Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested 2.0: New Units And Improvements To Old Ones [Wip]

Paradoxbomb

It's actually a uncommon medium unit that pairs up with the common Infested Sieger medium unit which is also a somewhat intact Grineer lancer/trooper. Sieger's though are slower and lumber around, they make use of Dera's or Grakatas infused into their arm though they don't have very good accuracy.

I'm not quite sure what to rename it though. I'll come up with something.

BTW The new Ancient Disruptor and Crawler 2.0 might possibly get done today.

Ah, okay, just struck me as a heavy infested. Can't wait to see the updated Disruptor (and crawler as well).

These ideas are all good, and honestly, I see  the actual infested as... Well just a bunch of beasts, that's what they are after all, and imaginig them evolve to this point you give us. I have only one thing to say : "DE look at these ideas and think a bit of it"

Just a bump :/

Ah good ol' Dead Space. That game didn't disturb the crap out of anyone...

*sheds a single tear*

I was gonna post it yesterday but I'm at my dad's (I don't have to be but I'm courteous so). I'll post them when I get ba ck.

These ideas are all good, and honestly, I see  the actual infested as... Well just a bunch of beasts, that's what they are after all, and imaginig them evolve to this point you give us. I have only one thing to say : "DE look at these ideas and think a bit of it"

That's pretty much how I see it as well, initially they start out as mindless, stereotypical zombies, but given enough time they can evolve into extremely diverse and powerful creatures (not sure if they actually do have psychic abilities, but it kinda seemed that way with the Phorid's bolt attack so I say DE should roll with it). We really need more insight to the actual evolution of infested from the humble Charger to Lephantis.

I was gonna post it yesterday but I'm at my dad's (I don't have to be but I'm courteous so). I'll post them when I get ba ck.

No rush, I just wanted to bump the thread and figured I should offer up a response while I'm at it. That and family comes before posting artwork on some stranger's thread on a video game forum.... or something like that.

This seems like a really good idea.  As they are right now, we can all agree that the only scary infested are the toxics.  This would actually make me think twice about infested missions and give players a reason to use punch-through mods.  I also enjoy the way that you have provided detailed descriptions about the enemies abilities.  Everything seems to make sense and I would enjoy seeing these changes implemented.

Someone mention ideas for Infested boost? Cus I got a old thread I can direct you towards or two... ','

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/44748-some-rough-infested-concepts-return-of-the-infected-centipede/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/62390-infested-enemy-concept-doodle-things/

Just for ideas and refining of course.

Someone mention ideas for Infested boost? Cus I got a old thread I can direct you towards or two... ','

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/44748-some-rough-infested-concepts-return-of-the-infected-centipede/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/62390-infested-enemy-concept-doodle-things/

Just for ideas and refining of course.

Hmm, there's actually quite a few nice ideas/designs in both of these. Kudos to both of them! I'll be sure to add these to player suggestions and keep them in mind if I add any other units to the list. Thanks for sharing :)

Paradoxbomb I'm repairing my printer,crawler should be "right around the corner" ™

43117045.jpg

EDIT: Although I suppose it's worth mentioning that I'm sort of on the fence with crawlers, I updated the OP stating that I feel they'd be better off phased out as a standalone enemy and remain as a byproduct of severing Golems in two (in which case just being a torso works).

Then again, that doesn't mean I'm against overhauling them instead to make them a competent enemy. Perhaps a new take on them is really all that's needed. Look forward to seeing your design :)

Edited by Paradoxbomb

43117045.jpg

EDIT: Although I suppose it's worth mentioning that I'm sort of on the fence with crawlers, I updated the OP stating that I feel they'd be better off phased out as a standalone enemy and remain as a byproduct of severing Golems in two (in which case just being a torso works).

Then again, that doesn't mean I'm against overhauling them instead to make them a competent enemy. Perhaps a new take on them is really all that's needed. Look forward to seeing your design :)

Omg omg omg dude dude dude...

I love that idea. Golems being able to be chopped in half THEN THEY START GROWING SPIDER LEGS.

That would be a sight to see.

-snip-

Also, regarding concept designs, how offended would you be if I tried my hand at drawing my own interpretation of that Infested Warrior? My list feels a bit Pro-Corpus so I figure I should really add some more Grineer-based infested, and including the Infested Warrior would be a good start.

