooting them reflects your bullets right back at you, dealing 10x the bullet's original damage to you.

Happy April 1st folks ;)

Edited by Paradoxbomb

A few tiiiiiiny little changes:

-Chargers deal double the damage per hit that their current iterations do, and have a 100% chance to stagger the player on hit. Movement speed of 1.9, making them virtually faster than any warframe.

-Asilids now fire 6-8 player-seeking Napalm projectiles, each with a massive AoE and high proc chance. Also ignore shields and are extremely accurate.

-Infestlings have a 100% chance to proc poison damage, each proc will stack. They also immobilize the player upon latching to them, similar to Nervos.

-Cordycep's health multiplier increased; each Cordycep now adds +2,000% of their host's base health. Up to 30 cordyceps can attach to a single infested.

-Toxic Ancients generate a poison cloud again. The toxic cloud is now instant death upon contact, and the radius (in meters) of the cloud is the Ancient's level multiplied by your weapons average DPS, meaning you will have to choose between dealing high damage or covering the area in a massive poisonous blanket. Each cloud lasts about 5 minutes before dispersing.

-Ancient Hive Pods now spawn Toxic Ancients

-Ancient Phalanx is no longer affected by Punch-Through. Additionally, shooting them reflects your bullets right back at you, dealing 10x the bullet's original damage to you.

Happy April 1st folks ;)

Nice, espily like the asilid upadte. The Phalanx also sounds extremely fun now (Penta time).

Nice, espily like the asilid upadte. The Phalanx also sounds extremely fun now (Penta time).

Best be careful, naturally that damage reflection extends to AoE effects too. Hope you're not too attached to your teammates. :D

Paradox, can I start the Corpus unit 2.0 thread? I have some mad ideas.

No need to ask me for permission, it's a free forum. By all means go right ahead, I'll be sure to check it out once it's done.

-snip-

No crawlers? :((((((

Still though, nice to see the updated Disruptor, I've added it in as an alternate design. Can't wait to see more!

P.S. For the sake of editing the OP, I would appreciate it if you could reduce the image size of your pictures, navigating the incredibly small editor is tedious even with small pictures.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

No crawlers? :((((((

Still though, nice to see the updated Disruptor, I've added it in as an alternate design. Can't wait to see more!

P.S. For the sake of editing the OP, I would appreciate it if you could reduce the image size of your pictures, navigating the incredibly small editor is tedious even with small pictures.

Made it smaller :3 

Yeah I had a better idea on how to go about the crawler legs, adding some grineer butcher versions :P