Also, regarding concept designs, how offended would you be if I tried my hand at drawing my own interpretation of that Infested Warrior? My list feels a bit Pro-Corpus so I figure I should really add some more Grineer-based infested, and including the Infested Warrior would be a good start.

I wouldn't mind you did your own interpretation! I love seeing my ideas through other artist styles!

So do what you will with Infested Warrior (Even rename him so people wont get confused with Ancient Warrior) just keep the Scythe that doubles as a buffering shield idea incorporated :)

BTW Still fixing my clunky printer! I've managed to fix the first initial scan but can't get the second sweep to come back down.

I wouldn't mind you did your own interpretation! I love seeing my ideas through other artist styles!

So do what you will with Infested Warrior (Even rename him so people wont get confused with Ancient Warrior) just keep the Scythe that doubles as a buffering shield idea incorporated :)

BTW Still fixing my clunky printer! I've managed to fix the first initial scan but can't get the second sweep to come back down.

Glad to hear. I was thinking something along the lines of a "mini-Lephantis" in that it strongly resembles the Grineer head with the blade arm (although only one head). I'm also thinking of having it be made out of more than one body, so it'll be big but still fast for it's size. I'll be sure to draw just as soon as reality stops interrupting my leisure time (curse you Calculus!).

Also good luck with that printer.

Glad to hear. I was thinking something along the lines of a "mini-Lephantis" in that it strongly resembles the Grineer head with the blade arm (although only one head). I'm also thinking of having it be made out of more than one body, so it'll be big but still fast for it's size. I'll be sure to draw just as soon as reality stops interrupting my leisure time (curse you Calculus!).

Also good luck with that printer.

Hmmm so a disgusting bloated ballista with three legs (from the other ballista) with a snake like upper body and scythe arms? That sounds cool.

I need luck, wish I knew what gear wasn't moving P:

OK, now design an Infested to be like the Anglerfish.

Perhaps having something that resembles a mod and it can turn invisible for a short time.

Perhaps with a copy of a mod drop that it uses to lure Tenno to it?

The invisibility would stop the moment it moved or attacked. It would give us something to look out for other then those stupid broken lights as far as an ambush.

I like all the new designs in this thread regardless!

OK, now design an Infested to be like the Anglerfish.

Perhaps having something that resembles a mod and it can turn invisible for a short time.

Perhaps with a copy of a mod drop that it uses to lure Tenno to it?

The invisibility would stop the moment it moved or attacked. It would give us something to look out for other then those stupid broken lights as far as an ambush.

I like all the new designs in this thread regardless!

Hmm,  vaguely reminds me those instances in the first Dead Space where you'd see a bunch of credits or an upgrade node just lying on the floor and then WAM! A tentacle comes out and drags you into the wall if you don't kill it in time. I'll have to think on that one. Thanks for the suggestion.

I must say, I do appreciate all of the time you have put into developing this, are all of the drawings yours?

All except for the Ancients, those were done by RustyNaps, otherwise yeah, I drew these.

EDIT: Needless to say I appreciate your appreciation, so thank you. It's very...appreciated <:D

Edited by Paradoxbomb

Another update (kinda on a roll here).

Added some new redesigns for the various Ancients! Unfortunately this means I had to relocate the old artwork by RustyNaps to Player Suggestions for the time being (Sorry about that man. I would still like to see your updated drawings once you're done with them, I don't consider my own drawings permanent and I'll most likely add in both designs as potential concepts).

Another update (kinda on a roll here).

Added some new redesigns for the various Ancients! Unfortunately this means I had to relocate the old artwork by RustyNaps to Player Suggestions for the time being (Sorry about that man. I would still like to see your updated drawings once you're done with them, I don't consider my own drawings permanent and I'll most likely add in both designs as potential concepts).

No problem man, glad something of mine is actually liked :P

I like your new Ancient designs, especially healer; that's a nice design. Your disruptor looks a lot like my new one I am going to post here soon, it's nice to see how it would possibly look with color.

I went a little overboard on crawlers and updated the existing ones in game and made some new ones each with their corresponding faction weapons we use. For example, Electric crawler will have the Synapse integrated in it's design, and new crawler (made out of  mangled Grineer bits) will have a Tysis integrated etc. They are all very spider like :3.

I'm also drawing a different kind of Charger that utilizes explosive barrels making it an organic ranged trebuchette. Somewhat durable but rare unit which is easier to take out by shooting the barrel.